Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushrooms in south side suburbs.

Options
  • 19-08-2019 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I moved back to the city last year having spent a number of years in the sticks. I had gotten into the habit of picking mushrooms at this time of year when I walk the dog. Now that I'm in the city though I'm not sure the pickings will be as rich. I missed out last year's season because of the house move. I happened to be in a park in County Galway earlier this month and chanced upon five field mushrooms. I pan fried them, they were divine. I'd forgotten how flavoursome wild mushrooms are.

Are there any good grassy areas around Ballinlough/Douglas/Mahon for mushrooms? That Clover Hill Park on Skehard Road looks relatively wild and unfertilised, is that any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Saw some massive ones down by the Atlantic Pond the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Clover hill park is effectively a dog park.... because it's enclosed. I have not seen any mushrooms there.

Advertisement