Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that you don't give a $hit about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Whether or when the pubs reopen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

WWF or whatever they call it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Aren’t you the dude with a swastika tattoo? I’d say it’s safe to say you do care what people think about you.

He's really old too... and has so many injuries from doing martial arts, that he walks like a crab first thing in the morning and would probably shatter into a thousand pieces if someone actually challenged him to a fight in real life! :pac:

(I think he also fought in vietnam or some sh!te as well)

But he's still hard as nails don't you know! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool fans - crawl back to your boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Keeping up with the Joneses.

A friend of mine, only in his early 20s, puts in huge effort to give the appearance of wealth. We met up the other day and he saw I had a new phone, no biggie. Today he informs me he has pissed away 1300 for the new iPhone 11 Pro max whatever.

Why must everything be a competition? It's mind numbingly stupid always trying to one up others

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I don't care that the Washington Redskins have to change their name.... I equally didn't care about their name before hand either.
    Washington was a slave owner so they'll need another name change

and round the houses we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Dragging up a 10 month old thread to say that, yep definitely don't give a $hit.

I never said I didn't. I think it's vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Parents and students whinging about late leaving cert results and how stressd out they are.

I did my LC in 1981, anyone else who did theirs that year will remember that the results came out in mid September due to strike, the sky didn't fall in, people still went on the third level.
    Suck it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Kids "graduating" from national school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

Reality tv programs and "famous" people whose fame is based entirely upon them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

The black lives matter sham, OTT climate change weirdos, direct provision (if you're not a genuine refugee then I don't care), militant vegans who tell us how terrible we are for eating animals, LGBTXYZ I am so special activists who try push their views down your throat, militant atheists and this new breed of ''woke'' people in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Kids "graduating" from national school.

Kids "graduating" from secondary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fancy coffee and craft beer.

Coronavirus. Just fùck off.

He's really old too... and has so many injuries from doing martial arts, that he walks like a crab first thing in the morning and would probably shatter into a thousand pieces if someone actually challenged him to a fight in real life! :pac:

(I think he also fought in vietnam or some sh!te as well)

But he's still hard as nails don't you know! :P

Unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

wearing a face mask. I cringe when I see someone wearing them outside or driving a car lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Leeds United being back in the Premier League.

Actually, pretty much anything to do with Premier League football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Sloane Calm Soapsuds

Grown ups who love/obsessed with Harry Potter/Disney Movies - grow up
    Those who lose their mind with Superhero movies, i like watching them but people who get whingy about them are annoying and say this about every superhero movie (i'd only agree with them when they do lazy gender swap reboots) and honestly they end up with same premise
    Instagram/Social media "stars"
    Anime, Digimon and Pokemon
    Donald Trump/American Politics, no fan of trump but im trying to take a break from a friend whose an obsessed hater of his, who has to squeeze their dislike of him into every conversation (hes trying to do the same with Boris too)
    Fascination with Celebrities personal lives, who cares who'se dating who, whose lgbt, etc..

KaneToad wrote: »
    Kids "graduating" from secondary school.

Since when was "graduation" a thing here?
    We just fücked off home on the last day or half day.

Since when was "graduation" a thing here?
    We just fücked off home on the last day or half day.

proliferation of American tv shows, expect the grads/debs to be changed to the Prom or have spring/winter formals soon

• Advertisement

And another one

The obsession with the Gym...just people who go on and on about going to one, whinging about "cheat meals/days"....Couldn't care less if you go and stop spamming social media with Gym stuff.... good you go to the gym, dont need an update on it

It's just an instant turn off with me for a woman who'se obsessed with the gym

Comic Con: Sad fúckers that need to grow up.

Golf: Mind numbing doesn't go there and while I'm at it Rory McIlroy, he can disappear up his own hole for all I care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Woke gobsh1tes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Bogus asylum seekers (and their supporters) complaining about them being kept in direct provision while they drag out their case with appeals. Don’t like it in direct provision? Take your rejection and go somewhere else.

Bogus asylum seekers (and their supporters) complaining about them being kept in direct provision while they drag out their case with appeals. Don’t like it in direct provision? Take your rejection and go somewhere else.
    im sick of the tactic of go to the media to drum up support from the luvvies who will "protest" this...have your application and one appeal within 3/6 months and that's it...

And another one
    Grown ups who say hollibobs/pops

And those who whinge endlessly on and on, either in person/social media about needing a holiday/go abroad...no one cares you dont have your 5 holidays away..

live laugh love or those sh!tty "inspirational" posts

Those who play/involved with gaa, a lot have a sense of self importance or thinking theyre local celebrities in their local area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

The black lives matter sham, OTT climate change weirdos, direct provision (if you're not a genuine refugee then I don't care), militant vegans who tell us how terrible we are for eating animals, LGBTXYZ I am so special activists who try push their views down your throat, militant atheists and this new breed of ''woke'' people in general.

I agree with most of that... except militant atheists... I fcuking love in your face militant atheists! :D

I love (and actively take part in) the degradation and destruction of god/religion. It's one of my favourite things to do, in fact! :)

I really hope our generation can continue the great work of tearing down and dismantling these evil diseased and decrepit institutions. For me, it's one of the most important steps in our evolution as species!

CHRw.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

And another one

The obsession with the Gym...just people who go on and on about going to one, whinging about "cheat meals/days"....Couldn't care less if you go and stop spamming social media with Gym stuff.... good you go to the gym, dont need an update on it

I agree. the worst ones are the women who used to be fat, because its all that matters to them now. if they have 5 pictures on a dating site, at least 4 of them will be a gym pic. everyone should exercise the same way everyone should eat a breakfast or get sleep, its like their whole personality is the gym which is very boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

And another one

I've a friend that goes to the gym twice a day for six days a week, cooks his food for the week etc. Why even bother

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I agree. the worst ones are the women who used to be fat, because its all that matters to them now. if they have 5 pictures on a dating site, at least 4 of them will be a gym pic. everyone should exercise the same way everyone should eat a breakfast or get sleep, its like their whole personality is the gym which is very boring.

gym bores, there's a small time wannabe influencer down who was obese before she shed the pounds and she's now going to car parks with her poor friend to take photos of herself in fancy/branded clothes and doing make up tips in hope she'd get freebies ....she has less than a thousand fans....and every post she does comes off as she's saving the world with her posts, being obnoxious as hell (she's known around the nightscene - regular in certain pubs/clubs ) and choreographed posing in Merchant's quay car park

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »
    ... cooks his food for the week etc. Why even bother

This is a class way of saving time and eating halfway healthy. Don't have to be gym bro to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

Christmas Cards.

20 years ago, I loved them. Older and wiser now and don't give a $hit about them.

Happy to never see another one coming in my door. I used to stress myself out about having to send the U.S. ones by whatever date, the U.K. by another date. Last date for posting Irish ones etc. Gave it up as a bad habit about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Read a thread title before I clicked this one and it was about Eamon Ryan sleeping in the Dail.

I most certainly won't be clicking into that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Just inane boring stuff like local celebrity/politician gossip. The whole Epstein case for instance, don't know why, just find it boring. Like they said in peep show, 9/11 was great news. The problem is it desensitized me to everything. When I was discovering the world, so many things happened(Omagh bombing, Kursk disaster, 9/11, Moscow theatre siege, Beslan, Afghanistan and Iraq) all these seemed like plots of movies playing out on screen; we reached peak news in 2003 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Reality TV the kardasahians big brother stars love Island stars, the sun the daily star, absolutely irrelevant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

'Cultural appropriation'
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Any threads started by mr_fegelien . . .

'Cultural appropriation'
    :rolleyes:

A lot of this is Westerners getting offended for someone else.
    Dress up in an Asian conical hat here, everyone loses it. Wear one in Vietnam, none of the locals will give a shıt. It's just a goddamn hat, there's stalls full of them for anyone to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Boris Johnson.

Why is my wife who never gave a fiddler's about British politics suddenly obsessed with a hatred of Boris?
    Yes she is English but hasn't lived there in over 20 years and has applied for an Irish passport. Prior to Brexit and Boris she had zero interest in politics. Now it's all Huawei, evil Boris and conspiracy theories!

It's really starting to wear on me.

• Advertisement

Nice to see Boris' divisiveness transcends borders.

My contribution to the thread - Boris

(Not that it really matters 'over there')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Nice to see Boris' divisiveness transcends borders.

My contribution to the thread - Boris

(Not that it really matters 'over there')

It's not even devisive.
    I'm no Boris fan.
    It's the obsessive nature that's tedious.

Us politics.

It's bull**** and both CNN and fox are horrible biased. Turn the channel!

blm marches in Ireland. The cops on trial, what more do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't give a **** about the FBI
    I don't give a **** about the CIA
    I don't give a **** about [?]
    I don't give a **** about anything

I don't care what you want me to say
    I don't give a **** about it anyway
    I don't give a **** about the whole damn thing
    I don't give a **** about LSD

I don't care who you want me to be
    I don't care what you want me to see
    I can't give a **** about who I am
    I can't give a **** about Vietnam

I don't give a **** about your mom and your dad
    I don't give a **** about the things you had
    I don't give a **** about what you're gonna do
    All I ever ****ing think about is you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Birthdays. I don't give a sh1t that you've managed to survive for x amount of years.

BLM. Virtue signalling nonsense that will be forgotten about come September.

Reality TV. A good way to filter out the brainless from your life. Grown men chatting about Love Island? My God...

Staycations tO hElP sTrUgGlInG bUsInEsSeS. No.

Leaving Cert. As a nation, we have a very weird interest in a set of exams. Odd.

Rebel music. Cringe.

Derry Girls/Young Offenders/Normal People. Dross.

Women's sport. Sorry, I just can't watch a sport that's far inferior to a sport I can watch on tap in the form of male sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

-People who have strong opinions but no factual evidence or worse yet being over confident on the limited information they know on a topic.

-Whataboutery

-Whingers who moan at the slightest provocation. Letting it ruin their whole day and inflicting their bad mood on others.

-People who do not stick by their principals. One example is when people I know who are all anti celebrity, anti vanity, anti vaccuous watch a show like Love Island and say "it's just a bit of craic". No, you're supporting that s***e and propogating that culture of vanity & fake celebrity. You are part of the problem but whatever, just don't talk to me about how we have to improve society and all that.

-Speaking instead of doing. Shut up, do the thing and then talk about it. Not big grand statements.

• Advertisement

The Irish hockey (both sexes) and cricket teams.

mmm. Saw a post from another rereg was deleted by him. Oh, something else I don't give a hoot about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pretty much all social media /popular crusades. Unfortunately though it's no longer that simple.

Social media has moved into a position where any random "trending" post can be globally recognised in minutes and often regurgitated or taken at face value without the reader doing their own thinking on the topic - particularly because these things come with a "you're with us or against us" angle that doesn't support reasoned debate.

The problem though is that it was one thing when this stuff was confined to Facebook and Twitter but now these divisive agendas (often American originated and wholly incompatible with countries and societies beyond their borders) are becoming a basis for domestic politics and social policies as those most vulnerable to it crave validation from others.

In a country with enough problems as it is like Ireland, we certainly don't need to be importing more from a deeply divided and fractured place like the US.

It's becoming increasingly harder to speak out against such things without being labelled a - phobe or - ist and this accelerates the problem and discourages discussion because of the potential consequences to anyone not "on message", that and formerly respected media outlets likewise regurgitating this stuff to fill virtual column inches and simultaneously adding legitimacy to whatever the "cause" of the week is. RTE is a perfect example of this, but pretty much all mainstream Irish media works along these lines. Ireland in particular seems to soak the worst of it up like a sponge.

Unfortunately I think it'll get much worse before it gets better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

chrissb8 wrote: »
    -People who have strong opinions but no factual evidence or worse yet being over confident on the limited information they know on a topic.

-Whataboutery

-Whingers who moan at the slightest provocation. Letting it ruin their whole day and inflicting their bad mood on others.

-People who do not stick by their principals. One example is when people I know who are all anti celebrity, anti vanity, anti vaccuous watch a show like Love Island and say "it's just a bit of craic". No, you're supporting that s***e and propogating that culture of vanity & fake celebrity. You are part of the problem but whatever, just don't talk to me about how we have to improve society and all that.

-Speaking instead of doing. Shut up, do the thing and then talk about it. Not big grand statements.

Those vivid and quite pointed descriptions suggest that you do in fact give quite a few $h1ts about those things.

And its 'principles'.

For my part, I'm into politics and current affairs and World issues and all that, but one I think I genuinely couldn't give a flying shyte about, is the middle east peace process.

I'm not talking about Syria, where I think Russian involvement should concern us all, but the Holy Land stuff, Israel and Palestine. Its so utterly inconsequential on the World scale and so unlikely ever to produce a workable solution it just bores the ar5e off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Those vivid and quite pointed descriptions suggest that you do in fact give quite a few $h1ts about those things.

And its 'principles'.

Ok? Strange

• Advertisement
Advertisement