Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    It was brought in 2 years ago to stop people from sending abusive messages during WL time.
    Of course EA being who they were forgot about mobile apps which each platform had.
    Bloody tools.
    And bring back chat during rivals.
    We all know why they really removed it was to stop people from collaborating on objectives.
    Miss the crack though.

I think there was also a glitch exploited by some players, something to do with not getting losses or something to that effect.

Not an issue for me anyway. I send abusive messages after the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So i just played a match where Leon Baily is rampaging down the left, possibly in on goal, but then suddenly he starts running like hes in quicksand, out of nowhere, heres Pep at least 20 yards behind, running like Usain Bolt, he gets the ball, hooves it up field, my defenders who are as shocked as i am at his speed, have frozen in a perfect line, while icon Owen is already in behind them, ball drops perfectly to him and he proceeds to score.

I mean f*ck me, we know the game is a complete load of tosh, but jeez sh*t like that really takes the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had the same yesterday only it was IF Otamendi haring up the field on a breakaway.
    In a team of a frontline of Di Maria, Aguero, Vardy and Pepe it’s Otamendi with pace of 59 who counters attack , outruns every other player on the pitch and is on the end for a perfectly placed shot into the net.
    Except...he’s a defender and he misses.

I had the same yesterday only it was IF Otamendi haring up the field on a breakaway.
    In a team of a frontline of Di Maria, Aguero, Vardy and Pepe it’s Otamendi with pace of 59 who counters attack , outruns every other player on the pitch and is on the end for a perfectly placed shot into the net.

Hes not alone, Pique is another, and i have to mention base Joe Gomez, Davinson Sanchez and Nathan Ake, i have found playing against them impossible, they show incredible speed and defensive reactions far beyond their actual ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So i just played a match where Leon Baily is rampaging down the left, possibly in on goal, but then suddenly he starts running like hes in quicksand, out of nowhere, heres Pep at least 20 yards behind, running like Usain Bolt, he gets the ball, hooves it up field, my defenders who are as shocked as i am at his speed, have frozen in a perfect line, while icon Owen is already in behind them, ball drops perfectly to him and he proceeds to score.

I mean f*ck me, we know the game is a complete load of tosh, but jeez sh*t like that really takes the cake

Tbh the one where your centre half, when under AI control (it’s often out of camera), decides to inexplicably run towards your other centre half as if he’s meant to be marking him and not the opposition striker he’s running away from is what always gets me the most. It gives your opponents a free 30 yard runway into which to play a through ball. It literally makes no logical sense for your player to do that unless the point is to favour one team over the other. If you don’t catch it in time and manage to wrestle back control of the player you’re ****ed basically.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Tbh the one where your centre half, when under AI control (it’s often out of camera), decides to inexplicably run towards your other centre half as if he’s meant to be marking him and not the opposition striker he’s running away from is what always gets me the most. It gives your opponents a free 30 yard runway into which to play a through ball. It literally makes no logical sense for your player to do that unless the point is to favour one team over the other.

Do they not collide with each other, and fall in a heap leaving the attacker with a free shot at goal, thats another thing of beauty iv'e seen countless times, i have benefitted to from this and love it, but when its against me, i dont mind admitting, i have got very very close pulling the plug a couple of times

Do they not collide with each other, and fall in a heap leaving the attacker with a free shot at goal, thats another thing of beauty iv'e seen countless times, i have benefitted to from this and love it, but when its against me, i dont mind admitting, i have got very very close pulling the plug a couple of times

Yeah it’s horrific, and you don’t make a mental note of it half as much when it happens in your favour. last night I had one for me where benzema bundled his way through two defenders inexplicably, 8 yards out, the on rushing goalkeeper smothers the shot only for it to take one of those weird bounces where it hops up off benzema and trickles over the goal line while the covering defender is suddenly unable to run to clear it off the line. It was the 89th minute and my opponent disconnected and I honestly didn’t blame him. It really is a joke that we can’t get a fully competitive football game. Keep an arcade mode included if you’re afraid of scaring away your player base but have something for those who play a lot and want more than just pot luck deciding their wins.

Those are hilarious. You press L1 to call for a run but instead of your CM setting off you suddenly notice that it’s your centre half who is haring his way past you. You become very aware that you shouldn’t give up possession cheaply otherwise you’re ****ed on the counter attack.

Another thing is shots off the post, rebound 99% of the time will fall to the attacker, there could be 6 defenders in the box, 1 attacker, the ball will find the attacker.

The thing is i rarely see these things in seasons, only fut, could play seasons all day (i dont by the way) and notice 1 or 2 things, but the majority of the time, season matches run smoothly for me anyway

Another thing is shots off the post, rebound 99% of the time will fall to the attacker, there could be 6 defenders in the box, 1 attacker, the ball will find the attacker.

The thing is i rarely see these things in seasons, only fut, could play seasons all day and notice 1 or 2 things, but the majority of the time, season matches run smoothly for me anyway

I even seen a poster on reddit detail a setup which specifically exploits it. It involves formations with two CAMs and customising formation width etc, but basically you shoot from wide angles and there’s an increased chance the rebound will fall to one of your on running CAMs. Didn’t try it myself but wouldn’t be one bit surprised. It also makes sense why 451 based formations appear so OP at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Oh sweet, just seen Ben yedder got 2 goals, an assist and motm.

Please please let him get a SIF and upgrade my otw

Watched a couple of reviews of sissoko futmas card and I have a bit of FOMO now, I know I don’t really need him with zanetti as cdm and kante second holding cm but I could always leave zanetti rb and play kante cdm and sissoko cm.

Did the loan anyway, will try him out in the morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I even seen a poster on reddit detail a setup which specifically exploits it. It involves formations with two CAMs and customising formation width etc, but basically you shoot from wide angles and there’s an increased chance the rebound will fall to one of your on running CAMs. Didn’t try it myself but wouldn’t be one bit surprised. It also makes sense why 451 based formations appear so OP at times.

Ive scored a lot of goals kind of with this over the last week.

Running Aguero and Ronaldo up front in a 41212.

If either gets a sniff on goal from a 45 degree angle, LB+RB+B, powered up to about three quarters.

The keeper saves it most of the time, but nearly always deflects it out at 45 degrees in the other direction, rather than catch it, usually right to the other striker who is wide open for a free tap in. Like the defenders shut down when I shoot but the other striker is always ready to pounce. It’s dug me out of a few holes.

Could also be that defending players mentally will shut down when a shot is taken from a wide angle, thinking their keeper will save it, while I’m mentally ready for the rebound. But it works anyway.

Had that last night.
    Was 2 up against a average team and then the guy pulls that. Went wide and started taking shots and every bloody shot De Gea spilled and his Vardy was there to tap in from a yard out.
    5-2 he won doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wish I'd stopped playing WL yesterday. Should have known they'd extend it. Probably only going to get to Silver 2 given the losing run I went on which is a pain in the arse, never not got at least Silver 1 before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I was talking about Acuna last night having great stats.

For 12k, that Gedson Fernandes SBC looks great value too. With a basic chem, he's a minimum 80 rated player in literally every position. 80 in all face stats except shooting.

If Benfica beat Shaktar, he's going to get boosted to an 84 and be really, really great.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ive scored a lot of goals kind of with this over the last week.

Running Aguero and Ronaldo up front in a 41212.

If either gets a sniff on goal from a 45 degree angle, LB+RB+B, powered up to about three quarters.

The keeper saves it most of the time, but nearly always deflects it out at 45 degrees in the other direction, rather than catch it, usually right to the other striker who is wide open for a free tap in. Like the defenders shut down when I shoot but the other striker is always ready to pounce. It’s dug me out of a few holes.

Could also be that defending players mentally will shut down when a shot is takenfrom a wide angle, thinking their keeper will save it, while I’m mentally ready for the rebound. But it works anyway.

Yeah is this a thing? As in for a second or so after a shot is taken your defenders can’t perform actions and if they do they’re mistimed. I thought I noticed something similar with low driven crosses, if you don’t time a challenge to block the cross before the ball is actually struck, no matter how far your defender is away from the crosser, and no matter how close the ball passes by him, they won’t always block it out.

The way ye are chatting up all these Liga Nos SBCs I might have to do them. Was only planning on doing Diego Carlos RTTF and leaving the others.

My current team at the moment...

OyVDFbI.png

I'm thinking of switching to this though which would switch ingame to 41212(2) on full chem.
    It would still give me a strong midfield over my other team switching. Di Maria and Pepe wouldn't cut it as CM.
    Scream Otamendi is pretty tasty as well. Definitely an upgrade over his base card.

lHcer5r.png

Tried the loan futmas sissoko, 2 rivals matches and 4 friendlies just so I could keep using him.

Small number of matches to base on but he didn’t blow me away, in my opinion he’s not as good a cdm as kante, not as good a cm as pogba and you couldn’t even think of using him as cam.

As I said, very small number of matches to base it on so others might get more joy out of him but didn’t feel it was worth 320k.

I did however get about 250k from his sbc as all the high rated players I bought the night before to have stocked up if I decide to do Messi were all up 10 to 15k each so just sold them all.

Hearing ferland mendy and Davinson Sanchez today (but I also heard Aguero yesterday and that was wrong so who knows)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Tried the loan futmas sissoko, 2 rivals matches and 4 friendlies just so I could keep using him.

Small number of matches to base on but he didn’t blow me away, in my opinion he’s not as good a cdm as kante, not as good a cm as pogba and you couldn’t even think of using him as cam.

As I said, very small number of matches to base it on so others might get more joy out of him but didn’t feel it was worth 320k.

I did however get about 250k from his sbc as all the high rated players I bought the night before to have stocked up if I decide to do Messi were all up 10 to 15k each so just sold them all.

Hearing ferland mendy and Davinson Sanchez today (but I also heard Aguero yesterday and that was wrong so who knows)

I try his loan as well but only over 2 games and I’d completely agree with what you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lads any idea how you do low driven shots for the Rousillon objective?

Lads any idea how you do low driven shots for the Rousillon objective?

On PS4 you can do it holding l1 and r1 while you shoot. You can just play against a friend and do 15 in one game

My current team at the moment...

OyVDFbI.png

I'm thinking of switching to this though which would switch ingame to 41212(2) on full chem.
    It would still give me a strong midfield over my other team switching. Di Maria and Pepe wouldn't cut it as CM.
    Scream Otamendi is pretty tasty as well. Definitely an upgrade over his base card.

lHcer5r.png

Keep Pep anyway, that man is fast ;)

That Acuna card is something else..had a few games with him last night.
    Here's one review of him. As someone pointed out earlier he's basically an icon in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

On PS4 you can do it holding l1 and r1 while you shoot. You can just play against a friend and do 15 in one game

Ah, nice one. I’ll tackle that later so.

Someone asked me a few days ago about tactics.
    Gonna try these ones tonight.
    I've set my main formation as 41212 and attacking is 41212(2).

41212 (this was an earlier video from September so since the patch apparently the one below is supposed to be better. I do love using wingers though hence why I'm trying this one first)
    With the strong argentinian left presence for SBCs its very easy to switch formations especially now with Acuna who's a LW but is really a CM in game.
    He also has videos for other formations.

41212 (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Online friendlies includes friends does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Online friendlies includes friends does it?

Of course it does ;)

85 ferland mendy, looks pricey-ish but 100% doing that, was exactly what I needed for my team,

• Advertisement

85 ferland mendy, looks pricey-ish but 100% doing that, was exactly what I needed for my team,

And yeah Davinson Sanchez was the other player, leaks correct this time.

Edit: 85 Sanchez about 65k
    85 mendy about 300k.

Sanchez very good for anyone with a prem team as probably the 2nd best centre back behind vvd, well maybe behind scream otamendi too but much cheaper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement