Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mendy looks good, and he would fit in my team, but not sure if he represents a 300k upgrade tbh, will probably pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Packed mendy from the first pack while completing mendy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sold off the last of my 83 stock in my watch list - 20 of Draxler and Gueye, all bought at 1.6-1.8k, sold for 3.2k each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Urgh , only won about 2 games tonight out of about 10.
    Aguero and Vardy have been awful for me. Like they had lead boots.
    5 games left to get 1 win.
    Tomorrow I think

Just played a game there tonight where my opponent got his CB sent off in the opening 15 mins... thought grand, this’ll make the Bundesliga obj for Rousillon a lot easier.

Little did I know how much EA would bend me over... found myself 3-0 down in the next 20 mins. My players felt like they were running in mud, couldn’t pass, defend or shoot. Meanwhile, his were as fast as lightning and Walker couldn’t even keep up. Finished 4-1 to him. I still ended the game with more shots on target than him: 6 vs his 3. :pac:

• Advertisement

Had that for every game last night it was ridiculous. Aguero and Vardy have been awesome for me the past few weeks but first weekend in WL and they can’t run, can’t shoot and Aguero especially every time it came to do a through ball inexplicably passed it back about 30 yards to a defender negating my break so many times.
    This weekend is the first time where I come close to playing all 30 games ever and out of 25 games so far I’ve only won 10.
    Bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Finished 17-11 last night, the amount of red cards I'm getting is obscene, almost one every game - some of them are cracking tackles but yet the red comes out.

Gifted the last two games, one dude ssssh'd me after I scored an own goal, the other guy sent a thankyou message.

Still loving 85 Crespo. 204 goals in 180 games is a return I have never had before.

Anyone do Davinson Sanchez sbc??

Thinking of whacking him into club to have as a first owner prem cb.

They’ve been really clever in not revealing the icon swaps until futmas is over because I keep doing the cheaper sbc’s thinking “ah sure I’ll have him from liga nos etc”

So far I’ve done
    Futmas Cavani (dirt cheap)
    Futmas modric (I’m gradually moving to a la liga team, he helps if I get Messi)
    Futmas acuna (looks class and dirt cheap)
    Futmas mendy (fits my team perfectly)
    Rttf Forrest (I’m almost certain we’ll get a spl objective next and I like the rttf cards for added interest to Europa League matches)
    Rttf gedson Fernandez (dirt cheap and rttf)
    Rttf bolaise (looks good, cheap and rttf)
    Rttf Diego Carlos (fomo, could be one of best cbs in game if Sevilla win Europa League, imagine him and rttf militao together if Real won champions league)
    Futmas Guedes (lack of lw options in la liga and Portugal)
    Futmas de gea (a united fan and he was cheap)

Also got the following through objectives
    Futmas Roussillon
    Futmas gbamin
    Futmas Thiago mendes
    Futmas delph
    Futmas cazorla

Granted I woulda done some of these anyway but a lot is geared towards having players for objectives, so next time someone says we get “free” icons, im’a smack them :D

Finally got my last win to give me 11 wins total.
    My worst ever win ratio in WL.
    Switched to 442 and left everything at default.
    Worked a treat. Won 3-0 but it was 1-0 upto 70 mins and tight until one of my players beautifully trapped the ball right area of the penalty box, Brought it down , dribbled around their defender and blasted it past the keeper. Was thinking it looked like Vardy but that ****er can’t ball control or dribble and I thought I had subbed him out.

Pic comes up on the halfway line.
    Goddamn IF Otamendi :), you can’t make this **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Started 7-2, best start ever by a long margin... finished silver 1 :rolleyes: The new lag compensation thing they've put in this year is awful, and clearly I was ****e too to lose that many on the bounce. That's enough fifa until the new year anyway.

• Advertisement

Apparently Joao felix and Lozano are the 2 players today, kinda stupid to give 2 otw players special cards just because they haven’t got any upgrades yet.
    I don’t mean their otw cards will get upgrades, they won’t, just that there was so many other players to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finished 10 wins 20 losses, not even funny anymore, losing to base player teams set up this month, funnily enough, where players like Troy Deeney and Divock Origi are making Hummels and Sule look rubbish, while keepers like Kepa and some guy called Gulli or Rulli are making worldie saves, flying across the goal like superman

Liamalone wrote: »
    Finished 17-11 last night, the amount of red cards I'm getting is obscene, almost one every game - some of them are cracking tackles but yet the red comes out.

Posted about this a couple of weeks ago, every tackle was a red, haven't had a red card since so i guess they had toned it down

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Anyone do Davinson Sanchez sbc??

Thinking of whacking him into club to have as a first owner prem cb.

They’ve been really clever in not revealing the icon swaps until futmas is over because I keep doing the cheaper sbc’s thinking “ah sure I’ll have him from liga nos etc”

So far I’ve done
    Futmas Cavani (dirt cheap)
    Futmas modric (I’m gradually moving to a la liga team, he helps if I get Messi)
    Futmas acuna (looks class and dirt cheap)
    Futmas mendy (fits my team perfectly)
    Rttf Forrest (I’m almost certain we’ll get a spl objective next and I like the rttf cards for added interest to Europa League matches)
    Rttf gedson Fernandez (dirt cheap and rttf)
    Rttf bolaise (looks good, cheap and rttf)
    Rttf Diego Carlos (fomo, could be one of best cbs in game if Sevilla win Europa League, imagine him and rttf militao together if Real won champions league)
    Futmas Guedes (lack of lw options in la liga and Portugal)
    Futmas de gea (a united fan and he was cheap)

Also got the following through objectives
    Futmas Roussillon
    Futmas gbamin
    Futmas Thiago mendes
    Futmas delph
    Futmas cazorla

Granted I woulda done some of these anyway but a lot is geared towards having players for objectives, so next time someone says we get “free” icons, im’a smack them :D

Smack me because I haven't done a single sbc thinking of first owner objective.

I do dirt cheap sbc to burn these cards into sbcs for players I want to play with, not the ones I will have to play few games with to get free Icon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Apparently Joao felix and Lozano are the 2 players today, kinda stupid to give 2 otw players special cards just because they haven’t got any upgrades yet.
    I don’t mean their otw cards will get upgrades, they won’t, just that there was so many other players to choose from

Have to keep mopping up all those mid-rated cards from the market though. Plenty of people will do those two.

wonski wrote: »
    Smack me because I haven't done a single sbc thinking of first owner objective.

I do dirt cheap sbc to burn these cards into sbcs for players I want to play with, not the ones I will have to play few games with to get free Icon ;)

Haha nah I was just taking the piss out of people who say icons are free this year.
    Free means they magically appear in your team without you doing anything.

These have to be grinded for and in my case I’m doing certain sbc’s to hopefully make the grind a little easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

any word on when icon swaps are due out and has there been any leaks of what to expect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

13-11

6 games to go. Should grab the one win easily. Not sure about 4 though. Dare to dream though.

Loving having Monday too though. Really reduced the stress.

Blazer wrote: »
    Finally got my last win to give me 11 wins total.
    My worst ever win ratio in WL.
    Switched to 442 and left everything at default.
    Worked a treat. Won 3-0 but it was 1-0 upto 70 mins and tight until one of my players beautifully trapped the ball right area of the penalty box, Brought it down , dribbled around their defender and blasted it past the keeper. Was thinking it looked like Vardy but that ****er can’t ball control or dribble and I thought I had subbed him out.

Pic comes up on the halfway line.
    Goddamn IF Otamendi :), you can’t make this **** up.

I smashed the crossbar from 30 yards out with regular gold Umtitti :pac:

seamie78 wrote: »
    any word on when icon swaps are due out and has there been any leaks of what to expect

They said they’d give details on the players we can choose from on Thursday dec 26th.
    I initially thought that would mean the objectives would start Friday 27th but there’d only be 2 weeks left in this season (short seasonal season) so I’d say it could be Friday Jan 10th when new season starts that the icon swaps start alongside it.

That’s all just my guessing though, only thing they confirmed is we’d get info on 26th.

• Advertisement

They said they’d give details on the players we can choose from on Thursday dec 26th.
    I initially thought that would mean the objectives would start Friday 27th but there’d only be 2 weeks left in this season (short seasonal season) so I’d say it could be Friday Jan 10th when new season starts that the icon swaps start alongside it.

That’s all just my guessing though, only thing they confirmed is we’d get info on 26th.

Wish they’d hurry up. I’ve 600k to spend on an icon striker and no point doing it now since they could offer one I pick.
    Except MVB :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Two days ago on Reddit, someone noticed that most of the primes didn’t have their pictures showing up properly on the app. The only ones that did were the ones which had been in the first batch of Icon Swaps....and a few others.

Prime Barnes, Nakata, Gattsuo, Zambrotta and Campbell all had their picture in too though which had people wondering if they were the next batch of Icon Swap prime cards.

Screw it. Mid Zola popped up for 570k so snapped him up.
    Loved him last year so can’t wait to see what he’ll do this year.

Who or what is the bloody challenge that requires crossing the ball to score, every f'n time, sprint down the wing, run to edge of 6 yard box, and over it goes, this game really is absolute dog turd

Who or what is the bloody challenge that requires crossing the ball to score, every f'n time, sprint down the wing, run to edge of 6 yard box, and over it goes, this game really is absolute dog turd

Rousillon’s one isn’t it?

Blazer wrote: »
    Rousillon’s one isn’t it?

Is it?, i have his loan, hes no better then his base card, i have that to

Really debating whether or not to do Futmas Mendy, currently using Alba there. I have little to no high rated fodder but have about 650k. Anyone use him yet?

Really debating whether or not to do Futmas Mendy, currently using Alba there. I have little to no high rated fodder but have about 650k. Anyone use him yet?

Yeah I got him, he’s class.
    Can’t believe they gave him a +5 upgrade.

Go for it, you’re pretty much sorted on your left back position until Tots at least!

I haven't but iv'e played against him and he's good, can stretch his leg about 5 yards to intercept passes

• Advertisement

Yeah I got him, he’s class.
    Can’t believe they gave him a +5 upgrade.

Go for it, you’re pretty much sorted on your left back position until Tots at least!

I haven't but iv'e played against him and he's good, can stretch his leg about 5 yards to intercept passes

Cheers lads, decided to do it and completed the 85 rated squad first. Was struggling with the La Liga portion so opened the reward from 85 rated portion...... UCL Mbappe pops up on phone screen. Sweet.

That'll cover the cost I think lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement