Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online payment declined

Options
  • 18-08-2019 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have been trying to buy flights from Skyscanner that cost about €4,000 and each time my payment has been declined. I have tried about 10 times at this stage on different occasions. Is there some sort of a limit on the cards? I have a visa debit card. I have called into my branch and they said there should be no issue/limit with online payments. Would appreciate if someone can tell me what’s going and give me some advice as this is soooo frustrating, I can’t even spend my own money.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Staae_c,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

We are very sorry to hear that you were having difficulties with your card. There should be no restrictions on spending this amount with your card. May we ask, what error message did you see? Did it say "Verified by Visa" or "3D secure"?

Sometimes our card security team will check in when you're making a purchase that would be unusual for you. They'll send a text and email asking you to confirm with a "yes" or "no" if the payment is genuine. Did you receive anything from BOI like this?

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement