Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm accepting there's not a chance I can afford Gullit this year without SBCs.

Think I can grab Mid Ballack and Shevchenko with what coins I have.

Oh, but bloody hell, that Silva is a must do for me. Links Ronaldo in with PL players.

250-300k. Might burn a load of my high rated untradeables on this.

Wouldn’t mind but I did Suarez just earlier today and burned a few untradesbled.
    Ah well so long to him and Iniesta etc.

Silva makes coming in around 350k.
    Between all my reselling etc I’ve lost about 200k in taxes and tranfer losses.
    Did his loaner anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll probably hold off and do him once the Icon objectives are unveiled. I'd hate to plunk in some of my reds, only to find I'd have needed them in objectives.

Did Silva after trying his loaner.
    That’s my team locked down now for a while unless I get some crazy EPL striker to replace Ronaldo.
    Cost me about 160k

Running all the useless Ukranian golds and the likes through the PL SBCs.

Going to see can I pump them through the League SBC as well then.

Packed IF Grelish on my second pack. Rodri in my third, so he can go into Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

50-ish packs saved up, Koulibaly and IF Deulofeu + 2 other discard IFs.... time to rinse my club for PL upgrades. All I want is a TAA, thanks EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pack luck wasn't going overly badly this evening for once, opened a few rare player packs and got Kroos (again) and Lenglet as well as some 84's so plenty of fodder. Stopped then once I had two untradeable 84's stuck in my unassigneds. Didn't have the heart to burn them with (presumably) a decent SBC coming tomorrow.

On a wider note; out of curiosity, what way do ye approach finishing chances when through one-on-one lads? Depending on which felt like it made more sense, I used to always either smash it near post side or line myself up facing the opposite corner and finesse it in. But lately that hasn't been working at all and the keeper either pulls off a save or it hits the post. Just came out of a game where I missed 4 one-on-one's in the first half alone, I was using slightly worse players for the Ligue 1 objectives but it's been happening this last couple of weeks with my main team too albeit to a lesser extent. If it wasn't for those dirty rebounds I'd be losing far more games because of it.

Lower composure really hurts when 1 on 1 with the keeper. That’s probably why you’re missing so many.

Also on a side note.
    I know we all hate SB but the rewards for them fall within the toty window unlike WL this weekend.
    I’m thinking of bumping up my SB ranks and to hell with WL in the off chance I get something decent.
    Although I probably burned up all my luck last weekend getting Vieri for gold 3 :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Lower composure really hurts when 1 on 1 with the keeper. That’s probably why you’re missing so many.

Also on a side note.
    I know we all hate SB but the rewards for them fall within the toty window unlike WL this weekend.
    I’m thinking of bumping up my SB ranks and to hell with WL in the off chance I get something decent.
    Although I probably burned up all my luck last weekend getting Vieri for gold 3 :)

Yeah I understand when it's some 78 winger through on goal, but when it's players like R7 & Neymar doing it I start thinking I need to change up what had been working for me :o

A note for anyone not as familiar with SB's though, you can't keep playing and winning points indefinitely. Once you play your 10th(?) set of four opponents points stop accumulating. You can keep playing games but they don't add to your score & skipped teams count towards it.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah I understand when it's some 78 winger through on goal, but when it's players like R7 & Neymar doing it I start thinking I need to change up what had been working for me :o

A note for anyone not as familiar with SB's though, you can't keep playing and winning points indefinitely. Once you play your 10th(?) set of four opponents points stop accumulating. You can keep playing games but they don't add to your score & skipped teams count towards it.

Yeah I don’t think I even refreshed mine this week as I had all the icon swaps done since last week.
    I’m tempted alright to give it a shot.
    Although if CR7 wins the 12th man he could be in packs for rewards next week.
    Something to thing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So I've had a big day.

Opening my 70 or so saved packs and this lad shows up :D

giphy.gif
    Screenshot-2020-01-09-at-22-19-31.png

Then from the rest of them I get some IFs, some high rated players, and a load of low rated rares to put into upgrade SBCs. Didn't get anything big from any of the upgrades but used them all to put together a Base Icon Pack entirely from untradeables and well.....

Screenshot-2020-01-09-at-21-55-24.png

So that's me done with Icon SBCs :o Gonna hold onto him until a player SBC I wanna do shows up I guess.

• Advertisement

So I've had a big day.

Opening my 70 or so saved packs and this lad shows up :D

giphy.gif
    Screenshot-2020-01-09-at-22-19-31.png

Then from the rest of them I get some IFs, some high rated players, and a load of low rated rares to put into upgrade SBCs. Didn't get anything big from any of the upgrades but used them all to put together a Base Icon Pack entirely from untradeables and well.....

Screenshot-2020-01-09-at-21-55-24.png

So that's me done with Icon SBCs :o Gonna hold onto him until a player SBC I wanna do shows up I guess.

................................really happy for you.

Honest.

:pac:

admit it Osmosis..you sold your soul to the devil for good packs. :)

what kind of packs were they btw if you noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It was about 1.8m worth of packs, probably cost me 300k in SBCs plus saving a few weeks of rewards. Mostly Premium-Prime Gold players packs. Most of them gave 3-6 rare golds, which are all that really matters from packs. Think Trent actually came from an Electrum pack given out by today's Marquee Matchups though :p the 3 100ks I had saved gave nothing.

Couldn't afford Ballack and Shevchenko, so got 92 Kane instead.

Going to lump crosses in to him and Ronnie all weekend for the lulz.

I dread when I see totgs Kane or Lewandowski as it normally means I’m facing an opponent who actually knows how to play and get the best out of them. And they always score goals against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I like the consistency of packs today. All packs ranging from 5k gold pack to 100k pack offer less than 1% chance of packing toty.

I wish they were asked to be more specific when listing the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Completed 5 of those premium PL upgrade packs, 87 B. Silva and IF Noble... also, trolled by the flares and got UCL Otamendi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Opened 80 packs last night. Only got 11 players of 84 or higher. However it was definitely the best pack opening I have ever had as in those 11 players where Ramos, Coutinho, Mid Gattuso & Prime Barnes.

Have never even packed anything close to an icon and then had two within three packs of each other. Now Mid Gattuso isn't great but an Icon is an Icon I guess. In fact he's actually pretty terrible, after I had a look he won't even displace Storyline Oxlade-Chamberlain out of my midfield :pac:. Unfortunately he is untradeable. Barnes I'm pretty happy with as it means I can sandwich TOTGS Tagliafico between him and Nesta for full chem and finally retire my Gold Digne after his sterling work for 300+ games. Barnes is also untradeable.

I have a pile of pointless Gold Rares now as well so planning to churn most of my club through the New Years PL Upgrade in the hope of a TOTY.

Breakdown of packs below I kept track of for reasons I'm not sure of:

2* Gold
    2* Premium Gold
    1* Jumbo Gold
    8* Premium Gold Jumbo - L Leiva, Ramos
    1* Gold Players
    6* Gold Players Premium
    3* Prime Gold Players - Gattuso, Sancho,
    4* Small Prime Gold Players
    11* Rare Gold - Barnes,
    3* Mega Pack
    3* Two Players
    1* Two Rare Gold Players - Mandzukic
    2* Electrum
    5* Premium Electrum - UCL Mandzukic, Vidal
    7* Prime Electrum
    1* Rare Electrum - IF Grealish & Coutinho
    1* Mixed Players
    2* Premium Mixed Players
    6* Prime Mixed Players
    3* Rare Mixed Players - IF 75, Azpil,
    4* Small Rare Mixed Players
    1* Rare Players
    1* PL Players Premium

I was reading a few reviews that Gattuso is actually OP as hell and his stats are a lie. So worth a shot just to see how he gets on.
    As a CDM he he’s supposed to be fantastic. Great tackling and aggression which is just what you need.
    Also these packs are a great way of grinding the baby icon sbc as well.
    Must start that now over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Opened 35 packs I had stored last night..

I got 3 walkouts (one was blue flares that almost got my hopes up).

87 Thiago
    86 Muller
    84 Tadic (CL)

Lots and lots of fodder...

I still have a few packs left for later. The mega packs are terrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I opened 20 of the 80+ player picks.

Got sane 86, rakitic 86 x 2, Saul 85, cancelo 84, carvahal 85, giminez 85, mahrez 84, kepa 84 and a few 83’s.

Not bad, sane saved it a little, rest will all be used in sbc’s, did one segment of David luiz as I had a duplicate untradeable rakitic

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

got Iniesta and I was pretty happy with his loan card so nice to have a perfect link to David Villa.

Is the Marcelo sbc guaranteed to happen?

cintec wrote: »
    got Iniesta and I was pretty happy with his loan card so nice to have a perfect link to David Villa.

Is the Marcelo sbc guaranteed to happen?

I wouldn’t say Marcelo, Rooney ibra or pogba are guaranteed anymore as we got Bernardo Silva and David luiz that weren’t in any leaks so the leaks may have been incorrect (or changed because they were leaked)

Still hopeful I’ll get pogba though cos it’s unlikely he’ll get an IF’s anytime soon :D

Trent got December potm, sbc to be released Monday, an 88 rated card.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Trent got December potm, sbc to be released Monday, an 88 rated card.

cheap as hell I reckon too...not too many people would be interested in it especially with Zambrotta in icon swaps as well.
    my team is kinda locked down now..any replacements would drastically force me to change the entire team again apart from getting an icon or something.

I've also found out that Hierro is a dirty bastard....ie Ramos type of player.
    46 games in and he's been sent off 3 times already.
    You try to do an innocuous standing challenge and he basically grabs the player by the scruff of the neck and just kicks or trips him.
    Out of all my players he's the only one with a red card and some of these guys have played a few hundred games.

Blazer wrote: »
    cheap as hell I reckon too...not too many people would be interested in it especially with Zambrotta in icon swaps as well.
    my team is kinda locked down now..any replacements would drastically force me to change the entire team again apart from getting an icon or something.

I've also found out that Hierro is a dirty bastard....ie Ramos type of player.
    46 games in and he's been sent off 3 times already.
    You try to do an innocuous standing challenge and he basically grabs the player by the scruff of the neck and just kicks or trips him.
    Out of all my players he's the only one with a red card and some of these guys have played a few hundred games.

Haha good ol’ Hierro.

Yeah my team is fairly locked in for foreseeable too, fb luiz in for Ramos will drop rttf militao to 8 chem but I can live with that.

Who know though, I have 180 packs to open over weekend, a nice toty vvd could easily be accommodated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Opened my 40 saved packs last night. Included a good few weeks of rivals, wl and marquee matchups.

I got one 86 (kimmich) two 84s and 3 83s :( I had low expectations and I'm still disappointed. Have a full tradepile of low rated rares though so will make a good few of the pl upgrade packs.

Was going to sell my mid Barnes and save/trade another few hundred thousand to get toty TAA but might as well wait and see his potm now.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha good ol’ Hierro.

Yeah my team is fairly locked in for foreseeable too, fb luiz in for Ramos will drop rttf militao to 8 chem but I can live with that.

Who know though, I have 180 packs to open over weekend, a nice toty vvd could easily be accommodated :D

I was half afraid of getting one really as any of them would force me to drastically change except for Alisson.
    Zambrotta is going in for Cancelo but if i had got Trent or Robertson I would probably have used them in a SBC. Only way now I'll drop CR7 was getting Mbappe or Messi toty cards.
    Very happy with Tagliafica...he's really awesome at LB.
    Guardiola is 50/50 so I'd happily replace him with another icon CDM but otherwise I think my team is good.
    POTM Vardy is useless now as he's incapable of dribbling around players so Aguero is a big improvement but who surprised me even more was potm Suarez. He makes a massive impact up front coming on as a sub for Vardy.

And De Gea....he's very much 50/50. Ter Stegen is miles better than him. Its very noticeable switching from De Gea to Ter's 91 card although De Gea seems to play better with a EPL team than his spanish buddies in front of him.

62QDtOd.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement