Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOT/Smarthome ideas

• 19-08-2019 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to see what kind of useful home automation ideas and solutions you have implemented at home. I have Philips hue and Google home as the basis of my setup among with a Nest Thermostat and harmony. Have some automation set up with Hue and motion sensors and the nest but looking to see what other things out automation ideas are out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Surely you need to look at your own home and usage patterns to determine what your automation options are? This forum is full of ideas and discussions about what others have done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looking to see what kind of useful home automation ideas and solutions you have implemented at home. I have Philips hue and Google home as the basis of my setup among with a Nest Thermostat and harmony. Have some automation set up with Hue and motion sensors and the nest but looking to see what other things out automation ideas are out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have my house lights on a sunset/sunrise routine
    Also then have additional routines for bathroom lights to turn at 6a.m for 25mins and main lights in the bedrooms to turn on at 7a.m at full brightness to help with getting up for school.

All then set to be off during sunrise - sunset.

Have set up additional bits in the Mancave to switch on the lights and media when I say "make it so" or "engage".

Similar setup for the garden lighting, led setup controlled via GH.

Nest takes care of the heating and hot water but apart from the auto-learning schedule I haven't really given much thought to location based control for that
    Actually, does anyone know how to get GH to turn on the hot water boost via voice command?

I can't figure that out at all.

My harmony setup is based on the remote only.
    I have the hub, but haven't even powered it on since I upgraded my last harmony remote.

Advertisement