Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

WL picks came in.
    I’ve 2 picks out of a choice of 4.
    Best card on both of them was fkin Maguire!
    All that waiting for crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    What icons are everyone going for?
    I'm leaning towards Hierro and Zambrotta and Rijkaard if I'm bothered although he'd be better than Guardiola as CDM.
    Zambrotta I definitely need and I see some people are saying Campbell is excellent this year? Hard to fathom that one.

Looking at Essien myself, but not 100% tied to him, I really liked del piero whenever I got him in draft and dinho is always fun to use so not going to kill myself with objectives, I found this cycle relatively easy but if they’re much more time consuming next time I’d happily miss a couple and just get dinho it delpiero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

even at 7 chem Ronaldo is miles ahead of other strikers.
    You could put either an Serie A manager or Portugese manager and that would bring him upto 8 chem.
    If you use a Portugese manager an set him to Lique 1 Neymar would get a +1 to chem and so would CR7.

Already have all that done, once he gets loyalty Ronaldo will be on 8. Switch to 451 could bring Neymar to 10 and leave Ronaldo & Paulinho on 8.

I’ve never been fussed about having everyone on 10 chem, was just asking in case there was an obvious solution. Do people notice a difference between players on 7/8 and 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Got perez and martial. Was only due one pick so happy out with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got gold 3. First pick was 81 sidibe which is meh but the second was 93 rated Harry Kane :D:D

Delighted with that as the highest I've ever gotten from reds was 86. I'll throw an engine on him and give him a few games even though he'll probably end up in some sbc down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Martial and Doherty.

As a United fan, love that Martial.

I used Doherty's first IF and it was ok. But can't see him replacing my AWB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Have two picks waiting for me (as expected), nice on those getting an extra pick, did you already open them the other day?

Calvert Lewin and Doherty from g3.

Garbage.

Only ea could actually make their cock up worse by giving silver players an extra reward but nothing extra for g2 or higher.

You have lads getting kante and/or Aguero from 11 wins while people who won 21 are getting rubbish.

If you’re going to give an extra pick just give it across the board!

I think whats happened is everyone got rewards knocked up a rank, or something.

So, I think because I finished Gold 2, I got 2x 1 pick from 4 options instead of the usual 1 pick from 3.

Which means some people got an extra pick, whereas others got their usual two cards but from a slightly bigger pool of choices.

EDIT: Though it seems some tiers DIDN'T get the upgrade, as it might have been too extreme a boost, or something? not sure.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think whats happened is everyone got rewards knocked up a rank, or something.

So, I think because I finished Gold 2, I got 2x 1 pick from 4 options instead of the usual 1 pick from 3.

Which means some people got an extra pick, whereas others got their usual two cards but from a slightly bigger pool of choices.

EDIT: Though it seems some tiers DIDN'T get the upgrade, as it might have been too extreme a boost, or something? not sure.

I'd say that's right as I got 2x4 picks for Gold 3 instead of the usual 2x3.

Finished up the last of the icon objectives so going to do some of the new objectives at 6 to get the last bit of xp I need for the storyline player and then take a break until next Friday and open my saved packs then,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ligue 1 player obj up. What is up with the **** SBC content lately.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Ligue 1 player obj up. What is up with the **** SBC content lately.

God, not a great card to link anyway. we really did get the best league milestone from the first one, politano.

If twitter leaks are to be believed we’ll get a pogba toty flashback sbc next week.

Getting very tempted to splash my 800k on a new icon CAM. If there was SBCs for icons, i'd probably have pumped it all in to something untradeable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Got perez and martial. Was only due one pick so happy out with that!

Exact same. Delighted with Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting very tempted to splash my 800k on a new icon CAM. If there was SBCs for icons, i'd probably have pumped it all in to something untradeable anyway.

I'm resisting the urge bigtime.
    I'm not playing WL mode or barely any rivals so might just let it sit there.

So prime R9 has had a price range update to 28million.

Absolutely disgusting the way this game is going!

I’m not saying anyone will pay 28mil, but he’ll likely creep up to 17/18 mil now whereas last year his sbc was approx 5 mil.

that's bloody crazy.I think this year will backfire badly on EA for next year.
    A lot of people are simply dropping the game as they can't be bothered to grind rivals and SB and don't play WL.
    Even myself I'm thinking of dropping it already.
    Rewards for WL don't justify me playing 30 games over the weekend and the objectives are distracting me from rivals..

that's bloody crazy.I think this year will backfire badly on EA for next year.
    A lot of people are simply dropping the game as they can't be bothered to grind rivals and SB and don't play WL.
    Even myself I'm thinking of dropping it already.
    Rewards for WL don't justify me playing 30 games over the weekend and the objectives are distracting me from rivals..

I really hope it does backfire on them as their greed knows no boundaries, they’ve took virtually all the fun out of the game, ie, building your “ultimate team”, I’ve only been playing fifa since fifa 18 and in both fifa 18 and 19 my goal was to have R9, got him both times (after a lot of grinding)

I’d only have him for the last 3 months or so of the game before we moved onto the next fifa, what was the harm in that? In letting people build towards their ultimate team and then starting again in September.

This year I got zanetti from first icon swap, probably Essien from second and who knows who ea will deem us worthy to receive in the final one.
    Just doesn’t do it for me.
    I’ll keep playing this fifa for another bit anyway but def can’t see myself coming back for next fifa if the icon sbc’s aren’t back, what’s the point in playing “ultimate team” if it’s not possible to build an ultimate team.

And even the likes of me, lord tsc etc are very much exceptions to the normal fifa player, as in we played all year, grinding to get the likes of Gullit, R9, your average fifa player never got near those so kinda crap that they’ve took away the grinding element and made it solely pay to win

that's it exactly.
    Icon swaps was done to make it easier for players to get access to icons but its real purpose was to lock out the top tier icons from SBC and people who grind so the only way was to get them from packs and hence force people to spend money on packs to try and get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've had disgusting pack luck this year, pretty much my entire club is untradeable but even if I could sell it all (Ronaldo, IF Mbappe, IF Neymar, Ronaldinho, Essien, Desailly, Hierro) and even get back all the coins I've spent on SBC cards this year, I'd be up to about 8m, halfway to affording R9.

But "we're making Icons are more accessible" because you can buy Base Inzaghi for 140k instead of last year's 250k :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've had disgusting pack luck this year, pretty much my entire club is untradeable but even if I could sell it all (Ronaldo, IF Mbappe, IF Neymar, Ronaldinho, Essien, Desailly, Hierro) and even get back all the coins I've spent on SBC cards this year, I'd be up to about 8m, halfway to affording R9.

But "we're making Icons are more accessible" because you can buy Base Inzaghi for 140k instead of last year's 250k :rolleyes:

Moments R9 is gonna cost more than the 40 million Real Madrid paid in real life for him :D

I'm thinking of just selling CR7 and buying 89 Rush and 89 Van Basten and just enjoying the game and **** all the WL mode etc.
    Anyone use Rush? He's down to 300k now. Bigtime drop.

I'd bet the entire TOTY combined will cost less than PIM R9.

Looks like toty got leaked and the team is more or less the below. and the toty flashback apparently is Iniesta.

With so much prem players in the team it’s no harm picking up rare prem league players now for as cheap as you can.
    We should get the league upgrade sbc’s once toty starts and they require 11 rare from that league.

You can either do the upgrades yourself or sell for profit.
    As a safety net, pick up Liverpool or spurs players as they should be in marquee matchups next week so even if upgrade doesn’t come you can sell them for marquee matchups.
    Winks and milner are cheapest from each, i was getting them at 800 yesterday but up to 1k now.

Have about 300k worth and another 200k of psg centre backs, diallo and kehrer

It's just incredible that they've been trying to spin getting rid of Icon SBCs as a pro-accessibility move. Like "sure the best Icons are 3x more expensive than their respective SBCs ever were, but at least I can get a Prime Nakata if I win 70 Rivals and Squad Battles games with bad teams I don't enjoy using."

Sold CR7 and bought Rush, Van Basten and prime Litamen just for laughs and see how it goes.

Just a heads up for those of you that said you were halfway through championship sbc, I’d try get it completed this weekend, apparently there’s a Rooney flashback during toty, if it’s nicely priced a lot of people will look to get that leeds cdm as a green link (with Rooney at derby now that’s who his card will be for)

Flashback Rooney?

*United fandom intensifies*

• Advertisement

Surprised at how sensible that supposed toty is, especially considering the odd choices in the past such as Dani Alves. Only change I'd make is Lewandowski in for Mbappe but Mbappe will move a truckload of packs so he'll definitely be in.

I hope they don't do the community voted 12th toty player as it'll just be Ronaldo or Neymar instead of someone who deserves it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement