Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's just crazy team for first week.

Nice.

I guess I need similar pull from squad battles rewards tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Price ranges have been updated, not sure who's have outside of Dembele now selling for 80k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Price ranges have been updated, not sure who's have outside of Dembele now selling for 80k.

Still no price update for Saint Maximin, 6 of him on my trade pile ready to bounce.

Squad Battles rewards at 1am if anyone's waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Would you not have held onto Vieira for the 1st WL? I know all prices will go up so you'd lose that way. But surely he'll be closer to 4 million coins by then? He's an insane card this early into the game.

• Advertisement

Squad Battles rewards at 1am if anyone's waiting

Waiting???

Finishing my last game now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Weekly Pre order packs available now

2 x rare gold if you got ultimate edition

Packed Varane. Thinking not bad. Then jaw dropped.

Over 200k now :)

Hung onto elite 1 by a whisker.

From the 2 x 55k packs I got Alison (75k at present) malen IF (22k), donnaruma 11k and a few 84’s and 83’s.

Alison made the grind worth it.

Didn't get my pre-order pack but nothing of note from SB rewards, only Gold 2 so not mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lads you’re all making me jealous... can’t play until Friday when it’s released! Hopefully my copy will be ready to be picked up in-store.. pre-ordered online but surprised as they haven’t taken the money from my account yet but sent a confirmation email. No word on the pre-order packs too!

Got my preorder packs Saturday night. Not sure what **** up they did there.

Nothing of note from squad battles. Won't bother playing it again now. It's such a dead game mode, the ai is either terrible or unstoppable. No in-between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jesus, some of the teams being posted here are insane.

Only a few hours left on early access, been traded like a mofo and only have a Chinese/Brazil/Serie A hybrid I bought for about 15K and 50K in the bank. I thought I was doing well until I see Lukaku, Mbappe, Kane, Douglas Costa in peoples teams. It makes me nervous to even attempt to go into div rivals with what I have!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jesus, some of the teams being posted here are insane.

Only a few hours left on early access, been traded like a mofo and only have a Chinese/Brazil/Serie A hybrid I bought for about 15K and 50K in the bank. I thought I was doing well until I see Lukaku, Mbappe, Kane, Douglas Costa in peoples teams. It makes me nervous to even attempt to go into div rivals with what I have!

Grab 10 Maguires for 2000, relist them all for 3700 coins, and relist every hour when you can (Thats important; relist as often as you can during the day).

I'm shifting at least one a cycle, sometimes two.

Jimenez (buying 1900, selling less often for 4100) and Giroud (buying 1800, selling 3100) are the other two I've had the most success with.

It will slow down a bit till more people can start playing, and the prices might dip a bit to buy them when more packs are open.

But a lot of trading is just perseverance. Relist and relist and relist.

Anyone actually try Pukki yet?

I'll probably wait till launch day to grab him but wondering if he'd make a decent super sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have a very basic Serie A team. TOTW Pelligrini is some player. The runs he makes from CAM in 433 attacking combined with the shooting is fantastic have scored some screamers.

Played a good bit of squad battles and managed to pull an 88 Reus. Very happy with that. Will throw 50-60 quid in packs on Friday and go from there.

Great job with kits selection in Rivals.

Not working. Had to rage quit after seeing both teams are in plain white kits.

Why did they have to try to mess with it this year....

If this happens again I will go mad :mad:

Bought havertz and Brandt to try in rivals tomorrow in a 4-3-3 with coman and sancho wide of Werner and Zakaria the holding mid.
    Might switch 4-1-2-1-2 in game.

Either way, I’m not convinced I’ll stick to bundesliga, might sell up team when prices hit their highest this weekend.
    Obviously a lot will depend on who I get as my otw player (if he’s good enough to build a team around) and also if the lewandonski sbc is cheap (for a player like him)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Few more questions........

Haven't spent any coins on building a team because I didn't/don't have any. Messed around with the mismatched starting bronze/silver players I got in free packs in Squad Battles and got to Gold 1. Have 16k now and hoping I'll have some major pack luck in those rewards later but I'm wondering what do people do with all the untradable players they get in the free packs? Like I now have a load of bronze cards with 0 games left, do you just discard them or is there something better to do with them?

Have about 60-90 minutes left on the trial I think to mess about with and I'm tempted to buy a small amount of points to use on packs but I'm wondering is this worth it at all now given the impending drop in prices of players at release? i.e. have I already missed the best opportunity for profit and best just to leave it?

Also are there any sites which offer solutions to the SBC's for when you're feeling kinda lazy? And on that note, are the SBC's worth doing given that the reward for spending coins on some is simply a pack of untradable players?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Few more questions........

Haven't spent any coins on building a team because I didn't/don't have any. Messed around with the mismatched starting bronze/silver players I got in free packs in Squad Battles and got to Gold 1. Have 16k now and hoping I'll have some major pack luck in those rewards later but I'm wondering what do people do with all the untradable players they get in the free packs? Like I now have a load of bronze cards with 0 games left, do you just discard them or is there something better to do with them?

Have about 60-90 minutes left on the trial I think to mess about with and I'm tempted to buy a small amount of points to use on packs but I'm wondering is this worth it at all now given the impending drop in prices of players at release? i.e. have I already missed the best opportunity for profit and best just to leave it?

Also are there any sites which offer solutions to the SBC's for when you're feeling kinda lazy? And on that note, are the SBC's worth doing given that the reward for spending coins on some is simply a pack of untradable players?

Futbin.com have SBC solutions.

With bronze and silvers, I'd save them for SBCs. Or you could put them into the upgrade SBCs now. But you never know when having a Scandanavian striker from some weird league might come in handy during a Marquee Matchup.

As for the points, now would probably be a decent time. All prices are inflated today cause no one is really opening packs, so could buy them and sell them asap.
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bought havertz and Brandt to try in rivals tomorrow in a 4-3-3 with coman and sancho wide of Werner and Zakaria the holding mid.
    Might switch 4-1-2-1-2 in game.

Either way, I’m not convinced I’ll stick to bundesliga, might sell up team when prices hit their highest this weekend.
    Obviously a lot will depend on who I get as my otw player (if he’s good enough to build a team around) and also if the lewandonski sbc is cheap (for a player like him)

Lewandowski's normal card is currently 116k, so I'd have to imagine he'll be at least 150k (I'd wonder if they'll make the bulk of the expense "You need a Polish striker from Bayern", and a low rated team).

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Lewandowski's normal card is currently 116k, so I'd have to imagine he'll be at least 150k (I'd wonder if they'll make the bulk of the expense "You need a Polish striker from Bayern", and a low rated team).

Yeah he should benefit from being an early sbc and not being over expensive relative to his base card.
    Last year Lucas was first prem sbc and was very nicely priced and same with hazard the following month, a very fair price for that card because it was so early in fifa.
    We seen as the months went by some like Aguero were just completely overpriced so yeah lewa at around 150k or even 200k with a couple of good packs would be fair.
    I wouldn’t think they’d be overly specific this early looking for his card, probably just 2 or 3 segments and a Bayern requirement plus an IF or 2 requirement built into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished elite two and my best pulls were dzecko and another 84 Bosnian. I'll probably hold on to them in the hope they rise when a sbc that needs a higher rating drops.

One of twelve gold players packs had a 78 as the highest so my pack luck from 19 marches on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Apparently if you bought the champions edition or ultimate edition digitally you can play the full game now (confirmed on xbox) if you just set your location as New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Grab 10 Maguires for 2000, relist them all for 3700 coins, and relist every hour when you can (Thats important; relist as often as you can during the day).

I'm shifting at least one a cycle, sometimes two.

Jimenez (buying 1900, selling less often for 4100) and Giroud (buying 1800, selling 3100) are the other two I've had the most success with.

It will slow down a bit till more people can start playing, and the prices might dip a bit to buy them when more packs are open.

But a lot of trading is just perseverance. Relist and relist and relist.

Are you on the Xbox? I wonder if the same trends for Maguire will work on PS? I currently have 25 Popes, and was making a small profit (couple of hundred per flip after tax), but now I scarcely sell any per cycle.

I'm thinking of grabbing some MLS players as there is a POTM Martinez coming out. I grabbed 10 Martinez's as he is going for discard so there is zero risk.

Also, you generally like to trade IFs? Do you have any rules of thumb or trends? Will TOTW players generally rise when they are out of packs? Etc. I packed 2 close to discard value players with bad pace for their positions. I'm assuming I want to hold them for a while (Monreal and Abraham)

v3ttel wrote: »
    Are you on the Xbox? I wonder if the same trends for Maguire will work on PS? I currently have 25 Popes, and was making a small profit (couple of hundred per flip after tax), but now I scarcely sell any per cycle.

I'm thinking of grabbing some MLS players as there is a POTM Martinez coming out. I grabbed 10 Martinez's as he is going for discard so there is zero risk.

Also, you generally like to trade IFs? Do you have any rules of thumb or trends? Will TOTW players generally rise when they are out of packs? Etc. I packed 2 close to discard value players with bad pace for their positions. I'm assuming I want to hold them for a while (Monreal and Abraham)

Nani’s IF is a great investment, 83 rated IF with an easy nation to link for sbc’s and currently only 12k (with a 10k discard)
    Should rise a bit when Martinez sbc drops, 1. An IF might be needed for the sbc and 2. People will get him as a link for Martinez in their team.

IF’s as a whole could be trickier this year and without the icon sbc’s I’m going to thread a little more cautiously on investing in them. Sure they’ll be needed in some sbc’s but without the constant icon sbc’s you could see supply outweigh demand, I’m sure ea has another plan for them though.

I used to go in heavy on IFs, but have wandered off them since last year.

IFs are infrequent jackpot paydays; when an SBC drops, you make bank, but they feel super slow the rest of the time. They also require huge investments; 10k a player minimum.

Last year, I had way better success with just rare golds (like Maguire, Giroud, etc). They flipped way more frequently (probably because ALL sbcs use them), and don't require half the coin investment. e.g. I have 350k in the bank that I can spend on players, cause I only need about 200k to fill my tradepile. Doing IFs, you need at least 1m to fill the pile.

Mind, this weeks IFs will be the exception; because there's not a huge amount of coins, prices are low currently. But most people will never pack them, so their prices will rocket next week.

As far as Xbox vs PS, I don't know if it makes a difference. I've always been an Xbox guy. I've shifted about 10 Maguires today, as well as a few Girouds, Jimenez and Rubin Neves. Its slowed down since Friday, but I'm expecting it to rocket up in the next few days again.

Lord TSC wrote:
    As far as Xbox vs PS, I don't know if it makes a difference. I've always been an Xbox guy. I've shifted about 10 Maguires today, as well as a few Girouds, Jimenez and Rubin Neves. Its slowed down since Friday, but I'm expecting it to rocket up in the next few days again.

Just as a reference to this I picked up 20 Maguire's earlier, listing them as you said and I've not sold 1 all day relisting. Obviously I'm still pc, but it's interesting how different platforms work.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just as a reference to this I picked up 20 Maguire's earlier, listing them as you said and I've not sold 1 all day relisting. Obviously I'm still pc, but it's interesting how different platforms work.

Try buying 5 or 10 Matt Doherty for 700 or under.
    He makes it into the top solution once or twice a day and when he does I sell a batch of him (20 cards) all in one go as futbin usually takes an hour or 2 to update so people still see it as the cheapest solution.

I’m only selling for 1300 so not massive profits but everyday for last 3 or 4 days he doesn’t sell, doesn’t sell, then boom, 20 gone in one go. Usually happens twice a day with 5.5 or 6k profit each time.

Might not work on pc but worth a try.

As for the maguires. If you can hold them until Thursday there’s a strong chance united v Arsenal will be in marquee matchups so you might shift them on for profit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I just packed isco and If kos...

Should I sell or hold?

• Advertisement

Those on ps4, if you change your country to Finland in the ps store the game should be available at 10pm.

Seems to have worked for me anyway, banner saying it’s playable in 1 hour 18 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement