Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

The input delay this past weekend was among the worst I have ever experienced. Pathetic really to still have this issue so prevalent half way into FIFA 20 after being around for FIFA 19 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Liamalone wrote: »
    Cheers lads, decided to do it and completed the 85 rated squad first. Was struggling with the La Liga portion so opened the reward from 85 rated portion...... UCL Mbappe pops up on phone screen. Sweet.

That'll cover the cost I think lol

Happy feckin days :)

The input delay this past weekend was among the worst I have ever experienced. Pathetic really to still have this issue so prevalent half way into FIFA 20 after being around for FIFA 19 also.

It’s absolutely chronic, what’s the point in getting these icons, Futmas players etc when you can’t even do the basics with them like pass or shoot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

16-14. Just couldn’t quite get over the line.

Have to say as well, I don’t feel any faith in that DDG to bail me out like Ter Stegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Are they just trying to give everyone a Liga Nos/Portugal special team?

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Are they just trying to give everyone a Liga Nos/Portugal special team?

:D

Well at an 83 squad they can sign me up for that sanches one, Lozano only an 83 squad too but I already have politano rm for serie a and corona rttf from Mexico so will probably leave that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really wonder why I bother with this game. Playing WL earlier and the guy had 11 Turkish players, nobody over 78 rated and 6* silvers in his team. I go 1-0 up and of course his team turns into a team of icons. His 56 Pace rated CB making up 5 or 6 yards on Vardy to tackle him, his keeper making ridiculous save after ridiculous save and eventually his RB smashing one in from 25 yards on his left foot. Got the win in the end by fcking hell that kinda stuff really takes the enjoyment out of the game.

Had one game left then so scored an OG straight from KO to gift him the game and he does full into the crowd celebration, replays and tifo. :rolleyes:

Frisbee wrote: »

Had one game left then so scored an OG straight from KO to gift him the game and he does full into the crowd celebration, replays and tifo. :rolleyes:

That is when you go full try-hard mode and do all you can to beat them. Then you use your remaining pauses right at the death to send him a message explaining the series of events which has lead to his beating.

And, of course, you **** his mother.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mid Zola is tasty out. Of course rivals feels a lot smoother than the crapfest this weekend.
    And of course as soon as I buy him a flood hit the market and drive his price down to 550k...ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    That is when you go full try-hard mode and do all you can to beat them. Then you use your remaining pauses right at the death to send him a message explaining the series of events which has lead to his beating.

And, of course, you **** his mother.

:pac:

Or just quit and hake my head in sadness. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Started off having my worst weekend of the year going 8-8 over Fri/Sat, I've since gone 12-1 to clinch Gold 1 with a game to spare :p

Started off having my worst weekend of the year going 8-8 over Fri/Sat, I've since gone 12-1 to clinch Gold 1 with a game to spare :p

Worst weekend of the year?? Sorry who was it who got CR7 hehe and who will probably get R9 on Thursday too with your luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    Yeah I got him, he’s class. Can’t believe they gave him a +5 upgrade.
    Hogey007 wrote:
    Go for it, you’re pretty much sorted on your left back position until Tots at least!

I need to stop reading posts during futmas. Wasn't going to do mendy. But I was rocking his gold card in my team beside Varane.

Read your post and said **** it why not. Ensue panic at 17:50 to get the 3 teams submitted. I must of had only seconds left as I just completed it at 17:59.

Hope he was worth the panic ha ha

Currently rocking this team. Think my next aim is to upgrade Firmino to Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    I need to stop reading posts during futmas. Wasn't going to do mendy. But I was rocking his gold card in my team beside Varane.

Read your post and said **** it why not. Ensue panic at 17:50 to get the 3 teams submitted. I must of had only seconds left as I just completed it at 17:59.

Hope he was worth the panic ha ha

That must've been some tight going to get it done in that timeframe lol, unless you had an ample supply of fodder.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Currently rocking this team. Think my next aim is to upgrade Firmino to Son.

Great looking team :)

And thank Christ, when I started reading your other post I thought you were going to say you got 2 out of 3 completed and missed the 3rd.
    That woulda took away my good karma after helping convince Liam to do it earlier and then he packed mbappe from it :D

Ps. There’s a futmas Gabriel Jesus tomorrow I think, if he’s not too expensive he could fit your team nicely :)

Liamalone wrote:
    That must've been some tight going to get it done in that timeframe lol, unless you had an ample supply of fodder.

Hogey007 wrote:
    And thank Christ, when I started reading your other post I thought you were going to say you got 2 out of 3 completed and missed the 3rd. That woulda took away my good karma after helping convince Liam to do it earlier and then he packed mbappe from it

I won't lie I was under serious pressure. Had to buy two high rated players to get it done but luckily had a lot of high rated untradables. I don't know how scream ozil still managed to escape the cull. I'll throw him into the next one I think. I was sure I was running out of time.

Unfortunately nothing of note in packs. Will have to have a look a jesus if he's up next. Vardys doing a solid job at the moment tho.

Three teams left for Battaglia.

Its bad enough some of the silvers are 10k.

But OS Belenenses requries multiple players that are straight up extinct right now :/

That Renata card is tasty. He’s pretty good in midfield. I’m about 300k off CR7, I’d be tempted to get him and pair them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Playing draft today, first one - prime Zidane, what a card but I’m ****, so got knocked out at the second round. Still unreal player though, bullies people off the ball and is surprisingly rapid too.

Second draft, 41212 wide with prime Crespo and TOTYN Mbappe up top and the rest semi-decent with TOTGS Koulibaly on 3 chem... unreal. Prime Crespo is as good as I remember in 17 when I last used him. Into the final atm, destroying people. Might go 41212 with my main squad and see how I get along.... and maybe try aim for Prime Crespo.

• Advertisement

I’m playing draft earlier, 3 down after 15 mins, yer man is making bits of me so I said I’d quit as have stuff to do.
    Just as I tip off I pause to quit, pass over to rid mid to kick out of play, yer man flies in as I’m about to kick it out, takes the ball, down field quick, 4-0.

Proceeds to run back to halfway line, shushing and watches full replay.

I said fine, instead of quitting I’ll put an elastic band around the thumb controls on ps4 controller and leave him to it.

Come back from shop 12-15 mins later and game is still on! He’s 12-0 but has 2 men sent off :D

I watch for a minute as he hunts down my defender who’s just running back towards goal and he hacks him down! He’s frustrated as ****!

He scores again and does the full field celebration so I’m guessing he did that every time thinking I was watching.

Watch for another few seconds as he again chases my player down like a demented lunatic!

Left him to it again :)

Lost my last 5 in a row in rivals :pac: I’ll dominate games, not give my opponent a single shot in the first-half and then he comes back and scores two with his first two shots - my players then turn to absolute **** and can’t pass or shoot. That’s my luck at the moment.

Down to <1000 SR in rivals now. Nothing working for me at all... so frustrating. Trying to do objectives as well, which is impossible as I can’t win a bloody game :pac:

Apparently there’s a mid icon sbc coming.
    Probably cost at least 600k.

Going to mess around with this for a bit. Want to see if the NOS players live up to their stats. Renato looks good, but I think is probably just more of what I'd have, so will probably skip him.

6ibzJYo.png

Blazer wrote: »
    Apparently there’s a mid icon sbc coming.
    Probably cost at least 600k.

I don’t think this will happen for a few weeks, there was a mid icon pack added to code but I’d say that’s just part of icon swap, like how they added a baby icon pack to code before icon swap one and then you could redeem your tokens for it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Going to mess around with this for a bit. Want to see if the NOS players live up to their stats. Renato looks good, but I think is probably just more of what I'd have, so will probably skip him.

6ibzJYo.png

Renato is damn good. Damn damn good.
    I’d snap him up if I was you.
    Even as a sub he himself and Acuna completely change the game for me when I bring them on.

Just seen this tweet from a few days ago, apparently we will be getting 6 icon swaps tokens for this short season, there’ll only be 14 days in this season when they announce this so this could be an absolute sweat fest!!

Hopefully though they’ll take into account the short time, and try reel in the new influx of casuals who get fifa for Christmas by making these objectives very easy

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1208089398518206464?s=21

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just seen this tweet from a few days ago, apparently we will be getting 6 icon swaps tokens for this short season, there’ll only be 14 days in this season when they announce this so this could be an absolute sweat fest!!

Hopefully though they’ll take into account the short time, and try reel in the new influx of casuals who get fifa for Christmas by making these objectives very easy

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1208089398518206464?s=21

Short season icon swaps objectives can only mean one thing - squad battles :(

Unless they make it ridiculously simple and don’t require wins and only games played or goals scored with first owner players or something but doubtful given most Xmas players won’t have enough first owned cards.

Still pondering what to do about Renato Sanches :/ He could potentially make it easier to make an Acuna & Bolaise team but not sure if he’s actually a good player compared to other 84-86 options and could be a waste of coins.

And just on Bolaise; what a leap. It’s like EA watched Ronaldo’s header last weekend and thought they’d give it to a random SBC.

On gameplay; have they changed anything recently? Spent so much time doing random objectives the last week or so with random players I had just figured it was different players I wasn’t used to causing the change. But last night with my actual team it was back to every finesse shot hits the post, passing is a bit wonky unless you’re spot on with weight & direction, and corners were oddly easy to score.

Oh ****, 6 swaps this season? Not looking forward to that at all :pac: might as well relegate myself for that cos no chance am I going to be able to get those if it’s rival wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Oh ****, 6 swaps this season? Not looking forward to that at all :pac: might as well relegate myself for that cos no chance am I going to be able to get those if it’s rival wins.

Everyone else has, Div 8 is full of Div 4 players.
    Played against a front 3 of CR7, what looked like prime Gullit and Eusebio, the only normal card was VVD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement