Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that you don't give a $hit about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if I see that Paul Mescal lad in anything else I'll scream

Social media make him out to be a god, the man could just be out for a walk and they would make a deal out of it 'must see actor Paul Mescal out for a walk passes and says hello to adoring fans'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A United Ireland

PTH2009 wrote: »
    if I see that Paul Mescal lad in anything else I'll scream

Social media make him out to be a god, the man could just be out for a walk and they would make a deal out of it 'must see actor Paul Mescal out for a walk passes and says hello to adoring fans'

Who?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seamai wrote: »
    The Irish hockey (both sexes) and cricket teams.

All sports. Never saw the point in any of it.
    If Ireland were playing the world Cup final, I'd go to the supermarket to take advantage of the lack of queues.
    Truthvader wrote: »
    A United Ireland

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When you congratulate someone on their new baby and you get a detailed description of the labour and birth.
    I don't care, I doubt anyone does.
    I'm assuming a stork didn't bring the baby, this might make for an interesting story, otherwise, no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I agree. the worst ones are the women who used to be fat, because its all that matters to them now. if they have 5 pictures on a dating site, at least 4 of them will be a gym pic. everyone should exercise the same way everyone should eat a breakfast or get sleep, its like their whole personality is the gym which is very boring.
    I can't remember where I heard it from probably some US sitcom about the expectation vs. reality.

"she lost 4 stone, but she's still ugly"

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Sport on tv, the only sport I watch is the world Cup. I don't give a damn about the premiership,
    Most players will go to any team that gives them the most money.
    The way the system works seems to be
    the team with the most money will probably win the cup, eg the team that will buy the best players regardless of the cost.
    I have no interest in gaa, hurling, rugby etc I.m not against lgbt rights, I don't understand someone who objects to being called, him or her.
    Everyone was born male or female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lundstram wrote: »
    Birthdays. I don't give a sh1t that you've managed to survive for x amount of years.

BLM. Virtue signalling nonsense that will be forgotten about come September.

Reality TV. A good way to filter out the brainless from your life. Grown men chatting about Love Island? My God...

Staycations tO hElP sTrUgGlInG bUsInEsSeS. No.

Leaving Cert. As a nation, we have a very weird interest in a set of exams. Odd.

Rebel music. Cringe.

Derry Girls/Young Offenders/Normal People. Dross.

Women's sport. Sorry, I just can't watch a sport that's far inferior to a sport I can watch on tap in the form of male sports.

Agree with all of that apart from the women’s sport...

Example... Tennis, I find the women’s game far more interesting then the men’s... The likes of Pete Sampras and a couple of others were the beginning of me getting a bit fed up of the men’s game. A personality vacuum Sampras with a tank of a serve and an otherwise decent game. Agassi was 1000% more entertaining and enjoyable to watch... fast, agile, entertaining, interesting personality.

But the likes of Graf, Seles, Novotna, Martina, Hinges and many more were entertaining.... rally’s lasted, play was unpredictable, aces far and few between.... sport should be entertaining, woman’s tennis is, and women’s sport overall can be more competitive and close therefore more or as enjoyable, depending on the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Skid marks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Strumms wrote: »

Example... Tennis, I find the women’s game far more interesting then the men’s... The likes of Pete Sampras and a couple of others were the beginning of me getting a bit fed up of the men’s game. A personality vacuum Sampras with a tank of a serve and an otherwise decent game. Agassi was 1000% more entertaining and enjoyable to watch... fast, agile, entertaining, interesting personality.

But the likes of Graf, Seles, Novotna, Martina, Hinges and many more were entertaining.... rally’s lasted, play was unpredictable, aces far and few between.... sport should be entertaining, woman’s tennis is, and women’s sport overall can be more competitive and close therefore more or as enjoyable, depending on the sport.

I think the difference is that the coverage for ladies tennis is organic. It has been on an even footing with the men in terms of being on our tellies every summer with Wimbledon. Same goes with the women's disciplines in the Olympics every four years.

The way it is now though, is that the clearly inferior women's soccer, gaelic football, camogie and rugby are being forced down our throats to comply with the "inclusivety" of sports coverage today. It's actually crazy that media outlets are essentially being forced to cover sports that have disproportionately smaller audiences and thus less interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Lundstram wrote: »
    Birthdays. I don't give a sh1t that you've managed to survive for x amount of years.

BLM. Virtue signalling nonsense that will be forgotten about come September.

Reality TV. A good way to filter out the brainless from your life. Grown men chatting about Love Island? My God...

Staycations tO hElP sTrUgGlInG bUsInEsSeS. No.

Leaving Cert. As a nation, we have a very weird interest in a set of exams. Odd.

Rebel music. Cringe.

Derry Girls/Young Offenders/Normal People. Dross.

Women's sport. Sorry, I just can't watch a sport that's far inferior to a sport I can watch on tap in the form of male sports.

Are you me? Haha

Agreed

Defo the birthdays comment

Don't even care about my own regardless of age, not mind someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The way it is now though, is that the clearly inferior women's soccer, gaelic football, camogie and rugby are being forced down our throats to comply with the "inclusivety" of sports coverage today. It's actually crazy that media outlets are essentially being forced to cover sports that have disproportionately smaller audiences and thus less interest.

Is it being forced down our throats ? Last years All Ireland ladies football final had about 57,000 people in attendance... it’s only in the latter half of the decade where the woman’s game was given anything approaching any serious media coverage and it’s becoming more accessible to everybody. Live matches, highlights, interviews with players, panel discussions and so on... instead of a token of showing the final live. That enables the public to be more involved, to enjoy the product and all of us to become acquainted with how competitive, skillful, entertaining and passionate ladies football is.

I know a couple of inter-county players and I see the hard work, dedication to fitness, skills, they put in.. its work/college - friends/family - football... it’s physical, skillful, entertaining....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Strumms wrote: »

womens tennis hasnt been in anyway competitive or entertaining in nearly twenty years, the williams sisters destroyed it ( through sheer dominance )

sampras was the most boring person alive , never mind in tennis , take him out of the equation and hes been out of the game for nearly twenty years anyway , mens tennis has had several players who were capable of winning any of the grand slams , mens tennis has far exceeded womens for more than fifteen years

i did prefer womens tennis in the late eighties and early nineties to the mens game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Northern Irish construction workers working in the republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Fancy phones like iPhone. I really don't get how people use them as a fashion accessory. I used to repair phones and I no the cheap parts that apple use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The latest hit TV series. Sorry but binge watching the number 1 show on Netflix is not a substitute for a personality, f*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

Hang on, can we please go back to that comment a year or so ago...
    Raconteuse wrote: »
    Spiders. Harmless lil dudes in this country.

(Yeah I would freak if one with a body the size of a conker appeared but I haven't seen one of those in this country since I was eight).

I hope that was in a zoo - I'm ok with our teeny little fellas, or the teeny fellas with the long awkward legs on them. But spiders with bodies the size of conkers?? I'm shutting all the windows now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nordies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

tjhook wrote: »
    Hang on, can we please go back to that comment a year or so ago...

I hope that was in a zoo - I'm ok with our teeny little fellas, or the teeny fellas with the long awkward legs on them. But spiders with bodies the size of conkers?? I'm shutting all the windows now.

They tend to “peak” around September/October, you’ll see a fair few running about then due to their “mating” season.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, St Valentines Day - commercial nonsense.

Give me Birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries and Christmas only please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cal4567 wrote: »

Nah. Mothers and Fathers Day are great fun for the kids. Might even get a few pints if I'm lucky.
    Commercial ****e yes , but harmless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cal4567 wrote: »

Don't care about any of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When you flush the bog what happens to your sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gael23 wrote: »
    When you flush the bog what happens to your sh1t

Da furrhke dude.

Think of the lads in the shït farm, mate.

Give them a chance to get the ‘big knives’ out if there’s a herd of ‘King Edwards’ en route.

Respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don't really give a sh1t about most things any more .

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

cj maxx wrote: »
    I don't really give a sh1t about most things any more .

I think I am with you there. May be age and a cynicism after almost a half century in work as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Populist sports
    Christmas
    Northern Ireland
    Cars
    Heritage
    Gardening
    Funerals
    Other peoples life problems

Reregs with posts of ZERO credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Sloane Calm Soapsuds

People who have pronouns like "she/her" in their social media, - feck off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Don't care about any of the above.

Came on here to post something in this vein: couldn't give a fúck about adult birthdays. I have a friend who's a funny bollôcks - the day after his birthday he'll remind me it's 364 days to his next one.
    Weddings and christenings are fine but engagements, anniversaries and baby showers can take a running jump.
    (Can you tell I'm not a party person ???:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry just skimmed through the thread best I could.

I would say for me it is Celebrity Shyte, what did so called celebrities do for us? Nothing like the Romans did anyway lol. And I know they weren't here, just in general ok.

There is so much more, and when I get time to read back, I am sure I will high five lots of suggestions too that I would totally agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

The Kardashian craze, theres people who dedicate their lives to help humanity, scientists, doctors, soldiers, engineers,, even ordinary people doing shìt jobs for shìt money trying to keep their head above water , and we place these fcukin degenerates on pedestals and treat them like royalty, we've fckued up as a society when we make heros of pond scum like them, not to mention the waste of space the likes of I'm a celebrity and Britain's got talent produce, I'd be quite happy to see simon Cowell die a pauper for what he has single handedly done to the music industry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Dont care about BLM
    dont care about brexit
    nor Global warming
    or who runs this country badly
    dont care whether trump wins or loses the next election.

I dont worry about something I have no say in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People who have pronouns like "she/her" in their social media, - feck off

Twitter bios are just awful, always ****e like father,4 daughters, lfc, tea drinker. Just **** off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don't give a ****e about YouTube drama, influencers insult other youtubers or have a beef with them, it's like gossip about c list celebs.
    It's there to sell papers or get hits or video views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dermot Kennedy, Im forced to listen to FM104 every day and he is played every hour, over rated ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The USA. A horrible country where life means nothing and nearly everyone has a gun. if you gave me a green card to live there I would burn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Religions- all of them. Have never seen anything good about any of them, know a few very religious people and cannot for the life of me see how their lives are better in any way because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

Who wins the US Presidential election. You have people obsessing over every little detail, poll, stressing out about provincial electoral races in some place you never heard of, purely because it gives an indication of where Dems v Reps is. Madness.

• Advertisement

The Johnny Depp courtroom shıtshow. Couldn't care less about either of them.

The Johnny Depp courtroom shıtshow. Couldn't care less about either of them.

Remember his poor dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. C.C.L.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

What secondary school people went to... the amount of clowns who mention it is hilarious, then come the circle jerking and soggy biscuit stories, i really dont care ..

People winning a lottery. How is this even news?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mikecope

Being wealthy, having an expensive car and a big house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

If i were to name the things I dont care for it would take forever. bar using the pc I am a bit of a luddite

I dont have a mobile phone
    I dont have a credit card
    I dont have sky tv or virgin or whatever
    I dont drive
    dont have a facebook account or instagram
    Dont read newspapers or watch the news
    I dont care about the property ladder, car, status, politics, religion.

I think of what George Carlin said about motivation not being a good thing, as Stalin, Hitler, Pol pot etc were all highly motivated people.
    Its the people who seek status, spend their lives worrying about others are the ones throwing themselves off buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The Irish Language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I dont have a mobile phone

That's just strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I think of what George Carlin said about motivation not being a good thing, as Stalin, Hitler, Pol pot etc were all highly motivated people.
    Its the people who seek status, spend their lives worrying about others are the ones throwing themselves off buildings

I think he said it in the context of people demonising the unemployed.

"You show me a lazy prick who's lying in bed all day, watching TV, only occasionally getting up to piss, and I'll show you a guy who's not causing any trouble."

Advertisement