Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 4G Mobile Broadband throttling after 100GB data add on

• 19-08-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I've had the Vodafone 4G Mobile Broadband at home for nearly a year and it's been very reliable, with speeds of up to 70mbps, but rarely dropping below 20mbps. Recently I've been getting closer and closer to the 150GB/month limit. I read online that there was an 100GB add-on that could be used for an extra €10/month. I rang Vodafone, got the add-on (why it couldn't be done online I don't know), but ever since then my speed seems to be capped at 10mbps. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but I'm very suspicious that VF are allowing the higher capacity at the cost of massive throttling.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It really wouldnt surprise me if they were.

Vodafone are very eager to not turn into Three, allowing multiple users to blast through 250GB/mo would knacker the network. Its midband and not designed for heavy usage. You may be in the sticks and limited to such options but network optimisations are applied nationally.

i've had that addon since January. and never noticed any throttling.

there was always some reduction in speeds in the evening (congestion or what not) but over the last week the d/l speeds aren't great, but unlike the previous issues with it, a reboot of the router seems to fix it.

this plan is almost 2 years old now, and seeing as its a 24 month contract im hoping they might do something with the plan,
    Things have changed considerably streaming wise and it would be easy for a family to go thru 250gb without taking the proverbial p**s

as Ed E said , being in the sticks has limited options, so whatever they decide i'll prob be staying with it.

i don't think they will change it , but we can always hope

Advertisement