Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I always tell myself I should hoard my packs for the big events but never have the discipline to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha I’m the same, I’ve about 100 packs, some of them are just the 1 player packs we get for the daily objective but there’s about 60 proper packs there. And 20 of the 81+ player picks.

Don’t expect for a second I’ll get a toty card but by hoarding them for big events it saves me buying packs, when I open through all them and see the crap I get there’s no chance I’ll go near fifa points.

Yeah have loads of the objective ones, all the Premier League SBC ones, Two weeks of Marquee Matchups & Rivals, will have this coming weeks as well, three weeks of Squad Battles. And then all the FUTMAS Challenge SBCs as well and a couple of those 80+ and 82-88 packs.

Can't wait to pack Danilo Pereira 40 times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seamie78 wrote: »
    I always tell myself I should hoard my packs for the big events but never have the discipline to do so

The once or twice I've done it over the years, I just end up disappointed.

So may as well have multiple disappointments spread over the year, than one absolutely massive disappointment next month. :pac:

Yeah it's never worked out for me. I did it back at TOTGS release as well and best I got was Gold Griezemann which sadly is my best every player packed in any FUT :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I have so many packs built up just because I like doing SBC’s and objectives yet have **** pack luck so never arsed opening them just to clear a heap of worthless duplicates. Packed Griezmann the other night from one of those two rare player packs which was my first “big” pull in forever.

Biggest this year:

90: MAtS
    89: Koulibaly, Griezmann
    88: Godin, Kroos

And I’ve done pretty much every pack SBC (i.e. not counting the expensive player ones) and objective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

My pack luck this year has been really good but it from two player rare packs from the objectives.

Messi
    KDB
    Bale
    Reus
    Thiago X2

It's grand haven't bought any FIFA Points so far and can't see myself doing so at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I remember Marcelo being mentioned as a possible FB card earlier in the thread. His card would be perfect for chem for my team atm. Does this still seem like a possibility, seeing as we already had a Brazil FB player in David Luiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

seamie78 wrote: »

I saved up 170 packs for the EPL TOTS last year, and got nobody tradable worth over 30k. If you love disappointment, I'd recommend hoarding packs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Varane and Gomez the stand out players in totw, couple of others that are decent too like Jesus, Pepe, immobile, Maddison.
    But a hell of a lot of Fodder. https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1214924722871291905?s=21

Panic buying a OTW Pepe when he scored those two free kicks in the Europa League finally kinda, maybe, almost, one quarter pays off-ish.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Panic buying a OTW Pepe when he scored those two free kicks in the Europa League finally kinda, maybe, almost, one quarter pays off-ish.

I still have a otw Joao Felix somewhere :(
    Completely forgot about it until I was filtering for the la liga objectives the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ronaldo had a hat trick and an assist at the weekend so that confirms he's getting the 12th man TOTY card, despite there supposedly still being 2 days left to vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I really want that David Luis card after watching the reviews. So so expensive though!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Ronaldo had a hat trick and an assist at the weekend so that confirms he's getting the 12th man TOTY card, despite there supposedly still being 2 days left to vote.

Was it ever going to be any different?

I got him just to use in friendlies as I'm sure that's why everyone else got him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lol Messi’s dribbling is ridiculous and broken as hell.
    Had a guy tackle Messi while he tried to dribble past him and took ball off him but somehow Messi’s leg magically grew 2 feet and snapped the ball back to his feet like he had a rubber band on it where he happily curled the ball around the keeper.
    I felt sorry for my opponent as it was 3-3 at that stage and very evenly matched. Ended up winning 5-3 but he was obviously sickened at that piece.

Oh yes...there’s a few league sbc where for 8k or so you get 25k packs back.
    Bundes- Schalke/Borrussia Mglad
    Ligue 1- PSG
    Serie A - Juve

Save them for when the complete toty are in packs.
    You never know..one of us besides Osmosis could get lucky.

I've got 60+ packs stored up, most of them being packs with at least 3-6 rare gold players each, and a few 50k and 100k packs too.

TOTY VVD is 99 rated I'm never affording him :pac:

League upgrade packs out there for anyone who wants to stash some Ligue 1 packs for Friday

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    League upgrade packs out there for anyone who wants to stash some Ligue 1 packs for Friday

Yeah and they don’t require rare players from a particular league. Screws with my investment slightly but very useful for all the untradeable packs I’ll be opening.

TOTY VVD is 99 rated I'm never affording him :pac:

He’ll be like trying to get past a brick wall!!

• Advertisement

Those upgrades are handy for the league packs too :)

Lads, am I going crazy or has the "Leagues" tab vanished from the SBC tab on the app? The thing you click to only see League SBCs? And it's gone on Futbin too (guessing thats related).

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Those upgrades are handy for the league packs too :)

Lads, am I going crazy or has the "Leagues" tab vanished from the SBC tab on the app? The thing you click to only see League SBCs? And it's gone on Futbin too (guessing thats related).

They've renamed it to "Players" for some reason

Just noticed earlier today the liga nos sbc is much cheaper than last time I checked.
    About 170k now. Think it was near 400k at one point.
    Finished it there to get battaglia.
    Several of the clubs only require 4 or 5 players from a certain club, is that something they’ve changed to make it easier to complete and stop the price fixers? Can anyone who already completed it remember if there was a few clubs like this.

Either way, it’s much cheaper now, might be of interest to you blazer??

Just noticed earlier today the liga nos sbc is much cheaper than last time I checked.
    About 170k now. Think it was near 400k at one point.
    Finished it there to get battaglia.
    Several of the clubs only require 4 or 5 players from a certain club, is that something they’ve changed to make it easier to complete and stop the price fixers? Can anyone who already completed it remember if there was a few clubs like this.

Either way, it’s much cheaper now, might be of interest to you blazer??

Tempted alright. That card would fit in perfectly into my team.

Yeah and they don’t require rare players from a particular league. Screws with my investment slightly but very useful for all the untradeable packs I’ll be opening.

Had you stocked up on loads of low rated golds?

Haven’t invested in anything in ages now. Would be like starting all over again finding players that sell.

Several of the clubs only require 4 or 5 players from a certain club, is that something they’ve changed to make it easier to complete and stop the price fixers?

I've noticed it with a few of the bigger clubs. City stands out, for instance. It stops some price fixing, and some of the big teams have so few low rated player, it stops the SBC being absurdly expensive from the start. The likes of Juventus or City would be 40-50k without those sorts of aids otherwise, since some of the cheaper players of those teams start at 5k.

Notice that there's a new TOTY challange up that gives an untradeable mega pack.

Really think they're moving quickly towards abolishing the transfer market altogether at this stage. First POTM, not basic challenge SBCs, rewarding untradeable rewards. If that becomes the norm, I think you'll see them do away with the distinction altogether.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really think they're moving quickly towards abolishing the transfer market altogether at this stage. First POTM, not basic challenge SBCs, rewarding untradeable rewards. If that becomes the norm, I think you'll see them do away with the distinction altogether.

It could be the best thing to ever happen.
    A lot of streamers will drop fifa completely and EA could take a huge hit in game sales. There’s a lot of people who play it just for the market and never bother with gameplay.
    I reckon it would backfire massively on them.

Seems a very strange thing to do though. If a lot of countries start banning loot boxes etc if there’s no market it will eat into their revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It'd be great for the casual user. Which is what 90% of FIFA users are.
    Fully welcome it. Would make the game a better grind and something to constantly work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

RossieMan wrote: »
    It'd be great for the casual user. Which is what 90% of FIFA users are.
    Fully welcome it. Would make the game a better grind and something to constantly work on.

I hope you are right but I think it won’t be for our benefit.
    I feel everything they are doing at the moment is to get you to buy more packs. By taking away making money on trading, you will be left with buying packs to get players.

The icon SBCs from last year are a huge loss and they are going further away from it all the time.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Had you stocked up on loads of low rated golds?

Haven’t invested in anything in ages now. Would be like starting all over again finding players that sell.

Had a lot of rare prem players because I thought the prem upgrade would require 11 premier league rares and everyone would spam it with 6 toty players from prem.

But I got them from spurs and Liverpool because they should be in marquee matchups tomorrow so I should get rid of them for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement