If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered an ULTRA HD TV but really need a good HD screen? Is HD poor?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I think I have made a boo boo.  I ordered an ULTRA HD tv thinking it would display normal HD at native resolution but it appears that in order to fill the screen it has to upscale it and that makes the picture worse?

And can I cancel order?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi swoofer,

Someone from Richersounds will be along on Monday to answer your query.

Folks,

Please note the Charter, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, not appropriate to pitch in your  opinion/advice on these threads.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

swoofer wrote: »
    I think I have made a boo boo.  I ordered an ULTRA HD tv thinking it would display normal HD at native resolution but it appears that in order to fill the screen it has to upscale it and that makes the picture worse?

And can I cancel order?
    Hi swoofer,

What TV was it you had ordered? We can certainly cancel it down for you however there are no Full HD screens above a 49", they would all be 4K UHD. They do need to upscale the image as they have more pixels to fill but we play Full HD content and Blu Ray through our display TVs and there isn't a noticeable drop in quality.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with the order.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭swoofer

Thanks for reply.  I'll do a bit of research in the next few hours.  I might go down to 43" and will go to a local store and have a look.  For some dumb reason I was under the impression the display would be switchable!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭quokula

Snipped by Mod

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

quokula,

Please take a moment to read the Charter - as set out in my post at the start of this thread, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies is not appropriate here.

If you have a query for Richersounds, feel free to open a thread and ask away but please do not post on this thread again.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply.  I'll do a bit of research in the next few hours.  I might go down to 43" and will go to a local store and have a look.  For some dumb reason I was under the impression the display would be switchable!! 
    Hi swoofer,

No problem, let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭swoofer

All sorted now.  Great service as usual. And thanks to all.

All sorted now.  Great service as usual.  And thanks to all.
    Thanks for the post swoofer!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.