Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry - expediting ROW application

Options
  • 18-08-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a house. However the house is on a private road and somehow the current owners never went about getting themselves added to the right of way.

The current owners have made an application since the start of July (form 67 - rule 121) with the signed consent of the surrounding land owners.

Does this type of application take long as my mortgage approval expires in October? The sellers solicitor has written a letter to try to expedite the application.

Is there anything I can do from my side to influence the speed at which it is dealt with? I have considered visiting my TD to see if they can do anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a house. However the house is on a private road and somehow the current owners never went about getting themselves added to the right of way.

The current owners have made an application since the start of July (form 67 - rule 121) with the signed consent of the surrounding land owners.

Does this type of application take long as my mortgage approval expires in October? The sellers solicitor has written a letter to try to expedite the application.

Is there anything I can do from my side to influence the speed at which it is dealt with? I have considered visiting my TD to see if they can do anything.

It can take a few months for any application to go through the land registry. Esp As the ROW needs to be registered and anything to do with mapping takes time as it can involve more than one department in land registry. The land registry is a government body so like a council, it will take as long as it takes and not much you can do. Before, banks didn’t mind if ROW wasn’t registered but are very strict now so lot of applications are going through registry which can slow it down.

I presume your solicitor got the application number (dealing number). With the dealing number they can check online the status of the application to see where it is. Also land registry deal with a first come first serve basis. If the folio you are buying as any other applications before the ROW, they will be dealt with first. That can slow things now.

Don’t change your finances in case you have to re apply for mortgage again.

Advertisement