If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatability

Options
  • 19-08-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a Huawei Matebook D 14 AMD and have been looking for headphones and settled on these for the price range Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC wireless noise cancelling headphones.While looking for more info on them there was mention of some having trouble marrying with A2DP and Apt-X codec,s which i hav,nt a clue about,i looked at the headphone specs and it shows Apt-codec so would i be good to go,cheers..
    • Impedance: 18 Ω
    • Frequency response: (Microphone) 100 – 10,000 Hz
    • Frequency response: 18 – 22,000 Hz
    • Sound pressure level: (SPL) 113dB (Passive: 1kHz/1Vrms)
    • THD, total harmonic distortion: <0.5% (1kHz/100dB)
    • Pick-up pattern: Dual omnidirectional microphones
    • Battery Specification: Li-ion Polymer Battery
    • Codecs: AptX

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

damon5 wrote: »
    Hi i have a Huawei Matebook D 14 AMD and have been looking for headphones and settled on these for the price range Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC wireless noise cancelling headphones.While looking for more info on them there was mention of some having trouble marrying with A2DP and Apt-X codec,s which i hav,nt a clue about,i looked at the headphone specs and it shows Apt-codec so would i be good to go,cheers..
    • Impedance: 18 Ω
    • Frequency response: (Microphone) 100 – 10,000 Hz
    • Frequency response: 18 – 22,000 Hz
    • Sound pressure level: (SPL) 113dB (Passive: 1kHz/1Vrms)
    • THD, total harmonic distortion: <0.5% (1kHz/100dB)
    • Pick-up pattern: Dual omnidirectional microphones
    • Battery Specification: Li-ion Polymer Battery
    • Codecs: AptX

[*]
    Hi damon5,

I havent heard of any pairing issues that are inherent in the Sennheisers myself. As long as the Matebook has a Bluetooth transmitter you should be good to go. We have connected the Sennheisers to phones and TVs in store with no issues. The AptX is really just a notation for the quality of the streaming, it will stream at a 16-Bit rate (AptX HD will stream at 24-Bit).

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Hi David thanks for your reply,i decided to look for some more info on the internet that others have posted regarding the Sennheiser HD 4.50 and also the Sennheiser 4.40,i was surprized to hear on some reputed review sites that the 4.40 was the prefered option because of it having a much better sound than the 4.50.Also mentioned was that using the noise cancelling feature on the 4.50 takes away some of the quality of music which i feel then doesnt really justify their price  when the 4.40 comes in at half their price.
    From what ive read so far is that the 4.40 and the 4.50 are 99% identicle in all their specs the only differance being that the 4.50 has the noise cancelling feature,another oddity i came across was some posts on the internet mentioning that there has been problems with them connecting to some laptops and pc,s and that they are more suited linking to mobile phones.
    As i will only be listening to music with them at home and not outside or high in the sky then i,m assuming that the noise cancelling option wouldnt be a needed feature,what would your opinion be regarding the 2 models above?
    One last thought i just had which should have been a first was about the size of the over ear cups that others have mentioned are smaller on the sennheissers compared to the larger ones on sonys etc,smaller size would be an issue....

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David thanks for your reply,i decided to look for some more info on the internet that others have posted regarding the Sennheiser HD 4.50 and also the Sennheiser 4.40,i was surprized to hear on some reputed review sites that the 4.40 was the prefered option because of it having a much better sound than the 4.50.Also mentioned was that using the noise cancelling feature on the 4.50 takes away some of the quality of music which i feel then doesnt really justify their price  when the 4.40 comes in at half their price.
    From what ive read so far is that the 4.40 and the 4.50 are 99% identicle in all their specs the only differance being that the 4.50 has the noise cancelling feature,another oddity i came across was some posts on the internet mentioning that there has been problems with them connecting to some laptops and pc,s and that they are more suited linking to mobile phones.
    As i will only be listening to music with them at home and not outside or high in the sky then i,m assuming that the noise cancelling option wouldnt be a needed feature,what would your opinion be regarding the 2 models above?
    One last thought i just had which should have been a first was about the size of the over ear cups that others have mentioned are smaller on the sennheissers compared to the larger ones on sonys etc,smaller size would be an issue....
    Hi damon5,

If you don;t need the noise cancelling function then the HD4.40BT would be just as good! In terms of comfort the headphones are classed as on ear so the cups will sit on the ears, if you're looking for something that will completely encompass the ears I would recommend the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Around Ear Wireless headphones. These are £159.95 but sound incredible.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Strange to see that my reply that i posted today regarding purchacing headphones has disappeared ....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Strange to see that my reply that i posted today regarding purchacing headphones has disappeared ....

Damon,
    To be honest I have not seen your response and we have no mod powers so we cannot remove or modify any third party posts - perhaps if you are concerned give the guys at Boards a shout, else repost and we will do our best to assist.

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Damon,
    To be honest I have not seen your response and we have no mod powers so we cannot remove or modify any third party posts - perhaps if you are concerned give the guys at Boards a shout, else  repost and we will do our best to assist.

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for your reply John i,m not sure what happened,i normaly click on copy before i send a post because if anything goes wrong i can paste in the post again,this was one of those times that i forgot to do that.Another reason being that i have never advanced past being a one finger typist and so its quite laborious as you can imagine,anyway as per Davids recomendation i would like to purchace the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Around Ear Wireless headphones today so if you could let me know asap the Boardsy discount price inc shipping to Dublin and how to proceed that would be appreciated.....

Damon,
    To be honest I have not seen your response and we have no mod powers so we cannot remove or modify any third party posts - perhaps if you are concerned give the guys at Boards a shout, else  repost and we will do our best to assist.

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for your reply John i,m not sure what happened,i normaly click on copy before i send a post because if anything goes wrong i can paste in the post again,this was one of those times that i forgot to do that.Another reason being that i have never advanced past being a one finger typist and so its quite laborious as you can imagine,anyway as per Davids recomendation i would like to purchace the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Around Ear Wireless headphones today so if you could let me know asap the Boardsy discount price inc shipping to Dublin and how to proceed that would be appreciated.....
    Hi Damon,

The best price I would have on those would be £159.95 as they're already discounted however I could include shipping at that price.

If you drop me a PM with my contact number I can give you a call to process that for you.

Kind regards

David

Damon,

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew
    Hi Damon,

The best price I would have on those would be £159.95 as they're already discounted however I could include shipping at that price.

If you drop me a PM with my contact number I can give you a call to process that for you.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David thats grand will PM now

Damon,

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew
    Hi Damon,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers Damon5.

I'll get him to call you ASAP.

Damon,

ATVB
    John Mc & Crew
    Hi Damon,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers Damon5.

I'll get him to call you ASAP.
     I just sent a PM to David with my mobile number and when i clicked on post reply the next page that appeared was just a white screen,will try again.

• Advertisement

Hey Damon5.

I'll see if I can access his PM's and check.

He's currently out on the shopfloor demoing a few items with some customers.

Hey Damon5.

Thanks,i PM,d my number again a few minutes ago....

Hey Damon5.

Thanks,i PM,d my number again a few minutes ago....
    Cheers Damon5.

Hi lads,headphones ordered so eagerly awaiting their arrival,i meant to mention earlier that i,m looking for a reasonably priced pair of small size speakers that i could connect to the Huawei Dolby Atmos sound system on the laptop to boost the sound.Even though the laptop has 4 speakers the sound is not that good at all even listening through the dolby atmos while theres a pretty good sound when using the headphones.The speakers and laptop would be positioned on a small table and the speakers at the rear to the left and right of the laptop about 12 inches away,wondering then with the close proximity of the speakers to the laptop would they need to be a magneticly shielded type? also are there specific speakers as in "dolby atmos speakers" that would give a better sound ,any info appreciated....

Hi lads,headphones ordered so eagerly awaiting their arrival,i meant to mention earlier that i,m looking for a reasonably priced pair of small size speakers that i could connect to the Huawei Dolby Atmos sound system on the laptop to boost the sound.Even though the laptop has 4 speakers the sound is not that good at all even listening through the dolby atmos while theres a pretty good sound when using the headphones.The speakers and laptop would be positioned on a small table and the speakers at the rear to the left and right of the laptop about 12 inches away,wondering then with the close proximity of the speakers to the laptop would they need to be a magneticly shielded type? also are there specific speakers as in "dolby atmos speakers" that would give a better sound ,any info appreciated....
    Hey 'Damon5.

Does the Atmos system that you have just use normal speaker terminals for connecting the speakers or are they a phono connection?
    I can't seem to find any sound system produced by Huawei on their website? Would you know the full model so I can get to see what kind of product it is.

Dolby Atmos is usually at least 5.1.2 to get the correct sound. So it's still not going to sound correct running 4.0.2
    The first number refers to the number of speakers in the normal home cinema setup (fronts, rears, centre etc....)
    The second number refers to the number of subwoofers in use.
    The Third number refers to the number of Atmos speakers in the setup.

Any of the speakers that we would stock would be designed to run with a speaker terminal type and using standard speaker cable.

There are speaker designed for Atmos like the Onkyo SKH410 priced at £99
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200949-onkyo-skh410-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey 'Damon5.

Does the Atmos system that you have just use normal speaker terminals for connecting the speakers or are they a phono connection?
    I can't seem to find any sound system produced by Huawei on their website? Would you know the full model so I can get to see what kind of product it is.

Dolby Atmos is usually at least 5.1.2 to get the correct sound. So it's still not going to sound correct running 4.0.2
    The first number refers to the number of speakers in the normal home cinema setup (fronts, rears, centre etc....)

Any of the speakers that we would stock would be designed to run with a speaker terminal type and using standard speaker cable.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200949-onkyo-skh410-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Hi Kenny this is the one https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/laptops/matebook-d-14-amd/  i was just looking for a couple of speakers to listen to music that would give me a half decent sound utilising the dolby atmoss instead of listening to the inbuilt laptop speakers which must only be a couple of watts each and they practicly have no Bass.The connection on the laptop is just your ordinary type used for headphones so there is no way of using speakers that need a wire connection that i know of but there is a usb2 and usb3,hdmi and usb-c too.I have an Advent hub plugged in to the laptop by usb-c that then gives me another couple of usb,s ( not usb-c )plus a hdmi connection,hope this helps,cheers .....

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi Kenny this is the one https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/laptops/matebook-d-14-amd/  i was just looking for a couple of speakers to listen to music that would give me a half decent sound utilising the dolby atmoss instead of listening to the inbuilt laptop speakers which must only be a couple of watts each and they practicly have no Bass.The connection on the laptop is just your ordinary type used for headphones so there is no way of using speakers that need a wire connection that i know of but there is a usb2 and usb3,hdmi and usb-c too.I have an Advent hub plugged in to the laptop by usb-c that then gives me another couple of usb,s ( not usb-c )plus a hdmi connection,hope this helps,cheers .....
    Hi damon5,

Unfortunatley there would be no way to get Atmos through a pair of speakers from your laptop. You could go for something like the Tibo Plus 2.1 but this will only give you stereo sound. You would need an AV receiver and full Atmos 5.1.2 speakers but this would mainly be for a TV or projector set up.

The link below is for the Tibos:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203547-tibo-plus-2-1-bluetooth-active-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Unfortunatley there would be no way to get Atmos through a pair of speakers from your laptop. You could go for something like the Tibo Plus 2.1 but this will only give you stereo sound. You would need an AV receiver and full Atmos 5.1.2 speakers but this would mainly be for a TV or projector set up.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203547-tibo-plus-2-1-bluetooth-active-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David you have given me a better understanding in your reply,will research more in the future regarding a dolby atmoss system so for now will enjoy listening to dolby atmoss through the headphones,cheers.......

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David you have given me a better understanding in your reply,will research more in the future regarding a dolby atmoss system so for now will enjoy listening to dolby atmoss through the headphones,cheers.......
    Hi Damon5,

The Sennheiser Momentum would be stereo headphones, you wouldn't be able to send a Dolby Atmos signal through them.

Windows does have virtual Doby Atmos software for headphones but you have to pay for it. To get true Dobly Atmos you need an existing surround speaker system with additional Atmos speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration.

Kind regards

David

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Damon5,

The Sennheiser Momentum would be stereo headphones, you wouldn't be able to send a Dolby Atmos signal through them.

Windows does have virtual Doby Atmos software for headphones but you have to pay for it. To get true Dobly Atmos you need an existing surround speaker system with additional Atmos speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration.

Kind regards

David
    HI David,just went onto my laptop to have a look at the dolby atmos and i remember before i had to set up the headphones for dolby atmos and it wasnt for a limited time trial,as far as i can make out on some laptops etc it came preinstalled.There are trailers with the dolby atmos that sound amazing even using my old pair of headphones and they state " 
    Does Dolby Atmos work with all headphones?
    Dolby Atmos rendering works with all headphones. Any set of stereo headphones, including earbuds, that you connect to your Windows 10 PC or Xbox console will give you the full Dolby Atmos effect. Over-the-ear headphones will provide the best listening experience.
    I will leave a link that gives more info .... [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.dolby.com/us/en/apps/access/pc-xbox.html#2[/font]

• Advertisement

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Damon5,

Kind regards

David
    HI David,just went onto my laptop to have a look at the dolby atmos and i remember before i had to set up the headphones for dolby atmos and it wasnt for a limited time trial,as far as i can make out on some laptops etc it came preinstalled.There are trailers with the dolby atmos that sound amazing even using my old pair of headphones and they state " 
    Dolby Atmos rendering works with all headphones. Any set of stereo headphones, including earbuds, that you connect to your Windows 10 PC or Xbox console will give you the full Dolby Atmos effect. Over-the-ear headphones will provide the best listening experience.
    I will leave a link that gives more info .... [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.dolby.com/us/en/apps/access/pc-xbox.html#2[/font]
    Thanks for the link Damon5. That's what I meant, there is software available that will enhance the audio to give virtual Atmos.

Kind regards

David

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the link Damon5. That's what I meant, there is software available that will enhance the audio to give virtual Atmos.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,looking forward to listening to those Momentum headphones even more now : )

Hey 'Damon5.

Hi damon5,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Damon5,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,looking forward to listening to those Momentum headphones even more now : )
    No problem, they're a great set of headphones!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.