Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take Force Majeure leave

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Shelflife wrote: »
    So to summarise with my employer hat on.

Op requested AL to be with their child post surgery. Employers granted this leave and then would have made alternative arrangements to cover their shift ie bring in other staff on the days the OP was off.

Surgery is cancelled last minute and the Op requests not to take their AL, but the employer has sorted out the rota and if he allows the Op to work he will have 2 people in to do the work or else he will have to take a weeks work off the person rostered to replace the Op.

The Op then requested time off again and got it but seems to have neglected to request the actual day of the surgery off and now wants to claim FM for the day off.

Im not sure what the OP expects the employer to do ? he cant read the ops mind. If you need the day of surgery off then go and ask them for it off, dont go down the sick note or FM route and leave them in the lurch , go and talk to your manager.

Id argue the employer act like a human, Its childs surgery. Doing it your way doesnt pay dividends for staff moral. Or frankly that of the person delivering that nonsense message.

It reminds of Dunnes Stores mini micro managers.

Lego heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

listermint wrote: »
    Id argue the employer act like a human, Its childs surgery. Doing it your way doesnt pay dividends for staff moral. Or frankly that of the person delivering that nonsense message.

It reminds of Dunnes Stores mini micro managers.

Lego heads

I agree with you that you need to work with them, but has the employer not given them everything they asked for ?

Advertisement