Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He’s so agile and quick, and makes great runs.

Got all the Dutch specific objectives done when doing the PL bit for the Icon, thanks to him banging in goals and getting assists. Only picked up three goals with midfielders in the process though so that will take priority when I’m building my Italian league team.

Have also decided to spread out the Squad battle ones a bit too. Did three today when I was doing work. Finding it’s easier to do it against legendary difficulty than world class though, cause it doesn’t park the bus as quick.

I just have 2 more wins needed with the Dutch league, have everything else done thanks to malen.

Oh quick tip on the midfielder one, change your lw and rw players to lm or rm and they count as midfielders, I did that with IF mbappe and got in completed in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Links like Gedson Fernandes is going to sign for Spurs.
    If Sours win their 1st leg he’d go to 84 and if they went through he’d be 86 rated. Another monster card :)

He has signed.

Ben yedder nominated for potm again, I love his card so much I’d probably do the sbc even though I have his otw (untradeable).
    Just so I could use the 88 card Incase his otw never goes past that.

He’s So clinical it’s insane!
    Checked his stats there and for me he has
    Played 601
    Goals 577
    Assists 410

Unbelievable player!! Prefer him over Ronaldo

https://twitter.com/helmardesigns/status/1216792500104503296?s=21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    If Sours win their 1st leg he’d go to 84 and if they went through he’d be 86 rated. Another monster card :)

He has signed.

I think I read that because he was transfered, the card locks at his current level and won't increase no matter what Spurs do.

If he does, then he's going to have been monster value for the 10k....

I think I read that because he was transfered, the card locks at his current level and won't increase no matter what Spurs do.

No it becomes a ucl card this year around.

• Advertisement

Because he’s going to Spurs who are still in the CL his card turns into a ucl card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That’ll be the Marcos Alonso SBC of last year if it does happen! He’ll be a monster card if Spurs go through/win first leg.

That’ll be the Marcos Alonso SBC of last year if it does happen! He’ll be a monster card if Spurs go through/win first leg.

Only problem is they’re facing a really tough match.

Only problem is they’re facing a really tough match.

Oh yeah, 100%. It’ll be a win/win anyway for anyone that also owns RTTF Konate.

That’s awesome.

Will he switch to Spurs too? Be awesome to have another Portuguese link with Silva and Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

That’s awesome.

Will he switch to Spurs too? Be awesome to have another Portuguese link with Silva and Ronaldo.

Yeah he has to.

Good explanation here on winter upgrades

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/eo5q54/a_guide_to_the_winter_refresh_and_how_it_affects/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Also, if anyone runs a bundesliga team and was on the fence about Werner potm sbc, he should get a +2 upgrade
    The sbc expires in a couple of days.

Had been tempted to grab Haland before as a super sub, but never got round to it. But I see this, and it tempts me...

Håland is currently 79 rated on Sofifa, which would be enough to trigger a massive upgrade of +6 to all of his special cards. His 79 IF would become 85, his 82 SIF would become 88, and his 84 TOTGS would become 90. Unfortunately all of them would still be Salzburg cards and not Dortmund cards, but what makes this interesting is whether or not EA releases his upcoming winter OTW as a equal to his 84 TOTGs or just the winter NIF. Last year they let Batshuayi's OTW equal his IF rather than the NIF but in previous years the OTW always started out equal to the winter NIF. If Håland's Dortmund OTW starts out as 84 rated and he receives a 79 rated winter NIF then the Dortmund OTW would jump to 90 rated.

Other notable predictions...

Vardy POTM likely to get boosted to 88.
    Zieych possibly getting a +1 to all his special cards (which is interesting given current objectives).
    Outside chance of OTW Promes getting an upgrade IF his pace gets a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

He has signed.

I saw a rumour few weeks ago that he was going to United. Pity he didn't, as I'd fancy United to progress further in the EL than Spurs in the UCL. He'd rise to 89 by winning either comp I think. Not bad for a 10k SBC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I didn’t do the OTW Promes SBC first time around way back at release but did the repeat at Xmas. Only getting around to finally trying him now for the Eredivise obj and he’s so much fun. His dribbling just feels way smoother than a card his rating should have. Can see now why you made a Dutch team LT

Put about 90k into my final batch of prem upgrades, first time I put coins into it. Return was 10 premium PL upgrades - David Silva and DDG my returns. Officially the end of upgrades for me now! No TOTY, fair bit of fodder and stacked on prem players.

Guess it’s time to trade to a TOTY instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Finished off TOTY with an Allison

I know I should be grateful but my heart literally sank when I seen the Brazil flag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Finished off TOTY with an Allison

I know I should be grateful but my heart literally sank when I seen the Brazil flag

used him for a few games now and dont like him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If ever i needed proof that gameflow and FIFA evening out abilities in game is real doing the Objectives for Ziyech proved it. Was using the below team and have been absolutely destroying opponents with much better teams. Last one I played last night the guy had TOTY Robertson, TOTGS De Bruyne & Son, Scream Aguero, FUTMAS De Gea etc. and I absolutely whacked him. My crappy silver LB playing at RB dominated Son all game, De Bruyne could barely pass the ball 5 yards etc. Can't imagine how frustrated the other guy was.

499990.JPG
    Had been tempted to grab Haland before as a super sub, but never got round to it. But I see this, and it tempts me...

Håland is currently 79 rated on Sofifa, which would be enough to trigger a massive upgrade of +6 to all of his special cards. His 79 IF would become 85, his 82 SIF would become 88, and his 84 TOTGS would become 90.

Other notable predictions...

Vardy POTM likely to get boosted to 88.
    Zieych possibly getting a +1 to all his special cards (which is interesting given current objectives).
    Outside chance of OTW Promes getting an upgrade IF his pace gets a boost.

All of the above would be very welcome. I packed the Haaland TOTGS card but it's pretty useless as is, if it got a jump to 90 it would be a great super sub.

+2 increase to Vardy would also be gladly accepted.

Ziyech going to 91 would also be brilliant. I used his loan card to get the NED objectives for his Moments card and it is brilliant. Finesse shots from inside 25 yards are just goals. At the moment he will be a sub but might try get him in on full chem using icons, Promes & Tagliafico.

Promes is already a super sub so a bump would be great.
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I didn’t do the OTW Promes SBC first time around way back at release but did the repeat at Xmas. Only getting around to finally trying him now for the Eredivise obj and he’s so much fun. His dribbling just feels way smoother than a card his rating should have. Can see now why you made a Dutch team LT

I found this as well. I am not a great dribbler and I know about 3 skill moves which I use maybe twice a game total but even just changing direction with the analog stick with him is extremely sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    used him for a few games now and dont like him to be honest.

Yeah I had read some negative things about him, I'm gonna concede goals no matter who is in nets so he'll do fine

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Yeah I had read some negative things about him, I'm gonna concede goals no matter who is in nets so he'll do fine

Can’t be any worse than De Gea , that’s for sure.

Can’t be any worse than De Gea , that’s for sure.

100%. DDG is one of the worst GKs I’ve used on the game - both his regular gold and futmas card. Actually found Alisson’s gold card pretty decent but still, no one comes close to Ter-Stegen. Best GK in the game by a mile.

Nice. A rare gold pack from hitting Level 12 just netted me an untradeable Aubamyang. Meaning I’ve packed him, Salah and Agureo now, all untradeable. Know none are special but still nice to have a collection of the higher rated rare strikers from the PL.

When the pack was opening, I didn’t have a clue what flag it was though. “Yellow, blue and green? What country is that, and how do they have a walkout....striker...Arsenal....OOOOOH!”

100%. DDG is one of the worst GKs I’ve used on the game - both his regular gold and futmas card. Actually found Alisson’s gold card pretty decent but still, no one comes close to Ter-Stegen. Best GK in the game by a mile.

I’m thinking of going for Campbell over Zambrotta and dumping futmas De Gea then for Ter Stegen who’s miles better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Went looking for IF Malen last night, 30k a pop and they were being snapped up. I'll have to grind it out with just his gold card.

I’m thinking of going for Campbell over Zambrotta and dumping futmas De Gea then for Ter Stegen who’s miles better.

Not a bad idea tbf. I just use Lenglet and Umtitti as my CB pairing in every squad so I never have to get rid of Ter Stegen :pac:

Also, not sure if anyone uses it, but there’s a website called futalert and when you sign up for an account, you get access to a free feature called “my portfolio”. It essentially allows you to keep track of your investments and total profit on each card you’ve invested in. Really handy for when you go big on a couple cards and apparently the prices are more accurate/up-to-date compared to futbin.

New patch out. From the notes it looks like they've reduced the likelihood of hitting the post from inside the box. No more finessing the ball onto the far post 5 times a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone uninspired by the latest series of icon swaps? I'm thinking of going for the mid-pack, I'm set for my wide positions for the year I'd imagine, and strong enough at CB. I'd be looking to replace either Mata or Modric I'd say and even Baby Ronny for 21 tokens or something doesn't look much better than Mata. Koeman actually looks tempting, starting in a 541 and moving him up into holding midfield maybe.

hots wrote: »
    Anyone uninspired by the latest series of icon swaps? I'm thinking of going for the mid-pack, I'm set for my wide positions for the year I'd imagine, and strong enough at CB. I'd be looking to replace either Mata or Modric I'd say and even Baby Ronny for 21 tokens or something doesn't look much better than Mata. Koeman actually looks tempting, starting in a 541 and moving him up into holding midfield maybe.

Oh massively underwhelming! The only one halfways attractive is 89 Ronaldinho but I already have 91 Hagi from the last swaps and FB Mata so I don't actually need him as CAM.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »

Agree. I’m not going to break a sweat doing them this time round.. Zambrotta will prob be as far as I go, otherwise I’ll settle for Hierro or one of Raul/Koeman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement