Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

14-12, first time using Ben yedder since the upgrade and he’s unbelievable!

I also came up against the same opponent twice in 3 games.
    It was funny cos first game was close, a good game, both skipping replays etc too and I went 3-2 ahead on 85th, won ball back from tip off and ran the clock down. I felt a bit of a twat doing it after it was such a good game but hey.
    Anyway, then I meet him 2 games later and in my head I was thinking “crap, wasn’t expecting to ever see you again after that dickish move”

Scored with 3 mins to go this time and did the exact same again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up 12-5 at the end of last night which is better than I usually do. Lost my second last match after my keeper decided to smash into my center back resulting in an easy clearance turning into a tap in.

It balanced out though because I won my last game with a stoppage time header that bounced in off the crossbar. It was a complete fluke because it was meant to be a low driven header :o:pac:

Picked up 85 IF Talisca as a sub for the cam position and find him pretty fun to use. Surprised how cheap he was at only 16k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hogey007 wrote: »
    14-12, first time using Ben yedder since the upgrade and he’s unbelievable!

I also came up against the same opponent twice in 3 games.
    It was funny cos first game was close, a good game, both skipping replays etc too and I went 3-2 ahead on 85th, won ball back from tip off and ran the clock down. I felt a bit of a twat doing it after it was such a good game but hey.
    Anyway, then I meet him 2 games later and in my head I was thinking “crap, wasn’t expecting to ever see you again after that dickish move”

Scored with 3 mins to go this time and did the exact same again :D

I don’t see the problem there. What were you supposed to do, give the ball back to him. With a few minutes left that’s part of the game.
    It lads that take every second by celebrating, watching the full walk back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-10

Won't get a chance to play the last few games, but am happy that 14 seems to have become my base line now.

I don’t see the problem there. What were you supposed to do, give the ball back to him. With a few minutes left that’s part of the game.
    It lads that take every second by celebrating, watching the full walk back.

Ah I know, it’s part of the game and we all do it and no problem when someone does it to me from 80th minute onwards but when you’ve had a cracking end to end game it feels a little bit sly to pass back to keeper and that.

• Advertisement

12-5 to 13-8 :(.

Lost my first match because I was ****e, second was 1-1 in the 90th when I tried to throw the ball to my forward for a counter attack but it hit my center back's head giving him a tap in. Third match it matched me up against a guy I played from my first 5 who was miles better than me both times.

Never had to play the same player twice in a wl before so I wonder if the player numbers have dropped.

Gyan84 wrote: »

Never had to play the same player twice in a wl before so I wonder if the player numbers have dropped.

Was wondering the same, I never encountered the same opponent in wl before so to get same person twice in 3 matches was strange.

I’d say lots are focusing on objectives this week for icons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was wondering the same, I never encountered the same opponent in wl before so to get same person twice in 3 matches was strange.

I’d say lots are focusing on objectives this week for icons.

Would you blame them?
    WL rewards are muck to be honest.
    At least doing rivals and divisions gets you icon swaps.
    I honestly think I’ll drop WL mode altogether until tots time.

I’m on 6-7 at the moment, not much of difference from rivals.
    I bought Ronaldo during the week after reading the report from one of you guys. The team is way better with him but I also think opponents approach the matches against me differently when he’s in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I just wish they'd standardise DR and WL to play the same. One qualifies you for the other but suffers way more from "game flow." It beggars belief the logic of it.

• Advertisement

La liga milestone player out.
    Looks bang average, absolutely no desire to grind that out.

La liga milestone player out.
    Looks bang average, absolutely no desire to grind that out.

Gives me a reason to play DR is all, at least they’ve kept to wins and not just goals only.

Really had higher hopes for content this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We still haven't been told how the Milestone players will be upgraded

Looking at it now that Milestone player is such a weird choice, same league, nation, club, and position as Cazorla but you get one for just passively completing some objectives throughout the season and the other requires you to win a bunch of games using 75 rated La Liga players.

bnfiUpX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

We still haven't been told how the Milestone players will be upgraded

They will be upgraded when fifa 21 is released :)

+1 every year until 2030.

wonski wrote: »
    They will be upgraded when fifa 21 is released :)

+1 every year until 2030.

“Play 100 squad battle games with this player in your starting squad to achieve a +1 upgrade to all face stats”

There's a reason to go for Politano, even months later he's still by far the best RW in the Serie A, there are already a dozen CMs better than Moi Gomez in La Liga

Untitled.jpg

Sold CR7 and already miss him.
    Even Aguero is not even close to him.
    Only problem is with doing those challenges during the week I won’t even be using him so I’ve a million coins just sitting there unused.
    Got called into work which is just typical as I’ve 10 games left and one win to get me to 11.
    Fingers crossed I can get home before the window shuts :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Sold CR7 and already miss him.
    Even Aguero is not even close to him.
    Only problem is with doing those challenges during the week I won’t even be using him so I’ve a million coins just sitting there unused.
    Got called into work which is just typical as I’ve 10 games left and one win to get me to 11.
    Fingers crossed I can get home before the window shuts :)

I bought him 2 days ago because of your posts. Best buy I’ve ever done. He’s changed my team.
    It took me a few games to learn how to play with him but he just gets into positions and is always on the end of things.

Finished up with 14-13, my best return yet!

Why did you sell him?

I bought him 2 days ago because of your posts. Best buy I’ve ever done. He’s changed my team.
    It took me a few games to learn how to play with him but he just gets into positions and is always on the end of things.

Finished up with 14-13, my best return yet!

Why did you sell him?

My tactics weren't working out. He was still scoring goals but he was carrying my team bigtime. Without him they just weren't doing anything. I thought if I improved a few other areas it might make a difference ...but it doesn't.
    The only one who could replace CR7 would be R9 really at this time of the year and you're talking 2mill+
    Upto now I was a div 2/3 player and my WL record would be around 70%.
    Finding this year its only around 30-50% so was just testing a few tactics etc.
    Now I've decided back to 41212 and **** custom tactics.
    As Kevin Keegan says..if you score 4 we'll score 5 lol :D

I think I have to buy him back as he's ridiculously OP.

Great I get home and 2-0 up for my final WL match and work calls.
    Typical I have to forfeit the game.

• Advertisement

Finished 14-3, started 9-0 and wanted to try my hand at my first Elite but really don't have the time for 30 games so just went to Gold 3 and stopped.

With 30 mins left I chanced one game and went hell for leather.
    CR7 scores a hat trick within 15 mins and the guy quits :)
    11 wins, would have been nice to get to 14 but 11 is better than 8.
    Had 9 games left so my win ratio has improved from last week where it took me 27 games to get 11 wins.

Also came across a nice video on YouTube showing the 3 point roulette turn.
    Very simple to do but using it gives you massive amounts of space to create passes etc for shots on goal. Just used it for my liga one challenge and tore the guy apart.
    Simply hold left trigger and right analog stick tap back of player twice and then where aim for your exit time.
    I’ll root out the video later if anyone wants it.

Also at 6.30am gameplay was absolutely flawless. The players felt like they were on speed, they were zipping around on the pitch so fast. Input was lightning fast and more like SB.
    That tells me that those miserable gits at EA are running the bare minimum of servers to support WL mode.
    They’ve always been reluctant to provide extra servers for any of their games in the past and is obviously still the case here.

Got to 15 wins with 5 games left and couldn't be bothered playing anymore.

Has anybody managed to do the flair shots gold objective ? I hold l2 and score but the player just does a volley or something else that doesn't seem to count.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got to 15 wins with 5 games left and couldn't be bothered playing anymore.

Has anybody managed to do the flair shots gold objective ? I hold l2 and score but the player just does a volley or something else that doesn't seem to count.

Make sure the player has the flair trait

Being able to bring on CR7 immediately for those icon challenges really makes them a price of cake.
    I should have Heirro towards the end of the week but if they were all like this I’d be tempted to go for a better icon.

Annoying that there are literally no Icons available for 15, 16, 17, or 18 tokens. It goes straight from Lineker at 14 to Barnes at 19, meaning if you go for one of the 6 token players the best you can get is Lineker and have 4 tokens left over to do nothing with.

Annoying that there are literally no Icons available for 15, 16, 17, or 18 tokens. It goes straight from Lineker at 14 to Barnes at 19, meaning if you go for one of the 6 token players the best you can get is Lineker and have 4 tokens left over to do nothing with.

I thought there was 30 tokens?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Make sure the player has the flair trait

I couldn't get the last batch either and I was using Ozil who has the flair trait. Then read on reddit that Scream Ozil who I was using doesn't have it, only his gold base card which is fcking bizarre. :rolleyes: Used Zaha & Gabriel Jesus this time and got it handy.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I thought there was 30 tokens?

Nah 24.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement