Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts about Griffeen Glen nowadays?

Options
  • 19-08-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We are looking for a house to buy and could find a few good offers in Griffeen Glen. Some older posts from over 3 years ago didn't mention issues around that area such as antisocial behaviour or burglary.

How is that area today? Anything we should be aware of, security wise?

One of the houses is inside the estate but facing Griffeen Avenue, so I am a bit concerned it's too exposed as there is direct access to the road.

Any tips or considerations are welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Griffeen Glen is fine. Generally the estates in Lucan west of the outer ring road (R136) are pretty decent. There will be a fairly significant percentage of the houses not owner occupied (hard to tell, maybe about 20%), but that's par for the course in a Dublin suburb with houses in this price class (€250k-€400k)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndrePortela

unkel wrote: »
    Griffeen Glen is fine. Generally the estates in Lucan west of the outer ring road (R136) are pretty decent. There will be a fairly significant percentage of the houses not owner occupied (hard to tell, maybe about 20%), but that's par for the course in a Dublin suburb with houses in this price class (€250k-€400k)

I had that feeling while visiting during the day, but was a bit suspicious.

Thanks!

I live on the other side of Griffeen Avenue myself. I'm in Griffeen Glen estate on a daily basis, going to the Centra shop, visiting family, dropping kids to friends, walking the dog towards the park. My kids primary school is in the estate too. All good. I'm here since my house was built over 19 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndrePortela

unkel wrote: »
    I live on the other side of Griffeen Avenue myself. I'm in Griffeen Glen estate on a daily basis, going to the Centra shop, visiting family, dropping kids to friends, walking the dog towards the park. My kids primary school is in the estate too. All good. I'm here since my house was built over 19 years ago.

What about the road, is the noise somewhat constant enough not to bother?

Doesn't bother me. The zebra crossing is dodgy though. Warning lights, warning signs, narrowing of the road, speed bumps. It all made no difference. Never assume that crossing on a zebra is safe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement