Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Oh massively underwhelming! The only one halfways attractive is 89 Ronaldinho but I already have 91 Hagi from the last swaps and FB Mata so I don't actually need him as CAM.

Same for me with Garrincha/Mata/B.Silva, they're all very strong in the 3 behind Mbappe, Ronny's WF/SM would be an improvment on Mata and a fun player for sure.

The mid-icon pack might be the one for me I think, there's a lot of central players in there which are the only places I can see room to improve really.

Agree. I’m not going to break a sweat doing them this time round.. Zambrotta will prob be as far as I go, otherwise I’ll settle for Hierro or one of Raul/Koeman.

Yeah if I didn't have Zanetti Zambrotta would be my choice too, it's very handy having the full back slot locked down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Still not tempted off Socrates. I really could do with that CAM icon to help with linking the left and right side of my pitch.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Still not tempted off Socrates. I really could do with that CAM icon to help with linking the left and right side of my pitch.

he just looks a bit big to me to be a CAM, they seem a bit too clunky...

hots wrote: »
    he just looks a bit big to me to be a CAM, they seem a bit too clunky...

Yeah, usually I prefer smaller CAMs, but I have a LOT of them to choose from. Trying a strong CAM with a great shot and passing skill (on paper) looks too tempting in terms of filling a slot in my squad that is currently unfilled.

• Advertisement

Lads, has anyone tried normal Mbappe? Is he worth the 600k odd? He'd want to be a game changer at that.

Lads, has anyone tried normal Mbappe? Is he worth the 600k odd? He'd want to be a game changer at that.

Only his inform which is the best striker I've used in a fifa I think. Has the magic shooting modifier where physics and attirubutes don't matter, it's always a screamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm taking Zambrotta from Swaps and then if I can be bothered to get more tokens I think I'll take Nakata just because literally nobody else is going to :p There are now 2 good Japanese CBs from Objectives so it'd be fun to have those 3 linked together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah, usually I prefer smaller CAMs, but I have a LOT of them to choose from. Trying a strong CAM with a great shot and passing skill (on paper) looks too tempting in terms of filling a slot in my squad that is currently unfilled.

Socrates & Ronaldinho are similar face stats wise anyway so the extra 10 tokens may not be worthwhile as it is. Base Viera seems overpriced too. Could easily end up taking one of the mid token ones like Hernandez or Del Pierro.

Did a few last upgrade packs this evening and opened the last of the packs I had lying around. Think my best pull from the upgrades all weekend was a duplicate Bernardo Silva :o

From another pack I pulled the IF of that Mexican winger at Porto though. He’s a RB in it and looks fun enough apart from the lack of physicality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to do another few pl upgrades before 6.

Got Laporte and a duplicate untradeable 85 Rodri and 84 Kepa so decided to do the 83+ with them.

What happens next ?

Blue Flairs.

Walkout.

Portuguese.

84 feckin Pizzi UCL :mad:

Did a few more upgrades and got untradeable duplicate salah so stopped there since I'll save him for some sbc down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Headliners starts on Friday

Thought future stars would be next, but they’ve went a different route

They probably realised Future Stars was one of the most well-received promos last year and wanted to space it further apart from TOTY so people could refresh their wallets.

Got all the icon swaps done and got ziyech completed in the process.

Enjoyed it a lot more as gave me a chance to use new cards I’d got, if anyone runs a serie a team, get tonali from serie a league sbc, he’s such a great box to box midfielder, he showed up everywhere, almost like a poor mans kante!

Also, we get a choice of 2 serie a cb’s in the season objectives, I took caceres, he was quality for the serie a team, put sentinel chem on him and he was like a brick wall, has that fb David luiz trait where he’ll just barge into players and take the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Blazer wrote: »
    Can’t be any worse than De Gea , that’s for sure.

I done his Futmas SBC and he was pretty lackluster for me, Ter Stegen was much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

When I saw the headliner name I thought it would be something like a set of moments cards for players who made headlines throughout the year eg Lucas Moura in the semi final v Ajax, Origi for scoring the winner against Barcelona. But instead it's just a otw with one in form added to it which is pretty meh.

Have 300k in coins so think I'll just dump it all in to 83 rated fodder since they're all below 2k and wait until they rise.

In a stroke of genius, I accidently rinsed my club of most of my French league cards, meaning I don't have enough to do a first owner team with 9 players. At least, not resorting to silvers.

Going to have to hope rewards are good this week :P

In a stroke of genius, I accidently rinsed my club of most of my French league cards, meaning I don't have enough to do a first owner team with 9 players. At least, not resorting to silvers.

Going to have to hope rewards are good this week :P

Ben yedder potm sbc awaits you!
    (If he wins this time)

You can surround him with 10 silver players and you’ll still win :P

Considering they never do anything with Milestone cards during promos and we got another one coming up on Friday it looks like we won't have any information on Politano's upgrade over 3 months after his release.

What is headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What is headliners?

Basically an otw card but +1.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Basically an otw card but +1.

So just more dynamic cards??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So just more dynamic cards??

Basically. They look pretty though. :)

It’s lovely having toty CR7 for the serie a challenge.
    His base card is unbelievable at scoring but his toty card has all the pace and acceleration and it makes a difference.
    Also getting fierce abuse for using him lol.

Rashford in totw according to leaks, he’d be a lw I’d imagine as played there Saturday.

Would be a nice united link to those of you that got red martial as a striker

So the SBCs for Bernardo Silva, Marcelo, and TAA all just vanished prematurely.

Their content management has been woeful this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

With Gedson Fernandes moving to Spurs what do you reckon will happen to his RTTF Europe League card?
    If Spurs win their next round will he be upgraded even though I don't think he can play in the UCL?

With Gedson Fernandes moving to Spurs what do you reckon will happen to his RTTF Europe League card?
    If Spurs win their next round will he be upgraded even though I don't think he can play in the UCL?

Seems to be as soon as Spurs win or go through he turns into a Spurs UCL RTTF final card, doesn't matter whether he plays or not...

If Spurs win the first leg, he gets turned into a UCL card, changed from Benfica to Spurs, and boosts up to an 84 (equivalent of an IF boost). If they win the first and the second, he gets boosted up again to an 86.

I'd presume if they lose Leg 1 and then go through after a better win in Leg 2, he gets up to 84.

If they lose both, he stays the same.

If he became an 86 UCL card for 10k, with his links, he'd be the biggest bargain of the year.

As has been said, EA will fix a mistake in record time if the mistake benefits the community. Took them days to sort out the red player picks error.

I'd like to reiterate this point now that we're nearly 2 hours in to 3 SBCs vanishing for no reason and EA haven't said a word. When they accidentally released those Daily SBCs all at once last weekend they were removed again in an instant.

• Advertisement

Usual ****e around TOTW being released, if there's a hiccup with special card availability it's usually now. I'm always skeptical about just how hard and fast EA are with their times when they say special players are going in packs and when they actually appear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement