Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps taking up a LOT of space on iphone.

Options
  • 19-08-2019 5:25pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently got a 128gb iPhone XR...so everything is fresh, camera roll got lost on my old phone, so didn't transfer over..

So all i have on it, basically is apps, but it's still taking up over 40gb of space, 40gb of space, just of apps, and i don't have that many on there!

Anyone have any idea on how to reclaim the used space?

Whatsapp is taking up 9gb for example.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

did you restore whatsapp with all media? that may account for 9gb with videos etc...? maybe just add whatsapp but not restore??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eeloe wrote: »

Whatsapp is taking up 9gb for example.

:confused: have you checked the breakdown of the app versus docs & data?
    900MB would make more sense than 9GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Settings > General > iPhone Storage then click on the App in question. You’ll see a breakdown of the space the App itself takes up and it’s Documents & Data.

Facebook used to be notorious for caching ridiculous amounts of data. Doesn’t seem so bad nowadays, but the fix used to be to delete it and re-install from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I don’t know whether it’s right or not but I think every time you update an app, it basically stores previous versions you had. I think if you delete the app and install it from scratch you will get the new update and it will take up less space.

Like I said I don’t know if this is accurate or not. I’m sure someone with more knowledge on the scenario may be able to help.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Deleted and reinstalled WhatsApp and have got those GB back, took the opportunity to clean out my WhatsApp.

But what i’ve noticed now is that ‘other’ is about 12gb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement