Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

You know how you tubers record themselves opening packs? Well here’s actual footage of me last night when I packed “Toty Mbappe”

06-A59894-F061-48-CB-917-A-1810241-E834-F.jpg

My mbappe was in fact ucl benzema :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's more than twice the amount of coins I've ever spent on a player, wasn't easy parting way with them but all year I've heard nothing but incredible praise for this lad.

PqSw9pt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say I'll be running out of them being sustainably recyclable soon, but I'm going to get the PL League SBC 90% done again, and then start recycling the PL cards too (I'll leave Norwich and Shef. United unfinished and do them if/when another player ias added to it).

I'm doing the same. Have just City left to do but holding off. Although was looking and it was July last year before they released the third player for th ePL SBC which was Lanzini so even though Foyth & Meyer are useless to me I might just get Foyth so I can start doing it again for packs.
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I shudder to think of the team I’d have from packs only and how quickly I’d have abandoned the game mode after a few weeks of faffing about with a mish mash of 80 rated players.

Was looking there and of my starting XI I've only bought 2. The rest were either packed or SBC / Objective. Now it's a bang average team, I tend to just play with players I like playing with rather than the best possible available. For example I actually prefer using Milestone Trossard over Prime Barnes but Barnes gets me Tagliafico on full chem. Nesta I could easily improve on but he was one of my fav players years ago so I just use him.

Pepe & Pereira the only two I've bought:

499887.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Trossard makes for a great cam. He’s like a little Rottweiler in midfield and makes for a great impact sub.

Now that TOTY is done and I don't need to think about doing WL and Rivals to get packs saved up I'm gonna start going for all the objectives, Politano's still the only Milestone player I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

btw lads, 83s and 84s + other fodder is so low atm. Worth club stocking rn as 83s can be gotten for <2k and 84s <3.5k. I’ve already stocked up on my usuals - Draxler, Gueye, Talisca, Oscar, Pizzi, Bartra.

When to sell?

Bought up quantities of above mentioned players this morning too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Best cards I have pulled this year so far is Gold Rare Neur and Llorris, apart from that the best I pulled is 84's rare gold. My pack luck is non existant this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

When to sell?

Bought up quantities of above mentioned players this morning too.

When a decent SBC comes out, pretty much. Rumour has it that Future Stars promo is this weekend and if so, might see a nice rise in them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now that TOTY is done and I don't need to think about doing WL and Rivals to get packs saved up I'm gonna start going for all the objectives, Politano's still the only Milestone player I have.

I'm thrilled to get an excuse to bust out my Dutch lads again, going for that Zieych. Trying to get the online Icon ones done at the same time, so 9 PL players, with Malen and Bergwyn up front :)

I'm thrilled to get an excuse to bust out my Dutch lads again, going for that Zieych. Trying to get the online Icon ones done at the same time, so 9 PL players, with Malen and Bergwyn up front :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to using some old SBC players I haven't touched in a while, I did every Ligue 1 player from FUTMAS so that objective will be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Done a few more upgrade packs this morning.......still nothing :o

Not even sure why I’m doing it at all actually. I don’t even run a PL team but there’s a higher chance of getting a TOTY out of them than endlessly pulling no name Ligue 1 cards I guess.

Completed it there last night... 100% use his loan card, it helps a lot. Unreal card too... going to try fit him in a squad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Malen IF is still a great card this far into fifa isn’t it! I got him Friday as soon as I seen the objectives and he’s been banging them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I was doing that. Throwing OTW Promes & Loan Ziyech on at HT but found it was affecting my play as was looking for them the whole time. So just threw an Eredivisie side together with what was in my club. Nowhere near as good of a team but means I'm playing normally.

I realised I was doing this after I played some guy who went 1-0 and immediately brought on Promes. Then all he wanted to do was get the ball to Promes to score and it made him really easy to defend as I could just shadow him around the edge of the box and I knew he wasn't going to pass so he just kept shooting through a back box form distance and I ended up routing him 5-2 or something.

Also was drawing 2-2- with someone and like 84th minute I broke from his corner and lob through ball from Ziyech over the top to Promes who was 1-on-1 and your man disconnects rather than let me get the objective :rolleyes:

Stupid ucl cards. Last two upgrade packs and I get the flares but then I see the 2 lights so know it’s just those.
    EA are just taking the piss having those cards. I just don’t get the point of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This is my premiership team I'm using at the minute. They're all first owned too (which I love).

David Luis moves into the CDM and Pogba pushes up to CAM in a 4231 formation.

I would love to get a more prolific striker in and may grind out to get Essien to replace Fabinho.

21-FB8-BBA-5-C96-4057-B161-00147576-A9-F3.jpg

Blazer wrote: »
    Stupid ucl cards. Last two upgrade packs and I get the flares but then I see the 2 lights so know it’s just those.
    EA are just taking the piss having those cards. I just don’t get the point of them.

On mobile app as well, UCLs actually come up ahead of TOTYs :pac: don’t know if that’s been fixed or not, but that was an issue a day or two ago

This is my team now, haven't actually played with it yet and probably won't for a while because I'm going for objectives now, all First Owner except for Eusebio

Starting formation:

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-08-34-04.png

In game:

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-08-34-38.png

On mobile app as well, UCLs actually come up ahead of TOTYs :pac: don’t know if that’s been fixed or not, but that was an issue a day or two ago

Does anyone know if the confetti splash on the app is a different colour for TOTY than UCL's?

Everytime I see the blue & turquoise confetti I don't know whether to get excited or not about my 52nd UCL Aurier.

I'd believe the UCL before TOTY thing as well, the only special card I've pulled was IF Deulofeu but it was a low-rated UCL that splashed.

On console the flairs for UCL and TOTY are basically identical, but the walls of the tunnel that light up just after that are different.

• Advertisement

TAA POTM SBC is one 85 & one 86 squad with one TOTW each.

No interest myself but seems reasonably priced for an 88 card, albeit RB.

This is my team now, haven't actually played with it yet and probably won't for a while because I'm going for objectives now, all First Owner except for Eusebio

Starting formation:

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-08-34-04.png

In game:

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-08-34-38.png

Nice!! How are you finding Essien?
    TAA POTM SBC is one 85 & one 86 squad with one TOTW each.

No interest myself but seems reasonably priced for an 88 card, albeit RB.

I'm in the market for a PL RB, I might be tempted doing this!! How much would this cost roughly? 120K??

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Nice!! How are you finding Essien?

Essien's a star, have him a month now and have no desire to replace him, he's the main reason I can play with 5 attackers and leave the midfield defending to him alone.

Mr Moon wrote: »

I'm in the market for a PL RB, I might be tempted doing this!! How much would this cost roughly? 120K??

I'm terrible at guessing where prices will settle but I'd imagine a bit more than that, 150-170k if you had to buy every single card would be my estimate. Especially with the amount of PL cards on the market at the moment from pack upgrades.

I'm terrible at guessing where prices will settle but I'd imagine a bit more than that, 150-170k if you had to buy every single card would be my estimate. Especially with the amount of PL cards on the market at the moment from pack upgrades.

I have a load of cards saved 83-85 rated.

Have 2 IF Grealish's too so, they'll be used for the SBC.

It’s about 230k.
    Screw that.

Anyone got any opinions on introducing that SBC David Luiz into this team replacing NIF Varane? Would it add too many red links do you reckon or be a risk taking CB's & GK off full chem?

I'm getting more and more jaded with the game and in that vein I decided to sell Base Best on Friday and one or two others to buy Messi, completely emptying me of coins. This David Luiz would be more of that in so far as I can complete it without buying a card but it would strip me of a lot of the high rated tradeables I have, leaving me with little way to raise coins in the future.

TLDR: I guess what I'm saying is, I'm reaching the point where I'm done with trading and making coins so my team will be sticking pretty much as it is right now and is this FB David Luiz a good idea for long term team?

DL.png

RV.png

You won’t lose much chem at all.
    Ter Stegen is still 95+ for everything while anchor on Luiz still gives you a 94 rated CB

I played with VVD in drafts last night and he’s unreal.
    The best description I saw of him was on reddit where one guy said basically he has a force field around him while his toty card has about 10times the force field,

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s about 230k.
    Screw that.

Ah here!! I'll see what I have in the club but I won't be spending big money on it!!
    Anyone got any opinions on introducing that SBC David Luiz into this team replacing NIF Varane? Would it add too many red links do you reckon or be a risk taking CB's & GK off full chem?

I'm getting more and more jaded with the game and in that vein I decided to sell Base Best on Friday and one or two others to buy Messi, completely emptying me of coins. This David Luiz would be more of that in so far as I can complete it without buying a card but it would strip me of a lot of the high rated tradeables I have, leaving me with little way to raise coins in the future.

TLDR: I guess what I'm saying is, I'm reaching the point where I'm done with trading and making coins so my team will be sticking pretty much as it is right now and is this FB David Luiz a good idea for long term team?

DL.png

RV.png

You could try going for 5 at the back maybe put Militao in there??

Or a Brazillian manager with a La Liga league assigned to him (can't think if there is any wihtout applying a card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Malen IF is still a great card this far into fifa isn’t it! I got him Friday as soon as I seen the objectives and he’s been banging them in.

He’s so agile and quick, and makes great runs.

Got all the Dutch specific objectives done when doing the PL bit for the Icon, thanks to him banging in goals and getting assists. Only picked up three goals with midfielders in the process though so that will take priority when I’m building my Italian league team.

Have also decided to spread out the Squad battle ones a bit too. Did three today when I was doing work. Finding it’s easier to do it against legendary difficulty than world class though, cause it doesn’t park the bus as quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement