Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I have 25 in forms in my club at the moment, 1 of which is usable. Would love an SBC to require a hatfull. I ended up with 2 dup Nobles and a dup Maddison yesterday, after the Bilva SBC there's very little to put them into.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Blazer wrote: »

Speaking of icons, anyone know when the grind starts with the icon swaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Speaking of icons, anyone know when the grind starts with the icon swaps?

Probably Monday or hopefully today maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I reckon I pack an untradeable Gold TAA at least once a week. The only times I haven't is the times I actually want when he is in TOTW, TOTYN or TOTY. Can almost guarantee I'll pack his gold card again next week :pac:

Have done a load of the PL upgrades today. Best pulls so far are DSilva, Rodri, Mahrez, Gundongan, Kepa. If I keep getting City players then it's surely only a matter of time until I get TOTY De Bruyne right?

Just got Hazard from 83+ upgrade.
    Damn.. he's going into a SBC. Have moments Di Maria although Hazard would definitely be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They just released 3 Daily TOTY SBCs overnight, each with an expiration date one day longer than the last. They also said Trent's POTM won't be out until Monday despite POTMs always coming out on Friday. Slight worry that they're just packing up and doing nothing this weekend :o

EDIT: Okay yeah that was absolutely a mistake because they just changed the expiry on those SBCs from 1, 2, 2, and 3 days to 1 hour, 1 hour, and 4 hours.

EDIT 2: And now they've forgone those times and just expired them immediately :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They are gone now, when I was in the middle of trying lol.

As has been said, EA will fix a mistake in record time if the mistake benefits the community. Took them days to sort out the red player picks error.

Useless bunch of....

I managed to get one of them done. Luckily the English one using 9 Duplicates I'd just gotten from an Upgrade back. So I reckon we will see the other two released over the next few days.
    As has been said, EA will fix a mistake in record time if the mistake benefits the community. Took them days to sort out the red player picks error.

Of course, think it took my OTW Pepe about 36 hours to upgrade.

• Advertisement

What I don't understand at all is why BSilva sbc and leagues are in tab called players while in live you see players and upgrades and marquee match ups.

Why not move all players to players tab, upgrades to upgrades tab and marquee match ups and toty and random kits nobody wants into live tab.

I didn't even know there was Bernardo Silva sbc tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Selling all my highest rated cards.. Who should i be buying with a view to trading for profit with the new objectives being released soon?

in fairness its 2 completely different things.
    Its very simple to fix an SBC issue etc because all they need is to make a simple update in their gui/database and set it to expired or change the time etc.
    With something like rewards etc its a completely different thing. They need to know what went wrong, what users submitted the sbc, what rewards were given out, what was supposed to be the correct item etc so its a pretty significant data pull and update in their databases.
    Also depending on whether they're using oracle or sql they're limited to only a number of users at a time so it usually needs to be done in batches. I guarantee they're using oracle because this is how its they've been remedying previous errors.
    Also doing read/writes of this level into the database across multiple tables places a significant burden on the database and I imagine EA didn't invest enough in this to provide a stable environment while doing a full update of say the previous red pick error and would probably have to take it offline if they ever tried to do it altogether.

Also today marks 10 weeks since Milestone Politano was released and we still don't know how he gets upgraded

in fairness its 2 completely different things.
    Its very simple to fix an SBC issue etc because all they need is to make a simple update in their gui/database and set it to expired or change the time etc.
    With something like rewards etc its a completely different thing. They need to know what went wrong, what users submitted the sbc, what rewards were given out, what was supposed to be the correct item etc so its a pretty significant data pull and update in their databases.
    Also depending on whether they're using oracle or sql they're limited to only a number of users at a time so it usually needs to be done in batches. I guarantee they're using oracle because this is how its they've been remedying previous errors.
    Also doing read/writes of this level into the database across multiple tables places a significant burden on the database and I imagine EA didn't invest enough in this to provide a stable level while doing a full update of say the previous level and would probably have to take it offline if they ever tried to do it altogether.

Technicalities aside they could have just left the three non crucial sbc they accidently released alone. I bought two Lazio players just to complete one. It was 550 each so not big deal.

The rewards were not that big to pull it off the list after some platers completed them and some were in the middle of doing them

Now if it was an accidental Icon sbc with no requirement, then sure.

That's the point we are making.

Also they are making so many mistakes, but we only see the obvious ones. The packs and everything else that is part of the game should be looked at through this.

Maybe they released 100k packs with no toty included, but you wouldn't even know.

How would you?

Also today marks 10 weeks since Milestone Politano was released and we still don't know how he gets upgraded

Hold onto your reward for future upgrade opportunities.

Kind Regards,

EA :)

wonski wrote: »
    Hold onto your reward for future upgrade opportunities.

Kind Regards,

EA :)

in fairness they did give you an upgrade path...to Bernardo Silva :)
    I dumped my Politano into it for Silva to pair with CR7 :)

I'm gonna be doing Bernardo Silva if whatever SBC released at 6pm today is less interesting, need to get rid of this dupe Ronaldinho so I can open packs again :(

I'm gonna be doing Bernardo Silva if whatever SBC released at 6pm today is less interesting, need to get rid of this dupe Ronaldinho so I can open packs again :(

My heart bleeds for you. :pac:

in fairness they did give you an upgrade path...to Bernardo Silva :)
    I dumped my Politano into it for Silva to pair with CR7 :)

Hey, don't give them ideas ;)

That's what they come up with and get bonuses for :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6-8. Been ill today though so haven't been doing great.

Selling Ballack on. He's solid but at his price, I want a game changer. And he doesn't feel like one.

Might start the "Icon Crafting" thing though. Finding my motivation cratering again.

I am going to work towards 90 Henry, and no chance I would do it through objectives (even if he gets one).

Have tradeable one worth 500k and DeBruyne 93 who is selling for good money now.

Just need another 150k to buy Kante back, and will have to wait until his toty is out of packs as his regular card raised about 50k now from when I sold him.

Also noticed prices rise quite a lot at night time these days and drop during the day, used to be different or am I imagining things?

Not sure if I'm gonna bother with WL this weekend as TOTY is out of packs by the time rewards are out. Might just try my hand at some drafts so I can get the rewards right away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Debating whether to do the Silva or Luiz SBC!

Luiz will basically leave me broke but that Silva card would work very well in my prem team!!

I think I'll wait to see what happens at 6pm today or whenever the next icon swaps are out.

I'll be mostly using my German team for the WL this week to try get Gold 3 again :pac::(

wonski wrote: »
    I am going to work towards 90 Henry, and no chance I would do it through objectives (even if he gets one).

Have tradeable one worth 500k and DeBruyne 93 who is selling for good money now.

Just need another 150k to buy Kante back, and will have to wait until his toty is out of packs as his regular card raised about 50k now from when I sold him.

Also noticed prices rise quite a lot at night time these days and drop during the day, used to be different or am I imagining things?

I just got him and have my doubts about Futbin accuracy.

3 stars skills on the app, 4 stars on futbin.

Well that's confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

wonski wrote:
    3 stars skills on the app, 4 stars on futbin.

Just checked a few of my players on app. I'd say it's a bug. All my 5* skillers are showing as 4 star at the moment on app.

Just have Shefield United and Norwich left to do in my current run through of the PL SBC.

Futbin has them as 15k and 12k respectively.

They are ****ing not. Both require multiple silvers, and it's listing some at 2k, when they are nearly all at 7k. I know they're going for BIN prices and snipes, but both will be double that.

Sigh. I'm probably going to bite the bullet so I can rinse through the others again. But I'm annoyed at how poor my pack luck is doing this :/

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just checked a few of my players on app. I'd say it's a bug. All my 5* skillers are showing as 4 star at the moment on app.

Yeah, I don't know who to trust.

Maybe they downgraded all of them accidentally?

They can do whatever they want anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Done about 20 of the PL upgrades + premium upgrades and then completed the advanced hybrid leagues + nation SBC, sweet **** all in them. Handful of 84s and that’s about it... gonna keep going and recycle everything into a base icon SBC. After that, I’ll think about doing swaps as I cba at all :pac:

• Advertisement

6 new Icon swap tokens out.

Loan TOTY Ronaldo objective, and a TOTY Zieych objective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement