Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That Marcelo card is really annoying me, it's supposed to be a TOTY Flashback but they've given him less of an upgrade than other non-TOTY Flashback cards.

tjmmJMO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

That Marcelo card is really annoying me, it's supposed to be a TOTY Flashback but they've given him less of an upgrade than other non-TOTY Flashback cards.

tjmmJMO.jpg

I'm fairly annoyed with it, but I'm going to end up doing it. After getting Varane in my red picks so I really just need him for chem and would rather not use the base card. Really wish I did Mendy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm really glad I did that Tagliafico objective. He's been a star.
    Marcel's flashback is an absolute joke. That card should have been 90 at least if not 92.

:p

PL Upgrade pack number one hundred and something

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm going to stop doing the PL Upgr.....
    :p

PL Upgrade pack number one hundred and something

giphy.gif

.....going to keep rinsing my club through the PL upgrades...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »

You are not him ;)

:P

You can basically double your packs through recycling these. I put together 15 PL Packs and kept track of them, they turned into 20 PL Packs, 19 PL 3 Player Packs, and 4 83+ Packs.

:P

You can basically double your packs through recycling these. I put together 15 PL Packs and kept track of them, they turned into 20 PL Packs, 19 PL 3 Player Packs, and 4 83+ Packs.

Yeah, I'd say I'll be running out of them being sustainably recyclable soon, but I'm going to get the PL League SBC 90% done again, and then start recycling the PL cards too (I'll leave Norwich and Shef. United unfinished and do them if/when another player ias added to it).

Are the 83+ packs worth it? I've not been bothering with them, cause with my luck, I know I'll get an 83 back for 11 82s....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Crazy expensive Hazard SBC up now. Won’t be touching that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Crazy expensive Hazard SBC up now. Won’t be touching that anyway

No expiry on it, might be worth chipping away as it’s pretty much an end game card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

No expiry on it, might be worth chipping away as it’s pretty much an end game card.

Can’t see them leaving it as no expiry, I’d say it was a mistake, if they leave it I’ll chip away at it.

They can expire it whenever they feel like ;)

Joking aside too early for me.

Lovely looking card, though.

Are the 83+ packs worth it? I've not been bothering with them, cause with my luck, I know I'll get an 83 back for 11 82s....

They're terrible really but there's not much else to put your untradeable 81-83 rated prems into, and if you're doing a lot of these packs you'll be getting a lot of duplicates.

Has anyone used hazard this year? Absolutely loved his potm last year and eventually replaced it with his tots.
    Seeing people on reddit saying he’s not great this year.

I know there’s a loan option which I’ll try but need to get rid of the IF Maddison duplicate so I can open more packs and if not putting him into hazard sbc he’s just going into the last part of the luiz sbc as an 84 card.

If he was an icon, I'd be thrilled getting a player of those stats. But over 1m coins for a player I won't be able to chem in anywhere is rough :/

Half of the Hazard SBC is untradeables..you just know EA will dump the transfer market in the next 1-2 versions of fifa.

Blazer wrote: »
    Half of the Hazard SBC is untradeables..you just know EA will dump the transfer market in the next 1-2 versions of fifa.

That will be me done.

I don't do much anyway these days. But the joys of building coin balance at the start is what keeps me going for months. Remove it and I have nothing to play for. I am obviously aware of how poor the packs and rewards are and would never have Mbappe and the likes without the transfer market.

I'd actually be curious how I'd get on doing a pure RTG team if they did dump it. Wouldn't drop my customary €50 in the starting week, and I'd say I'd get bored quicker, but I'd be mildly curious starting off.

It might encourage more diverse teams.

Ah decided against it for now anyway as I’d have to change too much to get him in team.

Ea, if you want to give me a toty kdb like osmosis we can talk again about hazard

Loan version of him only needs an 80 rated team so grabbing that for Friendlies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Perhaps they’re just trialling the creation of two separate versions of FUT in anticipation of certain countries banning the premise of “artificial” markets in video games and how you can access them with real world currency. Like any player from a country who can buy FIFA Points will inherently have an advantage over those who can’t and if enough countries ban the sale of them then it could potentially create a lopsided FUT Market if the two types of market aren’t separated.

Like anybody who got the game at Xmas is not only handicapped by how far ahead other players are, but they also have less capacity to pack cards that can be exchanged for FUT coins and build their team that way. So perhaps they’re going to use the second season player activity as a kind of litmus test to see how it works with reduced means of accumulating FUT coins.

One things for sure, if they phase out FUT Coins they’ll have to significantly alter pack weights or significantly increase the amount of packs/cards rewarded. I shudder to think of the team I’d have from packs only and how quickly I’d have abandoned the game mode after a few weeks of faffing about with a mish mash of 80 rated players.

It's not the market that is a problem here.

It's the fifa points and the fact they can't be trusted to be honest about the probability in packs etc. Not to mention all other crap they do, or don't.

I actually miss non fut times playing against other people with no advantages or disadvantages. Boring? Maybe. Fair? Yes.

Bring us a great game that I can play whenever I want without grinding for icons or cards that EA promised to be upgraded and forgot, and I won't even complain.

I seriously don't care about the whole seasons etc any more. 80% of my game time are friendlies. I can't stand Rivals for obvious reason. I don't want to do fut champions because I bought the game to entertain me, not to be stressed about it. So there is literally no reason for me to grind any of the modes available at all.

And I can see many of the people I have on my friends list that used to play Fifa a lot that just gave up. There are two or three die hards who would probably play it even if there was an entry fee of 1 euro per game :) And that's the EA target.

Sigh, packed IF Grelish again. Seems a massive waste to dump him into a random SBC, so might see if there's any cheap one to drop him in that gives a player, like the French POTM one.

Tempted....

499774.jpg

I seriously give up.

Didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but this card looks really nice

596c1c13341287f9ced4670561641eb9.png

Sigh, packed IF Grelish again. Seems a massive waste to dump him into a random SBC, so might see if there's any cheap one to drop him in that gives a player, like the French POTM one.

Haha I did that French potm one earlier rather than discard an IF because I thought “I’ll use him in ligue 1 first owners”
    Went to create a ligue 1 team then and realized I already had Futmas mendes and Futmas Renato sanches for centre mid so the new guy didn’t even make that team.

With basic, he's a 94 CAM, 93 CM, and green in every single position.

Gets home, pours a drink, boots up fifa and looks like an easy game for me.
    Exactly 2 mins game time into the match Hierro does another stupid tackle and gets sent off,
    Time for a shower while the game plays away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

My god lads,David Luiz is unreal!!

I’ve only played s handful of games with him using him as a cdm, but he’s got it all so far!! Sideshow Bob FTW!!

• Advertisement

I've never had half this many coins in previous FIFAs but I've currently got this untradeable team with 5m to upgrade, no idea what to do, might try to get Eusebio :p

team.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement