Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula feeding in hospital

Options
  • 19-08-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience...

I won't be breastfeeding (medical reasons) so wondering if I need to bring in those disposable premade bottles or are they provided? I will be a c section so will need to bring in a lot for 5 night stay.

My previous baby was a NICU baby and different hospital and all supplied but hoping to go towards term this time so wondering what would be typical on the ward.

I'm in Mayo by the way but experiences from any hoital would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

In Holles Street they provided them, and I would imagine that's the case in all hospitals, might be best to give them a call though just to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

hospital will provide small premade bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Coombe provide them and you can buy a box going home if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Clonmel provided them for me anyway, and gave me a few going home too to get me started

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had mine in Holles St and Rotunda and both provided the little premade bottles and teats. In Holles st the mums went to the midwife station and got bottles as needed, and in The Rotunda they brought them round the wards and would just pop their head in and ask did anyone need any. Double check with your hospital but I'd be very surprised if they made you bring your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hospitals have a duty to feed all patients. No need to bring your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Cumh provide ready made bottles and teats as many as you need and give you some going home to get started . Have a few of the ready made formula in the press at home so handy while you find your feet when you get home

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Yes bottles are provided in mayo general. I had my first there 5 years ago. Also I was only kept 3 nights post section so you might be let home early if your doing well. I'm due no 2 in November and hoping for 3 nights again :)

Advertisement