Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I really don't like commenting on women's appearances, but wth has Carol vorderman done to herself?

Kelly's muffins looked deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I really don't like commenting on women's appearances, but wth has Carol vorderman done to herself?

I was thinking the same about Carol Vorderman! Is there anything she hasn’t had done?

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about Carol Vorderman! Is there anything she hasn’t had done?

I always thought she was a very attractive woman. I get that after countdown she wanted to vamp things up.... But she has over done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only tuning in now, haven't read beyond this post - but had to come on to say exactly this :eek:

Once upon a time, a very very VERY long time ago, I appeared on Countdown and in the process met Carol V...... first time was in the make up room where I was getting a vague blow done on my hair (that was the start and the finish of it for contestants!) and she was having the full slap job done.... and I really, truly didn't recognise her until she started talking..... but holy god, what has she done in the meantime???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Whatever about her appearance, the pinched face, the pneumatic barbie body, she's still self conscious. Her hair was driving me insane, nobody should be baking with it spilling over their face and shoulders, but it was like that probably to hide evidence of the facelift.

• Advertisement

Whatever about her appearance, the pinched face, the pneumatic barbie body, she's still self conscious. Her hair was driving me insane, nobody should be baking with it spilling over their face and shoulders, but it was like that probably to hide evidence of the facelift.
    The hair! This!!!

Drives me absolutely nuts in this, Masterchef, and any other foody programmes I happen upon. Should be a hanging offence!

Yes! Totally agree on the hair.

Guaranteed there was at least one hair in that bake :(

Though hygiene practice in the tent can be a bit hit n miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I always thought she was a very attractive woman. I get that after countdown she wanted to vamp things up.... But she has over done it.

You mean Carol Kardashian. ...Jesus..there's someone struggling with her self image....mutton dressed as mutton.....:rolleyes:

Paul feigning innocence at having read any Jackie Collins books

And then getting told he had a "Jackie Collins-esque hero quality about him" :D

That fairly shut him up for once!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That was gas- I liked Judge Rinder, he seems like a nice guy!

I actually can't believe Carol Vorderman is still in her 50's, her botched facelift makes her look a lot older! I also think that she was also actually much prettier as a brunette.

+1 on the hair thing. I understand they are not going to have contestants on TV shows like GBBO/Masterchef etc wearing hairnets or anything, but long hair should at least be tied up!
    I'd definitely say her iced buns were filled with cream, jam and hair. *puke*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Awful indeed - should be a mandatory watching for anyone considering plastic surgery.

Oooooh Matron.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Anyone know where I can watch The Great British Bake Off online, It's not working on the channel 4 site and is no longer on Netflix ?

Oh God, Russell Brand :rolleyes: Spare me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh God, Russell Brand :rolleyes: Spare me!

Oh God again . He is a royal Pain in the ass

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Oh God again . He is a royal Pain in the ass
    Cannot STAND him!

John Lithgo, on the other hand..... <3

Ah jeez, how hard is it to cut a big rectangle into 12 even bits??? :rolleyes:

Johns blue lips !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Johns blue lips !!
    I know! :D:D:D

I really thought he would (and should have) get a handshake.

Jesus, Lithgo's cake mixture :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Didnt realise this episode was a repeat of last years! The previous episodes weren't were they?

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Didnt realise this episode was a repeat of last years! The previous episodes weren't were they?
    I thought Brand and his vagina sounded familiar :(

Also wonered where Noel's blonde hair suddenly came from!

I wonder did they have to stop filming because of the bloody virus?

Dovies wrote: »

Ahhhh . I thought it was me having a strange deja vue moment

I'm surprised I didn't recognise any of it before this bit!

Although I have the attention of a gnat when watching telly (mostly due to posting on boards at the same time!)

OMG, Russell Brand is such a complete PITA :mad:

And he's going to win, isn't he?

(You'd swear I was brand new to this)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    OMG, Russell Brand is such a complete PITA :mad:

And he's going to win, isn't he?

(You'd swear I was brand new to this)

I find him actually obnoxious .

What's the story with yer man Rylan? Is that is his real face or does he wear a latex mask? Any reason why his face is yellow?

Was there one on during the week? Was it a repeat also? My Sky box has lost the link it would seem.....

I have to say I like yer man Rylan! First saw him on The Jump. He's an awful eejit, but he's very self-deprecating and a lot funnier than most other "pro" comedians!

Dunno if it was a repeat - Rylan, Russel Tovey, the very easy on the eye Michelle Keegan and some comedian lad

Dunno if it was a repeat - Rylan, Russel Tovey, the very easy on the eye Michelle Keegan and some comedian lad
    Did Noel have blonde or black hair?? :D

• Advertisement

BLond I think

Advertisement