Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Lahinch

• 19-08-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

Morning Folks

Off down to Lahinch at the weekend and planning on getting a run in if possible

Anyone know of any good routes, was thinking of heading towards Liscannor and cutting down by the coast from there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

In and out to Ennistymon might be appropriate.
    Be wary on Liscannor or Miltown roads as can be quite busy with tourist traffic and are narrow in places.

Suggesting distance you're looking for might help with suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

cheers

was thinking the roads might be a bit of an issue round there

thinking of doing between 20 - 25 km

Lahinch to Miltown on N67 and back via Ballard Rd out of Miltown looks perfect distance wise.

Not much of a hard shoulder on N67 iirc and traffic could be fairly moving but it's fairly straight and clear for most part I think.

Out and back via Ballard Rd might be quieter.

Check map to see where I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Super.

Thanks amillion

Route I was talking about.

Portion of last 7Km on pretty much country lanes so might be idea to have GPS on phone to make sure you don't go astray.

Nice drag up out of Miltown ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The R478 between Lachinch and Liscannor is scary. If you want to run the Cliffs, I recommend that you either drive or catch the bus to Liscannor.

Advertisement