Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best cabin bag for aer Lingus

• 19-08-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi all

I am on the look out for a new cabin bag as my old one looks shocking and the fabric is starting to come off it.

So my budget is about 70 euros and won't something that fits about 38l plus and has 4 wheels as well.

Any ides?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_36536+T44744_-1

€50 in a range of colours. These wont be allowed as carry on Aer Lingus regional though as they are smaller cabin bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Anything that can be compressed to fit the overhead bin. hard bags will inevitably be sent to the cargo hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Anything that can be compressed to fit the overhead bin. hard bags will inevitably be sent to the cargo hold.

If it can be compressed and the flight is fairly full, you're expected to put it under the seat. Even if you board early and get it in the overhead bin, there's a good chance that cabin crew will extract it to make room for a hard case and you'll be asked to put it under the seat in front of you.

If you don't want your hard bag to go in the hold, get in the boarding queue early. They count the people with hard bags as they board and after the quota of cabin capacity is reached, they confiscate all remaining bags that can't be squashed under seats, tag them and send them to the hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Davy wrote: »
    https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_36536+T44744_-1

€50 in a range of colours. These wont be allowed as carry on Aer Lingus regional though as they are smaller cabin bags.

I was going to suggest the same. Great bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TK Maxx have a good range of cabin baggage, with excellent discounts, defo worth a look imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The best way round Ryanair restrictions is to take a decent sized, but not taking the piss sized backpack if you are going for a long weekend or perhaps a 5 day business trip. They have never stopped me yet! and Aer Lingus are a lot more reasonable in that regard!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kev11491

Inquitus wrote: »
    The best way round Ryanair restrictions is to take a decent sized, but not taking the piss sized backpack if you are going for a long weekend or perhaps a 5 day business trip. They have never stopped me yet! and Aer Lingus are a lot more reasonable in that regard!

I've found the same. I use a gym bag for weekends away and I've yet to be told that its too big by any ryanair gate agent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Kev11491 wrote: »
    I've found the same. I use a gym bag for weekends away and I've yet to be told that its too big by any ryanair gate agent.

Once it fits under the seat it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Ended up getting one on amazon after.

Just under the air lingus size limits and fits 45l of goods.

Hopefully be OK for 5 day hoilday.

Thanks everyone for the help

Advertisement