Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re date of claim and subsequent NCB

• 19-08-2019 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A claim was made on our insurance and "date of loss" is recorded as 04/09/2015. Our insurance then renewed on 09/09/2015.

I've just realised that our insurance company (same company as when the accident happened) only have us down for 3 years NCB, but if the date of loss is before we renewed in 2015 then surely we should be at 4 years by now?

Edit to add - We also actually had (and still have) step back protection at the time. So the 6 years we had should have been reduced to 3, plus the NCD we have accrued since then. So theoretically we should be on at least 6 by now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The 'Step-Back' is purely related to your Insurer at the time of the accident. It is a marketing tool and does not relate to your 'proper' no-claims bonus.

As for the 3 years/4 years issue is it possibly because 4 complete years have not yet elapsed since the Date of Loss.....it is still 3 weeks away from the 4th Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The 'Step-Back' is purely related to your Insurer at the time of the accident. It is a marketing tool and does not relate to your 'proper' no-claims bonus.

As for the 3 years/4 years issue is it possibly because 4 complete years have not yet elapsed since the Date of Loss.....it is still 3 weeks away from the 4th Sept.

Thanks. I decided to just call them yesterday and they guy on the phone was adamant that I could tell other insurers I have 6 years no claims discount.

Advertisement