Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Driving School - car insurance quotes

• 19-08-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out car insurance for my daughter who is an 18 year old female with full license since January 2019. She is currently a named driver on my car but needs to get her own car for work purposes.

She did the Level one (€499) and Level two (€199) deal with the Aviva Driving School and then passed her test.

I'm wondering is it worth our while doing the Level three (€199) option, as Aviva have said they will give a 20% discount on car insurance for her if we do the level three. The problem is they won't give her a quote at the moment so I don't know what the 20% discount will be.

123.ie have quoted her €3500 and coverinaclick.ie quoted her €3400 and she contacted an independent broker and they quoted €3218. Thats for comprehensive, third party on all of them is about €400 less.

Has anyone out there done the level three with the Aviva driving school and if so is it worth it ?

Thanks, David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My daughter did the same, and tbh I see no point in her getting insurance in her own name until she gets to at least 20. The amount of money involved, even if you have it, is wasted.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coreb_KK

Did your daughter do the Level three ? If so did she get a quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

My son has almost completed level one and will go onto level two now as he hasn't completed all his lessons, so not had his test yet.

I did have a conversation with a former Aviva employee and she said that you must complete a full year (365 days) in order to get a years named driver experience/discount. Makes sense.

Now I'd imagine if you had a normal years insurance as a named driver on a standard policy the named driver experience would be recognized by all other insurers when seeking insurance in his own name or as a named driver.

But what I don't know is if that full years named driver experience with Aviva driving school is only recognized by Aviva.

Anyone complete the full year and what was the experience in this respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coreb_KK

Just an update.

She did the Level 3 with Aviva driving school and passed their assessment at the end.

She has received a quote from Aviva direct of €2023 for comprehensive and €1912 for third party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

My young lad has just turned 18. He's still on our Aviva insurance as a named driver having completed level 1 + 2 and passed his test. Liberty have quoted me 5,400 comp. But they said it would reduce to 2,400 when I get a hold of a letter to say he has completed a full year as a named driver. Still have a couple of months to wait for that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement