Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I suppose it makes sense releasing the second set of swaps after Christmas day since people may be getting the game for Christmas. Was there any leaks on who is getting released this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

blaa85 wrote: »
    I suppose it makes sense releasing the second set of swaps after Christmas day since people may be getting the game for Christmas. Was there any leaks on who is getting released this evening?

Heard Vidal mentioned and ea already leaked an image of Futmas Gabriel Jesus on the loading screen so that should come today unless they pulled it after their mess up.

And yeah, if ea are smart, and they usually are when it comes to these, they’ll make these 6 so easy to get, to reel in the newbies.
    They’ll all be in touching distance of an icon, season 4 drops, and all the first owner objectives and what do you think the majority will do? Buy packs because they’re so close to an icon.

And making these 6 easy would also buy them a bit of goodwill with the regular players. Win:win for ea.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Does anyone have any idea how to complete the score two goals with a flair shot objective?
    I've been trying to score using the flair shot with players with the flair trait, but can't get them to perform an actual flair shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    And yeah, if ea are smart, and they usually are when it comes to these, they’ll make these 6 so easy to get, to reel in the newbies.
    They’ll all be in touching distance of an icon, season 4 drops, and all the first owner objectives and what do you think the majority will do? Buy packs because they’re so close to an icon.

And making these 6 easy would also buy them a bit of goodwill with the regular players. Win:win for ea.

Of course knowing EA it could go either way.
    Make it hard and force the newbies into buying packs for xmas in the hopes of getting an icon and **** the rest of us.

• Advertisement

One of the strangest things I’ve seen in fifa! So funny though.

May learn how to set “last man back” in custom tactics :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/eez8o2/you_would_think_thats_a_guaranteed_goal_after/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Heard Vidal mentioned and ea already leaked an image of Futmas Gabriel Jesus on the loading screen so that should come today unless they pulled it after their mess up.

Seen there now it should be Vidal and shaqiri.
    Not sure what they’re doing with the Futmas Jesus they leaked themselves so.

R00ster wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how to complete the score two goals with a flair shot objective?
    I've been trying to score using the flair shot with players with the flair trait, but can't get them to perform an actual flair shot.

I couldn’t get this either, looked it up on reddit and it was suggested to flick the ball up (r3 on PS4) and when ball is in air hold l2 and shoot.

Think it worked for me, I got about 12 goals in that game including 3 or 4 like that and the objective was completed.

Just play a 65/70 rated team in squad battles on semi pro and you should have loads of time in box to flick ball up and shoot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5 losses on the bounce tonight to the exact same "Deep and narrow, with loan Zidane" tactics tonight.

Looking at the predictions for the IFs this week, and just realising it's time to take another extended break again, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    5 losses on the bounce tonight to the exact same "Deep and narrow, with loan Zidane" tactics tonight.

It's in your head. The chance of coming up against 2 players with the same tactics is massive, never mind the same tactics 5 times. Perhaps you need to change your own formation and approach play to get results? Banging the same drum doesn't seem to be working, so change it up until you find your style that gets you results. Or something you enjoy at the very least.

• Advertisement

One of the strangest things I’ve seen in fifa! So funny though.

May learn how to set “last man back” in custom tactics :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/eez8o2/you_would_think_thats_a_guaranteed_goal_after/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

apparently If you switch your keeper and a game during the pause menu a big means the keeper keeps the jersey and gloves on while your outfield player who is now the keeper still has the normal jersey on.
    Definitely have to try and replicate that :)

Base icon sbc back haha.

Also an 83+ Player (requires an 82 squad)

And a 83-88 player sbc, just requires 11 gold.

Futmas Vidal 86 rated requires 84 squad

And Futmas shaqiri 84 rated requires an 82 squad.

84 rated squad for 86 Vidal and 82 rated squad for 84 Shaqiri.

Also 82-88 upgrades and 83+ guaranteed players lol.

Blazer wrote: »
    84 rated squad for 86 Vidal and 82 rated squad for 84 Shaqiri.

Also 82-88 upgrades and 83+ guaranteed players lol.

I’ll probably do that Vidal, I’m really gearing towards a la liga team and he looks good with a shadow chem.

Tried one 83+, got tadic, watch osmosis come in now with a clip of him packing gullit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Haven't played since the start of November as I got bored of it but been keeping an eye on the sbcs.

Going to do both of today's ones. I'll use shaqiri with a sniper as my cam until a better special firmino than his toty nominee comes out and sub vidal on as my cdm as his card looks insane for 70k.

Thinking of selling my mid Barnes in case the he's one of the icons available in the rumored shorter icon swaps but then again he mightn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Vidal looks serious! I’m going to try him.
    His in game stats aren’t far off the prime icons

Also I’ve to add that Acuna is brilliant the best sub I’ve had and I’m doing my best to get into the side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Those SBCs are the most hilarious attempt at getting everyone to absolutely rinse their clubs right before the "First Owner" objectives come back into play....

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Thinking of selling my mid Barnes in case the he's one of the icons available in the rumored shorter icon swaps but then again he mightn't be.

If this leak is to be believed, prime Barnes is in next one

And my understanding is that you wouldn’t get any of them for 6, the 6 will just be added to the 12 available in season 4 and 12 available in season 5 and we can then use those to get whatever combinations we can, for example prime Barnes could be 19 tokens and you could get someone else for 11 etc?

https://twitter.com/_costafifa/status/1209249765407576064?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

I couldn’t get this either, looked it up on reddit and it was suggested to flick the ball up (r3 on PS4) and when ball is in air hold l2 and shoot.

Think it worked for me, I got about 12 goals in that game including 3 or 4 like that and the objective was completed.

Just play a 65/70 rated team in squad battles on semi pro and you should have loads of time in box to flick ball up and shoot.

Cheers, got it. Playing against semi pro made all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Might do that Vidal alright if I get time later. Trying to create a decent fitness La Liga XI and he'd be an ideal candidate with a chem style slapped on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I’ll probably do that Vidal, I’m really gearing towards a la liga team and he looks good with a shadow chem.

Tried one 83+, got tadic, watch osmosis come in now with a clip of him packing gullit!

Did the 83 and got Tadic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

And my understanding is that you wouldn’t get any of them for 6, the 6 will just be added to the 12 available in season 4 and 12 available in season 5 and we can then use those to get whatever combinations we can, for example prime Barnes could be 19 tokens and you could get someone else for 11 etc?

Ah that makes more sense. Still would prefer if they threw that lot out for 6 tokens since at this stage there's better cards than all of them and it would free up more space for the next batch to have better icons.

Still wouldn't complain if I was able to get a prime Barnes and base Socrates together although it'll be February before I get them.

In Division 6 trying to do the crossing part for the objective player and I'm coming up against totw mbappes and potm messis. Futmas Shaqiri will need a Christmas miracle to keep up :pac:

Happy Xmas all, may all your packs have only top rated players in them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Happy Christmas lads. Hope Santi Cazorla came to you all.

Lads it’s a Christmas miracle!!! I packed my first ever icon :)
    Got €20 on ps store for xmas so bought the 100k pack and got this

Hope yis all have a great Christmas and a bit of pack luck too :)

639-B99-AF-9-EB8-4-E86-A090-62-E4-C26-EE94-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I may have just played the game that has finally broke me, my opponent obviously only set his team up yesterday or today, 65-75 players v my 86ovr team, he had a 67ovr CB who was just a Rock, i couldnt get past him, Werner, Reus, Bellerabi, all couldnt get past him, and when i did, i was met with a 59ovr bronze keeper who was just incredible, i managed to sneak it 1-0 with a 91st minute goal from Vardy on 3 chem :)

EA, you really and truly are great, happy christmas

Gameplay is ****in awful this morning.
    This new lag compensation they’ve implemented needs to be removed ASAP.
    I’m sick of button delay, watching my players needing nearly a second after I push the button to take a shot or pass while my opponents literally have lightning reflexes and every pass regardless of passion ability finds their players while my players basically fall over the ball when they try and pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Blazer wrote: »
    Gameplay is ****in awful this morning.
    This new lag compensation they’ve implemented needs to be removed ASAP.
    I’m sick of button delay, watching my players needing nearly a second after I push the button to take a shot or pass while my opponents literally have lightning reflexes and every pass regardless of passion ability finds their players while my players basically fall over the ball when they try and pass it.

The lag in seasons is brutal as well today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

****in objectives will drive me insane. Cant get a win never mind scoring a finesse shot with a Ligue 1 player. Ben Yedder gets pushed off too easily :pac: changing up my squad now, cba going for it anymore. Gonna fit Kent into a squad and give him a try

• Advertisement

Stacked totw for anyone getting red picks.

I won’t be but I got my Ben yedder otw upgrade :)

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1209851294908682240?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement