Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that you don't give a $hit about.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The best Irish sports person ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

the point still applies, it is those people who will step on anyone and everyone to climb that social ladder for thing like status are more often the most unhappy people constantly striving to want more and more.

There is no job, nor house, etc that is so important that I could not walk away from

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

The "salt of de earth" local dubliners ...don't care if they live or die can't stand the accent the misplaced pride in their area, the generational stupidity and ignorance

Ah jaysus dya-member bang bang.. f@ck off back to you hole and ear your spice bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Instagram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

People that choose to move outside Dublin and then moan about commuting back to Dublin for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The "salt of de earth" local dubliners ...don't care if they live or die can't stand the accent the misplaced pride in their area, the generational stupidity and ignorance

Ah jaysus dya-member bang bang.. f@ck off back to you hole and ear your spice bag.

Excellent rant, dude. Up until the lockdown I ran a business that employed up to 15 people at its peak. I never hired anyone with a strong Dublin accent, even though the business is in Dublin. In fact I never hired anyone from Dublin now that I think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent rant, dude. Up until the lockdown I ran a business that employed up to 15 people at its peak. I never hired anyone with a strong Dublin accent, even though the business is in Dublin. In fact I never hired anyone from Dublin now that I think about it.

Might be why your business is no longer at its 'peak'?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

premiership football - in fact I'd go as far as to say I hate it. I cant stand the way it invades just about every part of the media. Every day I am subjected to some horsesh*t about what some 3rd rate 2nd division striker had for lunch and whats worse is its broadcast at the top of the bulletin like its breaking news of interest. Shudder to think they'd tell me something about any Irish athlete doing anything noteworthy.

I'd like to think todays final games would make a blind bit of difference - from 9am tomorrow we'll be subjected to months of inane bollox about the fookin summer transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

o1s1n wrote: »

Nah, dude, business was thriving before lockdown. Turns out there isn’t much demand for commercial catering equipment these days. Nothing to do with a No Jackeen hiring policy.

o1s1n wrote: »

how do equate that ?

Are you saying a company with more dubs would be more successful ?
    What warped logic are you using to come up with that.

If hiring dubs simply made a business more successful why has so many dublin companies folded.

Everyone knows the thing to do is hire intelligent people, so that automatically rules out dubs....:D

this is a joke before someone cries to the mods about me being "racist" or some other nonsense if the have no sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nah, dude, business was thriving before lockdown. Turns out there isn’t much demand for commercial catering equipment these days. Nothing to do with a No Jackeen hiring policy.

Good businesses survive, bad management and poor recruitment policies are less likely to survive this pandemic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Donald Trump and the USA. People will march about Trump before issues that hit closer to home, its bizarre.

I absolutely couldn't give a toss about my birthday too. I don't see the big deal, its just another day. Maybe celebrate a milestone one but even that I'm not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Which begs the obvious question, why did you set up business in a city that you hate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Which begs the obvious question, why did you set up business in a city that you hate?

To make money. some of the customers I come across can be arseholes but unless they cross the line, I just smile and take their money, while thinking to myself that they are tossers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So he can give out to us Dubs for having a Dublin accent, imagine, people from Dublin have a Dublin accent....

I think accents are a musical thing anyway, I lived in NCD for a few years and developed a bit of a North Dublin drawl, once I moved back to City my accent is back to normal...

I think Longford people sound like travelling people for the most part with their accents but I wouldn't let it paint a picture of the person they are because of how they sound, it's just the neck of the woods they are from...

Fieldog wrote: »
    So he can give out to us Dubs for having a Dublin accent, imagine, people from Dublin have a Dublin accent....

I think accents are a musical thing anyway, I lived in NCD for a few years and developed a bit of a North Dublin drawl, once I moved back to City my accent is back to normal...

I think Longford people sound like travelling people for the most part with their accents but I wouldn't let it paint a picture of the person they are because of how they sound, it's just the neck of the woods they are from...

same with people from offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

RobAMerc wrote: »
    premiership football - in fact I'd go as far as to say I hate it. I cant stand the way it invades just about every part of the media. Every day I am subjected to some horsesh*t about what some 3rd rate 2nd division striker had for lunch and whats worse is its broadcast at the top of the bulletin like its breaking news of interest. Shudder to think they'd tell me something about any Irish athlete doing anything noteworthy.

I'd like to think todays final games would make a blind bit of difference - from 9am tomorrow we'll be subjected to months of inane bollox about the fookin summer transfers

Odd for there to be something about a 2nd division striker during the Premier League section...

I love this.

People live or work in a city that they clearly hate and then moan about the city like it's the city's fault.

Why don't you work and set up business somewhere else and employ people who dont have a Dublin accent in peace.

If you dislike working class Dublin people then that's your problem. Nobody else'.

Which leads me on to one of the many things i don't care about, people who blame their surroundings and other people for their own shortcomings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭bmc58

endacl wrote: »
    I don’t give a $hit about your thread.

And yet you had to make a comment on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

pgj2015 wrote: »
    same with people from offaly.

It seems to be that kind of area alright, even Wexford has dodgy accent's, but I know a lot of people from there and it's just their accent, I don't judge them for it...

I deal with people up and down Ireland every day on the phone, it's usually a different accent for every person I speak to and I'm used to all them pretty much....

Except Omagh up north, it's thicker than the thickest Belfast accent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭bmc58

I don't give a sh*t about drug dealing criminals shooting each other.

I feel the same way about rugby and the film industry

bmc58 wrote: »
    I don't give a sh*t about drug dealing criminals shooting each other.

no one does.

I don;t give a sh1t about manchester united, liverpool and Tottenham hotspur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

This. Some lads it's 90% of their conversation repertoire. Used to be mad into it myself but outgrew it in my early 20s just like I outgrew WWF wrestling when I was 13.

That's just strange

Why ?

I see people today with ZERO social skills, ignorant and head stuck in their phones,

I choose not to be like them, I will use the net from my pc at home, or use the home landline if I need to make a phonecall,

I got rid of my last mobile around 2 decades ago, flung it in the river leaving Isaac bells pub in cork...now long gone as well,
    Got fed up with job calling me when I was off, or to do something work related, people looking for loans or favors, etc...never anyone ringing to do me a turn. So after a begging call to many, just tossed it and vowed never again.

Now when work is over, I an done, and even my landline only goes to family, hospital and close friends, where now phonecalls are important, and not nonsense gossiping.

Wife has her mobile so she can gossip all she wants, but I prefer to be left alone unless its an emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Babies

I didnt care about them when I was 6, don't care about them now

Oh someones had a baby, its not like thousands of them are born around the world every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Children going back to school.

Rather they didn't, it would upset my commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

KilOit wrote: »
    People that choose to move outside Dublin and then moan about commuting back to Dublin for work

People who choose to do something and then moan doing said thing

My mother chose to be a nurse, almost every day she'd come home and complain about being a nurse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

rob316 wrote: »
    Donald Trump and the USA. People will march about Trump before issues that hit closer to home, its bizarre.

I absolutely couldn't give a toss about my birthday too. I don't see the big deal, its just another day. Maybe celebrate a milestone one but even that I'm not bothered.

I’m with you on the birthday thing. My last one was my 40th. Wanted to keep it low key but failed marvelously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m with you on the birthday thing. My last one was my 40th. Wanted to keep it low key but failed marvelously...

Have they become a bigger deal for adults in the last 10/15 years?

Don't remember my parents really celebrating theirs, even getting cards apart from milestone ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I feel the same way about rugby and the film industry

you couldnt for a minute suggest that either is in anyway as pervasive as premiership football - have a look at tonigths 6-1 news sport report, 90% chance the first thing on it is something related to premiership ( despite the fact its finished for the season )

you might not like rugby or movies, but to say that its blanket horsh(t reporting like football is ridiculous

The cinema industry in Ireland.

In time of 'Pandemic' the rather lame advice of the cinema business rep on rté radio of "Don't go at a Peak Time" doesn't inspire confidence.

The never-ending Madeline McCann saga. It was one of the main stories on Virgin Media news at 8 tonight, before much more relevant Covid-related stories here in Ireland ffs!

Of course it's sad what happened to her (no thanks to her negligent parents) but if she was the child of non-white and/or working class parents we'd all have stopped hearing about her years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The never-ending Madeline McCann saga. It was one of the main stories on Virgin Media news at 8 tonight, before much more relevant Covid-related stories here in Ireland ffs!

Of course it's sad what happened to her (no thanks to her negligent parents) but if she was the child of non-white and/or working class parents we'd all have stopped hearing about her years ago.

Greatest load of bollox I read all evening.

TA d that there are still scones about who actually think like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't care if someone disagrees with my opinions, I will listen/read their opinions, accept their right to their opinion, but being human and a hypocrite I make an exception for a few items, chatting with rabid Brexiteers is fun, its kinda like trolling but being serious about how crap it is, the same goes for US Trump fans.

if they were working class the papers would have hounded them, the papers gave them a free ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mekirin

Social "Influencers". Absolute wasters the lot of them.

Advertisement