Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween family holiday - suggestions?

• 18-08-2019 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions for a few days away somewhere in Europe during the Halloween school break. We'll have a couple of small children with us, and a few adults including my parents who are in their late sixties but are still quite active. We're hoping for somewhere with plenty to do and see, somewhere safe, easy to get around, and not too expensive. Open to absolutely any suggestions, I'm not well travelled at all and don't even know where to start looking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I'm looking for suggestions for a few days away somewhere in Europe during the Halloween school break. We'll have a couple of small children with us, and a few adults including my parents who are in their late sixties but are still quite active. We're hoping for somewhere with plenty to do and see, somewhere safe, easy to get around, and not too expensive. Open to absolutely any suggestions, I'm not well travelled at all and don't even know where to start looking!

We went to Rome a couple of years ago at Halloween. 5 nights. Had a fantastic time. Kids loved it. Stayed in an Airbnb Apartment in the Trastavere Area. Walked almost everywhere. Also used the Tram. Ate out every evening which was inexpensive and great food.

Did the Colosseum and the Vatican - both first thing in the morning to avoid the queues and to take advantage of the Kids energy levels at that time of day. Played it ear except for those 2 venues and saw lots.

Found Trastavere to be a family-friendly neighbourhood. Bring costumes for the Kids as they do dress up there and there was a great atmosphere out and about Halloween night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Lisbon, wonderful for all the family. Meets all the above criteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out Edinburg a fab city easy to get around and good food . We stayed in a premier inn on princes st or there is one on rise st both very very convienent for sightsee

Advertisement