Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

When I last played FUT there were Silver and Bronze only competitions that you could build some serious teams for, do they still exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    When I last played FUT there were Silver and Bronze only competitions that you could build some serious teams for, do they still exist?

Yeah they got rid of the Bronze and Silver tournaments in like FIFA 17 I think, they barely even do non-Gold players in the TOTW anymore, it's really disappointing I miss building a Silver team I could actually use.

Remember teams like this

Screenshot-2019-09-24-at-14-13-47.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah they got rid of the Bronze and Silver tournaments in like FIFA 17 I think, they barely even do non-Gold players in the TOTW anymore, it's really disappointing I miss building a Silver team I could actually use.

Remember teams like this

Screenshot-2019-09-24-at-14-13-47.png

That's a shame, was just having a look through the rare silvers and it reminded of some of the seriously fun teams you could make out of them given that some of the cards have seriously skewed attributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Best SBC is the hybrid nations.
    Doesn’t cost much and the rewards are brilliant. It’s a must do. I think it can be done for about 30k

Snip

• Advertisement

Best SBC is the hybrid nations.
    Doesn’t cost much and the rewards are brilliant. It’s a must do. I think it can be done for about 30k

The 3 Hybrid SBCs are all so valuable, 20_40k or so do do each of them and you get over 100k worth of packs. I made 200k off one set last night, did another and got absolutely nothing in my packs but still made all my coins back plus about 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

What is this loyalty glitch I keep hearing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just seen this on Twitter.

Contracts aren't used up in friendly matches, things like Mystery Ball, Max Chem, Swaps etc, so you can use loans all year long.

Keep your loan icons lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lamposts wrote: »
    What is this loyalty glitch I keep hearing about?

start a game in totw and quit by shutting off ps, doesn't affect stats and can build up loyalty

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

seamie78 wrote: »
    start a game in totw and quit by shutting off ps, doesn't affect stats and can build up loyalty

You dont need to turn off the PS. Just pause the game after 1 min of play, open ps settings, go to network settings and turn off internet, turn it back on. Game will disconnect and you lose a contract but it counts as a game played. Rinse and repeat 9 more times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

seamie78 wrote: »

I think you need to kick-off too just for it to register, not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I remember the days of winning Division 1 with a bronze team.... Those were the days

Won Div 1 with this team multiple times

https://www.futhead.com/20/squads/58233/

I used to get some abuse sent to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Won 4 and drew 1 of my rivals placement games, only got placed into division 4 though happy days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Antbody know if Champions edition ordered on CD keys is valid for packs and loan player pick

MLS POTM SBC out, card looks really good but the requirements are an 84 rated squad, and an 85 rated squad that includes an MLS player (the only MLS players above 81 are Ibra and Vela). Bit expensive for someone with terrible league and nation links, and especially so considering the game isn't even fully out yet :p

Screenshot-2019-09-24-at-19-02-23.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Redzer7 wrote:
    Won 4 and drew 1 of my rivals placement games, only got placed into division 4 though happy days

Same as. I'm almost division 3 though, a win away from it, rewards for next week look very good from 4 and 3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When do we reckon will be the best time to buy? Thursday morning with rewards?

Think I'm going to go for this (though not locked in on James yet; he's purely just a player I wanna try for some rockets. Higgy similiar. He's more there for Dybala chem)....

A35Dhdg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Jesus this game sometimes... Always takes me a while to get going each year

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Jesus this game sometimes... Always takes me a while to get going each year

I hear you. I had hopes of qualifying for the weekend league this weekend but I’m only getting 65 qualification points for a win in division rivals so it’s a grind. Didn’t it used to be 125 points for a win or something like that ?

GavK wrote: »
    I hear you. I had hopes of qualifying for the weekend league this weekend but I’m only getting 65 qualification points for a win in division rivals so it’s a grind. Didn’t it used to be 125 points for a win or something like that ?

Depends on your league position.

Also, is there a WL this weekend, or is it still a week off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hoping WL is a a week off... Won't be anywhere near enough points this week...

Will be lucky to have enough for next weekend with the amount I get to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Depends on your league position.

Also, is there a WL this weekend, or is it still a week off?

Def none this weekend, should start following weekend.

I’m away from Saturday til tues so not even sure if I’ll get qualified for the first one but not overly fussed, not going to go as hard at fifa this year with deadlines, objectives etc, takes a bit of fun out of it. If I’m qualified I’ll play, if not the week after is fine :)

Is everyone holding selling their high rated cards until the 27th or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

imo sell up before that. The amount of people opening packs on full release will be mad and prices will drop, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sweet Jesus, just packed Messi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Won 4 of my 5 rivals placements and thought I was getting the hang of defending until I got into rivals proper. Can't seem to deal with people who use constant pressure as my cheap players take a poor first touch, lose the ball and then a long lobbed ball to their wingers.

Got 87 Barnes as one of the choices in my loan icon pick. Used him in some friendlys and liked him so I'll probably make him my first target to reach.

Anybody going to do Martinez ? He seems like an incredible card but 100k is a lot especially at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

It really makes no difference, if you use the coins to buy other players they are cheaper now as well. even if using to build a transfer pile they are cheaper too

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just seen this on Twitter.

Contracts aren't used up in friendly matches, things like Mystery Ball, Max Chem, Swaps etc, so you can use loans all year long.

Keep your loan icons lads.

Had a few games this morning of Max chemistry, since I have loans of Maradona, Hazard, Sancho, etc. Yeap, their contracts are still full. Hilarious. Can't see that lasting long either, cause otherwise people will grab loans and just stick there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I have 2 icons on loan, lampard and van nistelrooy, (got one for signing up to ea newsletter)

Anyway, played a game of swaps and it gave him my hazard, lampard and rvn and I got his vitolo, moratta and cazorla.

Talk about a backfire :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement