Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was out yesterday so only seeing the pool of players now.
    Very very underwhelming.
    Also means we won’t be able to get a prime vieira or dinho unless you buy from market.

Dinho is currently extinct at 9.5 mil, last year you could do his sbc for about 2.5 but hey it was good of ea “tO mAke IcONs mOrE aCcESsiBlE”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Was out yesterday so only seeing the pool of players now.
    Very very underwhelming.
    Also means we won’t be able to get a prime vieira or dinho unless you buy from market.

Dinho is currently extinct at 9.5 mil, last year you could do his sbc for about 2.5 but hey it was good of ea “tO mAke IcONs mOrE aCcESsiBlE”

On the plus side CR7 is only 800k this year.
    It’s been at least 5 years since he was that cheap.
    Might as well enjoy him while he’s still left in the game.
    Because when he’s an icon he’s definitely gonna be the most expensive ever.
    I can see what they’re trying to do. Make lower tier icons accessible to newer people while blocking out the whole trading and grinding sbc for the lifers. But again we all know EA really went this way for profits. More people buying packs.

Blazer wrote: »
    On the plus side CR7 is only 800k this year.
    It’s been at least 5 years since he was that cheap.
    Might as well enjoy him while he’s still left in the game.
    Because when he’s an icon he’s definitely gonna be the most expensive ever.
    I can see what they’re trying to do. Make lower tier icons accessible to newer people while blocking out the whole trading and grinding sbc for the lifers. But again we all know EA really went this way for profits. More people buying packs.

Yeah they’re just using it to control the market.
    I just thought they would at least make it a little worthwhile, like the best icon in each batch being worth the grind.
    The vast majority in icon swap 1 and 2 wouldn’t even get in my team now and it’s only December.

At a quick glance I’ll probably aim for Essien.
    That will leave me with zanetti and Essien going into icon swap 3, hardly anything to get overly excited about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Took the plunge for Ronaldo...Christ you can really feel the difference between him and any other striker.
    There’s definitely no other striker at that price range who comes close to him.

I yanked him from my squad and tried selling him to get coins for Messi, but being honest, I've put him back in now. I was struggling this morning because last weekend, I was so used to Ronnie pulling goals out of absolutely no where, it's become a crutch.

I've got him and Aguero up front, and the two just score for fun.

Really need to figure out a better way to get him hybrided into the team. Cause he's just so far on another level, it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah tbh, **** icon swaps. Icon SBCs were a million times better, even if they took forever to release some of them. The calibre of icons I had this time last year were miles better than what’s on offer so far. Having the two choices side-by-side wouldn’t be half bad either, giving players the option of going for swaps or doing the SBC.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I yanked him from my squad and tried selling him to get coins for Messi, but being honest, I've put him back in now. I was struggling this morning because last weekend, I was so used to Ronnie pulling goals out of absolutely no where, it's become a crutch.

I've got him and Aguero up front, and the two just score for fun.

Really need to figure out a better way to get him hybrided into the team. Cause he's just so far on another level, it's unreal.

Yep I’m using Dybala and CR7 up front , Di Maria is beside Dybala so full chem for both and Politano beside CR7 who gets 10 chem. Politano only gets 7 or 8 as I’ve Walker at RB.
    CR7 is crazy though, he’s basically a cheat code. He’s 10 goals in 5 games for me in WL and I won 4 out of 5 so a great start for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah if there wasn't Barnes or Socrates in this batch I don't think I'd want any of them. I was in favor of the idea when it was first talked about but the caliber of icons in batch 2 hasn't scaled with the rest of the squads.

Needing to wait until mid January/early February to unlock nakata is insane since he's already well below par.

Probably a stupid question but if I redeem my 2000 points for wl will I be able to play now or wait until next weekend. Haven't played wl since the 3rd or 4th week so forgot how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Icon Swaps just isn't good value for time, you need to win 31 games to get 6 tokens, so that's 124 wins in World Class Squad Battles and Rivals with weakened teams for all 24 tokens. Only 4 of the 23 Icons available are even worth over 1m, and I'm sure even fewer will be by the time you can actually redeem them.

Gyan84 wrote: »

Probably a stupid question but if I redeem my 2000 points for wl will I be able to play now or wait until next weekend. Haven't played wl since the 3rd or 4th week so forgot how it works.

Once you redeem before Saturday morning you can still get in on this weekend.

Won 4 out of 5 for my first games in WL so it decided to put me in with the big boys.
    First up a guy with similar team to mine hit he has Mbappe at CAM etc and CR7.
    He absolutely tore me to pieces. Hammered me 10-2 and I couldn’t complain about the result , no lag no player switching etc no scripting etc.
    I only got the 2 goals when he was 8-0 up.
    It’s been years since I’ve been hammered like that.
    Next guy beats me 4-0 so it’s big boys 2 Airblazer crying in the corner.

Won 4 out of 5 for my first games in WL so it decided to put me in with the big boys.
    First up a guy with similar team to mine hit he has Mbappe at CAM etc and CR7.
    He absolutely tore me to pieces. Hammered me 10-2 and I couldn’t complain about the result , no lag no player switching etc no scripting etc.
    I only got the 2 goals when he was 8-0 up.
    It’s been years since I’ve been hammered like that.
    Next guy beats me 4-0 so it’s big boys 2 Airblazer crying in the corner.

I played a guy with totyn Neymar, totyn cr7, potm Messi, prime Pelé, prime rio.

Beat him 7-6 :D

It was a really good game

• Advertisement

First game of wl 2-2 in the 80th, I standing tackle his sane with rttf Mbabu but he walks right through it and hits a chip shot with 0 power that my alisson slides under :mad:

He gets the ball straight from my kick off and I tackle him 3 times but he still keeps it and time runs out. I remember why I stopped now :pac:

On the bright side really enjoying scream milner. Definitely prefer him over storyline tolisso.

Icon Swaps just isn't good value for time,

The counter point is that many people are already investing that time anyway. Without Icon Swaps and other objectives, I'd probably still be playing Rivals anyway. Only now I'm encouraged to try different teams and tactics, and get slightly better rewards playing.

I'll probably ignore the Squad Battle ones personally, but I've got my eye on that Socrates card, and the fact I can do him via playing games I'd already have been playing is fun.

Mind, I still hate the system compared to straight SBCs....

Premier league sbc up, 84 rated foyth or 84 rated Meyer

Foyth might be good for those of you trying to fit Messi in, helps the argie links

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Premier league sbc up, 84 rated foyth or 84 rated Meyer

Foyth might be good for those of you trying to fit Messi in, helps the argie links

Fairly slim rewards for the biggest league SBC though.

Had been hoping for some good player SBC’s today given the time of year and all. Seriously considering gutting the club and see how many coins I actually have. Always held onto high rated cards “just incase” but doubly so since the prospect of POTM Messi.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Fairly slim rewards for the biggest league SBC though.

Had been hoping for some good player SBC’s today given the time of year and all. Seriously considering gutting the club and see how many coins I actually have. Always held onto high rated cards “just incase” but doubly so since the prospect of POTM Messi.

Yep. They’ve really dumbed down the league SBCs this year to put off those that were grinding it last year. Battaglia from Liga NOS seems the only decent one so far imo.

That PL SBC is going to be dirt cheap long run, I reckon. Going through roughly, no team currently costs more than about 14k to do from scratch, and all prices are currently bumped up by a little. When it drops, it might be a fun one to burn through repeatedly for the packs. Reward players aren't amazing, mind. But given how many untradeable PL non-rares you pick up each week with all the packs, it at least gives us something to burn them into.

Doing the Bundesliga objective for icon swaps... had Chilwell outpacing Sancho even with 10-15 yards ahead of him.

2-1 to me, 90th min last attack, UEL Mbabu does one of those weird outstretched leg tackles, blocks the pass from his Rashford but bounces straight back to him and he then passes it to Vardy but intercepted by FUTMAS Rousillon but somehow he ends up nutmegging himself and it falls perfectly to Vardy’s feet and he equalises. Seen this ****e coming the min the ball bounced back to Rashford... typical ****in FIFA.

Never realised you could keep refreshing the SB teams constantly. So you can do all the legendary matches against 60-70 rated teams.
    And there’s a guide on redditafter you score do a fake cross with your defender and the AI will just stand there for the rest of the match.
    Awesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/egashg/psa_you_dont_actually_need_to_play_out_the_18/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Doing the Bundesliga objective for icon swaps... had Chilwell outpacing Sancho even with 10-15 yards ahead of him.

2-1 to me, 90th min last attack, UEL Mbabu does one of those weird outstretched leg tackles, blocks the pass from his Rashford but bounces straight back to him and he then passes it to Vardy but intercepted by FUTMAS Rousillon but somehow he ends up nutmegging himself and it falls perfectly to Vardy’s feet and he equalises. Seen this ****e coming the min the ball bounced back to Rashford... typical ****in FIFA.

Yeah there’s times it seems when you’re just going to concede and you’re powerless to prevent it.
    Had a few like you described and once the first but if bs happens you just kinda know it’s a goal.

Also, I found passing absolutely woeful yesterday, could barely do a 4 yard pass without him either passing to the wrong person or it being intercepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will ye stop your moaning, the game is great, you need more possession based tactics and you'll find yourselves playing better

5 games today and 5 pm's looking to let them score 5 or 6 with goals from Dembele and they'll let me win, i said no, then they pause the game, and here comes Mbappe, Messi and Ronny and they beat me anyway with their superstar teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Will ye stop your moaning, the game is great, you need more possession based tactics and you'll find yourselves playing better

5 games today and 5 pm's looking to let them score 5 or 6 with goals from Dembele and they'll let me win, i said no, then they pause the game, and here comes Mbappe, Messi and Ronny and they beat me anyway with their superstar teams

I play possession based - as in win/lose/draw I’ll always have near 60% of the ball - but nothing stops the juggernaut that is game flow. The only way around I see is to become proficient at skill moves, and by that I mean properly, not just spamming drag back even when I makes no sense because that can give you adequate i frames to negate OP AI players.

On another note, is there anything which is more both equally frustrating and laughable than that “tackle” players do when they run towards the player in possession but skip through between him and the ball without even a trace of them winning possession :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You lose regardless. You seem to come on here and moan, and regardless of how you play you lose.

You don't take advice, so I really don't know what you want.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You lose regardless. You seem to come on here and moan, and regardless of how you play you lose.

You don't take advice, so I really don't know what you want.

Ah there you are, i dont think i have posted my win loss record so fair play to you that you know im losing regardless how i play, i have only posted about the stupid gameplay as has others, i have posted how it benefits me to but it seems that you want to focus on something you have absolutely no idea about, my win loss record, and not the game. thats fair enough, i already posted the tactics im using, but if yours is better, send on your advice, greatly appreciated.

Started 1-2 but got a bit better and ended up 6-2 after 8 games. Lost my last match after I slide tackled a player but my center back seemed to get stuck under the attacker on the ground so he just got up and scored :(

Looking to get gold 2 for some coins/packs to save and hopefully have a chance at getting a red Trent Alexander Arnold next week.

I really want to know how EA qualifies what a 'green connection' strength is on the screen before you start a match. I've a wired connection and no problems on any other game yet 5 of my games were grand, 3 had the usual thing where your player takes a touch instead of a first time pass and then one game it barely loaded the player images in the loading screen and it was brutal to play yet all of those were supposedly green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ah there you are, i dont think i have posted my win loss record so fair play to you that you know im losing regardless how i play, i have only posted about the stupid gameplay as has others, i have posted how it benefits me to but it seems that you want to focus on something you have absolutely no idea about, my win loss record, and not the game. thats fair enough, i already posted the tactics im using, but if yours is better, send on your advice, greatly appreciated.

You started it with you little possession based comment. I was trying to help. If you can't score, keeping the ball will stop your opponent scoring.

Out of interest, do you have more wins than losses? You seem to take everything as a personal attack on your skill level. You could be ****e, or a world beater, it really doesnt make a difference. We can all learn from eachother.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You started it with you little possession based comment. I was trying to help. If you can't score, keeping the ball will stop your opponent scoring.

Out of interest, do you have more wins than losses? You seem to take everything as a personal attack on your skill level. You could be ****e, or a world beater, it really doesnt make a difference. We can all learn from eachother.

You need to read your posts back as to who started anything, never heard of you until you quoted my post, where you accused me of moaning, then you say im losing regardless of how i play, now im taking everything as personal attack on my skill level, your'e entitled to your opinion, what you have based it on, im not really sure but fair enough, good luck to you

8-4 yesterday, and now 8-8. Ultra team after ultra team now, and a constant stream of “that” type of player who’d probably beat me worse if they could resist the urge to spam skills needlessly, in between wasting time on replays.

Started using 532 and its steadied the ship so as to speak.
    Just need to do the custom tactics for it but it really allows you to flood your opponent with your players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Started using 532 and its steadied the ship so as to speak.
    Just need to do the custom tactics for it but it really allows you to flood your opponent with your players.

Might give this formation a try as it would suit my current crop of players..

What are the best custom tactics

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Might give this formation a try as it would suit my current crop of players..

What are the best custom tactics

Here you go. I’m back winning again.
    It gives you a nice strong midfield and your wing backs give a wide attacking option as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement