Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I've never had half this many coins in previous FIFAs but I've currently got this untradeable team with 5m to upgrade, no idea what to do, might try to get Eusebio :p

team.png

It’s almost as if there’s a modifier relating to the user account when it comes to pack “weight” :pac:

My main gripe with the game isn’t anything to do with packs and pack weight and who trading or points favours etc etc. It’s that it’s not skill based.

Gameplay is predicated on far too short a list of possible scenarios for each portion of play, not to mention the wildly swinging AI influence. Would a true football “sim” be to everyone’s taste? Not at all. But this is just far too arcadey, especially when the main game modes (DR & WL) are sold as a way to measure player “skill”.

For example, WL isn’t going great for me this week (13-8) and doesn’t suffer from as much AI “game flow” as DR, but it’s still hilarious at times. In two separate matches this morning I benefitted from the AI correcting my mistake for me. It happens tonnes of times per game for everyone with regards off the ball stuff and other fairly benign unnoticeable aspects of play but this was in a really obvious manner. Twice I was through down the byline and had an open man to cross to in the centre of the goal. A regular cross in this scenario gets plucked by the goalkeeper at the near post every single time because you’re crossing from too close to the byline and he’s already in front of your receiving forward. The go to move is the driven cross smashed across goal because it takes the goalkeeper out of the game and leaves your forward with a tap-in. Now I rarely cross so when faced with these type of scenarios I just hit a regular cross before I think to correct myself so the goalkeeper should’ve grabbed these and my opponent survived. But fortunately for me the AI caught my mistake and smashed the cross across goal anyway where the ball had one of those unnatural looking trajectories, as if it’s somehow gaining acceleration the further it travels, and I scored both times.

Part of me also feels that the players at both ends of these moves matters hugely too. Both times it was CR7 waiting for the tap-in from Neymar but I’ve noticed an uncanny number of times how poor first touches, from Messi for example, will be retained with the bobble challenge going his way where the poor 79 rated schmuck will suffer the ignominy of the ball running through his legs or something else despite him doing everything correctly.

*all evidence anecdotal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

And.......another red card for Heirro.. stupid frakker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did the marquee matchups and marquee moments. No totys but did get an 84 rated in form and Aubamayang who I sold for 85k.

Did a load more 3 player and premium premier league upgrades. Again no totys but got a lot of good sbc fodder and Salah in my last pack so can't complain.

Have 300k plus my mid Barnes still to sell so could definitely get toty TAA in a few weeks but I'd love to try and get that Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Did the marquee matchups and marquee moments. No totys but did get an 84 rated in form and Aubamayang who I sold for 85k.

Did a load more 3 player and premium premier league upgrades. Again no totys but got a lot of good sbc fodder and Salah in my last pack so can't complain.

Have 300k plus my mid Barnes still to sell so could definitely get toty TAA in a few weeks but I'd love to try and get that Mane.

I’m the same.. aiming for TAA but Mane would be even better. Gonna grind out a few more PL upgrades + premium upgrades/83+ and see what I get out of it. @EA - I’ll also take a KDB/Kante please. ;)

Yeah, that didn’t work. About 20 more upgrades complete today and all I got was duplicate Deulofeu and Grealish.. ended up completing the French POTM + putting Grealish into an 83+ upgrade :pac: think that’s me done for this year... not looking likely I’ll get a TOTY. The wait goes on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lads I've read somewhere last year that you have a far higher chance at packing a card if you already have it....

I've packed Untradable Messi twice in the last two weeks. One from La Liga player challenges, and the other a gold upgrade (my best SBC for high rated cards).

Packed Untradable KDB 3 times too..... It's great for SBCs as a Messi surrounded by gold 83s will do complete most of them for ya

Rinsing through the club with the PL & Premium PL upgrades and I’ve pulled zilch. Going to leave myself broke at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah, that didn’t work. About 20 more upgrades complete today and all I got was duplicate Deulofeu and Grealish.. ended up completing the French POTM + putting Grealish into an 83+ upgrade :pac: think that’s me done for this year... not looking likely I’ll get a TOTY. The wait goes on!

Haha yeah I had to use Madison and grealish IF’s as regular 84’s just to get rid as have no more sbc’s to do requiring IF’s.

I say I’m done, then I come on here or reddit and see someone packing kdb, vvd etc and it triggers me to go do more.
    It’s the time it takes to prepare them that kills me, as imanoob said, if you could just auto populate them it’d be great :D

I also have the prem league sbc done twice now too so can’t really keep using the players in that but I will try a few more.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Lads I've read somewhere last year that you have a far higher chance at packing a card if you already have it....

I've packed Untradable Messi twice in the last two weeks. One from La Liga player challenges, and the other a gold upgrade (my best SBC for high rated cards).

Packed Untradable KDB 3 times too..... It's great for SBCs as a Messi surrounded by gold 83s will do complete most of them for ya

I packed kante 3 times this year, 2 of them were in the space of 3 packs, thankfully 2 of the 3 were tradeable so I could sell.

If I could get him once more before Tuesday 6pm I’d be delighted.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha yeah I had to use Madison and grealish IF’s as regular 84’s just to get rid as have no more sbc’s to do requiring IF’s.

I say I’m done, then I come on here or reddit and see someone packing kdb, vvd etc and it triggers me to go do more.
    It’s the time it takes to prepare them that kills me, as imanoob said, if you could just auto populate them it’d be great :D

I also have the prem league sbc done twice now too so can’t really keep using the players in that but I will try a few more.

I’m the exact same... say I’m out and stop rinsing my club, then I see someone packing a blue from any of the upgrades and I’m sucked back in :pac: it’s a vicious cycle for some blue pixels on my screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Played a few games with TOTY Allison and to be honest I wouldn't be that keen on him.

No better than gold ederson I've found.

He's also cost me two goals be running way out of his box to get onto a ball over the top and totally screwing up his header and it dropping to the other striker with an open goal.

Neither time did I call him out.

If anyone comes up against him give it a try a few times, we loves flying out to play sweaper keeper.

Wonder will we get that pogba sbc at all?

I thought yesterday the no expiry on hazard was an error but if they added say pogba, with no expiry and then ibra or lewa it means the high rated fodder will always have a purpose, so they rise and then bam, 2 or 3 weeks time we get the mid icon sbc and everyone rinses it with high cards which now cost a lot more.

Makes sense!
    Just give me me Pogba sbc :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Rinsing through the club with the PL & Premium PL upgrades and I’ve pulled zilch. Going to leave myself broke at this rate

I’m takin that attitude of...what else am I goin to do with all these 75-79 rated golds?

They’re all pretty much useless so I may as well flush them from my club. At least the worthless 80-82 cards might be useable in SBCs down the line. This is the best chance I’ll ever get to make something for the non rates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Obviously I'm biased because I actually got a TOTY but the way I see it it's really not particularly hard to come by coins this year, might as well use them during TOTY as there's no other week until May where you can potentially pull players this good.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m takin that attitude of...what else am I goin to do with all these 75-79 rated golds?

They’re all pretty much useless so I may as well flush them from my club. At least the worthless 80-82 cards might be useable in SBCs down the line. This is the best chance I’ll ever get to make something for the non rates though.

You doing anything with 81-83 rated dupes though? Not that you get loads of them but I feel like I should be doing something more than just turfing them into the premium PL upgrade.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    You doing anything with 81-83 rated dupes though? Not that you get loads of them but I feel like I should be doing something more than just turfing them into the premium PL upgrade.

Not really. I've just thrown duplicates back into the Premium PL upgrade, because I usually can't hoarde multiple duplicates to put them into the 83+ one.

Doing the League SBC helped originally, but I've done it basically three times now and am not finishing it the third time, so everything is just going back where it came into the upgrade ones.

Not really. I've just thrown duplicates back into the Premium PL upgrade, because I usually can't hoarde multiple duplicates to put them into the 83+ one.

Doing the League SBC helped originally, but I've done it basically three times now and am not finishing it the third time, so everything is just going back where it came into the upgrade ones.

I didn’t even think of putting them into the PL SBC :pac: just rinsed em through upgrades. Might’ve been better doing the league SBC and getting decent packs back

No toty but did manage to get De Gea, Aguero and Kane from upgrade packs.
    Will do for a nice flashback card or SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Icon swaps online is annoying......... Did the Premier League one no problem, but the Italian league and French league ones are annoying when you constantly come up against players with their best teams out.....I am determined to get Socrates............

Man, I've come to hate Traore this weekend. Every second game, he was tearing me apart.

Ended 14-11. Shame I had such a poor Friday, might have gotten the 17. But I'm not pushing tonight.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Wonder will we get that pogba sbc at all?

I thought yesterday the no expiry on hazard was an error but if they added say pogba, with no expiry and then ibra or lewa it means the high rated fodder will always have a purpose, so they rise and then bam, 2 or 3 weeks time we get the mid icon sbc and everyone rinses it with high cards which now cost a lot more.

Makes sense!
    Just give me me Pogba sbc :)

Actually just thought, the fact they’ve renamed the league sbc section “players” and added hazard in there makes me think it’s certain they will add more high rated players with no expiry for us to work on (keep people engaged between now and tots and keep high rated fodder high in price)

I find it incredible they dropped Icon SBCs, and have now basically added them back, but instead of icons, it's "just" Hazard, Pogba, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I find it incredible they dropped Icon SBCs, and have now basically added them back, but instead of icons, it's "just" Hazard, Pogba, etc.

The sole reason for removing Icon SBCs was to encourage FP spending as the only way to get top Icons, everything else they say is just spin.

My weekend will end on 19 wins, was flying today but fell one win short.

As for the upgrade packs.....IF Deolufeu.......that’s it. Submitting the packs too takes forever on the app, wasted so much time at it :o

Did 8 and had about 18 games left and said to hell with it. Couldn’t face playing the rest of the night on it.

btw lads, 83s and 84s + other fodder is so low atm. Worth club stocking rn as 83s can be gotten for <2k and 84s <3.5k. I’ve already stocked up on my usuals - Draxler, Gueye, Talisca, Oscar, Pizzi, Bartra.

I haven’t been opening silver packs really apart from the odd MM reward here and there, so to finish the PL Player SBC it’s going to cost a fortune to buy a Sheffield United team :o

Another 20 upgrades done today... finally something worth over 20k - Son from a regular PL upgrade!

Club is absolutely rinsed and don’t fancy paying >800 coins for rares to continue, so that will hopefully be it for this year! Hope I won’t get sucked back in tomorrow... if not, the wait for a TOTY goes on another year :pac:

Reckon my total packs count for this weekend is over 200+ including saved packs. A lot of fun but an empty club and not too much to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

First ever TOTY packed and it’s Kante, was the rare in a 3 PL player pack

I had been trolled so many times by the blue flares of dud UCL players it took me a second for it to finally click who it was

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    First ever TOTY packed and it’s Kante, was the rare in a 3 PL player pack

I had been trolled so many times by the blue flares of dud UCL players it took me a second for it to finally click who it was

Nice...you’ll find his card is great fun to play with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement