Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule of Antenatal appointments

Options
  • 19-08-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone any idea of what weeks you should go to your GP & to the maternity hospital for check ups/ scans etc. please leading up to the big day?

Thanks,
    W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I posted it in the March 2020 thread about a week ago. Hopefully this link works https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057999160/3/#post110935599

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Do you have your file? If so on the front of this it tells you at what stage you go to the appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

yI3GzLy

http://imgur.com/a/yI3GzLy

This is the Rotunda's community midwife schedule. I think all the hospitals have slight variations and it'll also depend on your specific risks and public/private choices.

At the booking in visit they should tell you when your next 2 appointments are.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Usually it's see GP for registration of pregnancy whenever, obstetric booking visit anytime from 10-20 weeks (!), every 4 weeks between 20 and 30 weeks, fortnightly between 30 and 36 weeks then weekly until D day. Usually alternating between GP and hospital unless complicated. That's the general gist for routine care anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You don't need to visit gp to confirm pregnancy just contact the maternity hospital. If you want to go private and want a certain consultant get in touch ASAP as they can book up quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The HSE sent me the schedule once I went to the GP on two of my pregnancies.

The Rotunda also sent me a schedule once I registered with their semi-private clinic for the booking appointments.....the two didn't quite line up mind you, but I got the gist of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Advertisement