Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    19 wins got me my Second nkoulou of the year and glik. Utter ****e. Seriously makes you question whether you should be bothered

It’s the reason I’ll do the 8 wins and couldn’t be arsed after that.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I've watched a few videos and seems thats the common thought.

There's just not really anyone else that interests me though. I'll probably go for Koeman as well as my second Icon from this batch, but Socrates just looks like the only really interesting one from the batch.

Going to put this together for over the weekend....
    Yay3qaN.jpg

How about Zambrotta? He’s very highly rated and will lock down your right back spot until tots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah, I've watched a few videos and seems thats the common thought.

There's just not really anyone else that interests me though. I'll probably go for Koeman as well as my second Icon from this batch, but Socrates just looks like the only really interesting one from the batch.

Going to put this together for over the weekend....
    Yay3qaN.jpg

Are you keen on using up tokens now for a new player or would you be willing to wait? I find the transfer price of a player is a good indication of how good he is and Socrates is only 480k versus del piero at 1.2mil.
    For me personally, I’d rather wait and get 1 good icon versus 2 “ok” ones.
    I bet all those people who took pep early in the first icon swaps either struggle to get him in team now or feel obliged to play him after the effort.

You mentioned koeman as the second, scream pique who you already have is about as good as him as a cb, obviously with koeman though you have the option of switching to midfield in game.

If you don’t want to wait for more tokens to be released, that’s fair enough, I completely get that, but if you’re not in a rush I’d take del piero or dinho over Socrates + koeman any day.

Yeah Pep was grand at the start but he’s not great now at all.
    Futmas Gbamin is better than him. Only reason I play him is for full chem with Acuna and Tagliafica.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    How about Zambrotta? He’s very highly rated and will lock down your right back spot until tots.

I really like AWB in that spot currently, and I'd really like a more attack orientated Icon, cause while I love my Rio from the last batch of tokens, I think an attacking Icon would keep me a little more interested right now in playing.
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Are you keen on using up tokens now for a new player or would you be willing to wait? I find the transfer price of a player is a good indication of how good he is and Socrates is only 480k versus del piero at 1.2mil.
    For me personally, I’d rather wait and get 1 good icon versus 2 “ok” ones.
    I bet all those people who took pep early in the first icon swaps either struggle to get him in team now or feel obliged to play him after the effort.

You mentioned koeman as the second, scream pique who you already have is about as good as him as a cb, obviously with koeman though you have the option of switching to midfield in game.

If you don’t want to wait for more tokens to be released, that’s fair enough, I completely get that, but if you’re not in a rush I’d take del piero or dinho over Socrates + koeman any day.

Few things.

I'm motivated for all the tokens right now, but I've no clue if I will be in three weeks time. I'd nearly rather an icon now, and another in a few weeks, to keep motivation up a bit.

Especially since that avoids the risk of getting, say, Del Pierro or Dinho, not liking them and then feeling the entire grind was a waste of time.

I also had both Del Pierro and Dinho last year, and neither massively enthralled me at the time. I've deliberately been avoiding any icons I used last year, and trying new ones (Hence Shev, Gerrard, and Socrates going into my team for this week).

Koeman over Pique would really be a chemistry thing, but he's not locked in yet. Since Socrates is 11 tokens, I'd still have the options on Raul or Seedorf. But I've actually seen decent reviews of Koeman over on Reddit and as a double Icon pairing, they'd probably be locked into my team till TOTS.

I really wish they still did the SBCs instead. At least last year when the Icons didn't work out, yeah you're down coins, but you just moved straight into the next SBC as a goal.

• Advertisement

I was using middle DP but wasn’t too pushed on him.
    But I have seen others playing with him and they obviously use him a lot better as he used to rip me apart.
    It’s very hard to downgrade from CR7 to another striker in the < one million bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was excited to put together my back line of Shoji and Tomiyasu with Nakata as a link, then I saw the requirements for Shoji’s league milestone card :( lots of wins scoring with ****e teams, not worth the effort at all

Was excited to put together my back line of Shoji and Tomiyasu with Nakata as a link, then I saw the requirements for Shoji’s league milestone card :( lots of wins scoring with ****e teams, not worth the effort at all

Ah something to plod along to. I’m not even gonna bother with WL mode really, get my 8 wins and reward and that’s it. To hell with trying to play 30 games on weekends

Fut champions event in Atlanta tomorrow so make sure to pick up at least 2 or 3 gold American cards cards as we might get an sbc.

Got about 100 myself :D

I was using middle DP but wasn’t too pushed on him.
    But I have seen others playing with him and they obviously use him a lot better as he used to rip me apart.
    It’s very hard to downgrade from CR7 to another striker in the < one million bracket.

Was using cr7’s toty card we got on loan and his shots are like when you’re playing mystery ball and get the shooting boost!!

So wish I had that card permanently, you’d get so many quits on kick off though!

• Advertisement

Ah something to plod along to. I’m not even gonna bother with WL mode really, get my 8 wins and reward and that’s it. To hell with trying to play 30 games on weekends

Oh yeah, wouldn’t mind if it was something similar to the Politano one and having wins for just the top teams, but there’s ones that require goal + wins for clubs that have all ****e silvers :pac:

I rarely ever play WL anyway, both due to no time and I just cba.. too much rage for **** rewards. Play it once or twice at the start and once or twice during TOTS for the red TOTS cards, that’s about it. Couldn’t put myself through that stress every weekend :pac:

Was using cr7’s toty card we got on loan and his shots are like when you’re playing mystery ball and get the shooting boost!!

So wish I had that card permanently, you’d get so many quits on kick off though!

His base card isn’t that far behind it really apart from the speed.
    It’s certainly not worth a 5million upgrade over it.

3 Headliner is English so definitely Rashford with that 84 pace, or maybe Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    Got about 100 myself

At least your playing it cool with the USA players. Not taking any chances hogey ha ha

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    At least your playing it cool with the USA players. Not taking any chances hogey ha ha

Haha, ah they were 100 coins above discard when I got them so no real risk.
    If the sbc doesn’t come by 6pm Saturday it won’t be coming and I’ll get rid of them all.

3 Headliner is English so definitely Rashford with that 84 pace, or maybe Vardy?

Man city have a card too as you can see part of the crest on one card, most likely would be sterling or walker.

Real Madrid is spelt out in letters too, I’d be fairly sure that’s varane, fits the criteria needed and will guarantee pack sales!! Imagine a varane that starts at 88 rated and goes up a rating every time real win 4 matches!! (If that’s what the 4 w’s mean)

Man city have a card too as you can see part of the crest on one card, most likely would be sterling or walker.

Real Madrid is spelt out in letters too, I’d be fairly sure that’s varane, fits the criteria needed and will guarantee pack sales!! Imagine a varane that starts at 88 rated and goes up a rating every time real win 4 matches!! (If that’s what the 4 w’s mean)

His price will be through the roof really.

Looking at the below I’m hoping my Di Maria moments goes to 90, potm Vardy will go to 88 and Ziyech moments to 91.

Acuna goes to 82 but his first IF is 84 so his futmas card will stay the same.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/fifa-20-winter-upgrades-when-will-the-ratings-refresh-happen-and-/1s7p93ain9o8e1e3517105e56d

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fut champions event in Atlanta tomorrow so make sure to pick up at least 2 or 3 gold American cards cards as we might get an sbc.

Got about 100 myself :D

Buy few SerieA Atalanta players, too in case they mix these up.

It did happen before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was thinking would Doherty be in with any chance of a Winter upgrade? 79 rated gold and already has 2* IF at 82 and 84. If he got a decent boost that 84 could jump to an 86 and would be a nice card. I'm always a sucker for fitting an Irish player into my team as well.

Was thinking it would be great if he got a Headliner card but it looks pretty locked in that Adama Traore is going to get one so can't see them picking two RWB/RW from Wolves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've been grinding out the season objectives for the La Liga and Ligue 1 players. It's awful that you have to win the games.

I have 5 left from each league. We'll get there...

I don't know anything about headliners, I didn't play much fifa last year.

What am I to expect this weekend and what's the best way to prepare for it?

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What am I to expect this weekend and what's the best way to prepare for it?

I'd imagine same as most weekends during promos. Few SBCs, few objectives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'd imagine same as most weekends during promos. Few SBCs, few objectives.

So much of the same. I'm holding out on doing Schar and TAA as I want to see what comes up today.

Will there be stuff in packs? I've been saving packs since TOTY finished.

So much of the same. I'm holding out on doing Schar and TAA as I want to see what comes up today.

Headliners in packs, tho the chances of packing one will probably be slim again given pack weights this year.

Yeah the headliner cards will be in packs from 6, they haven’t revealed who they are yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Hoping there'll be some sbc at 6 to drive up the price of 83s. Picked up about 100 83s split across Jorginho/Lo Celso and Henderson at 1600/1700 each. They've already risen a little bit but hoping they'll jump back up to 3k.

If it is 4 wins for the headliners to upgrade I want a Firmino Headliner card, though knowing my luck I'd get him and Liverpool would only win 3 more matches in the next few months :pac:

Dumping Shevchenko after six games. I’ve rarely felt strikers cost me wins, but he absolutely was. He missed multiple sitters, and was so unreliable.

On the other hand, Socrates scored two and assisted one in his debut so that’s nice :P

Edit: and Gerard is grand too....I guess....

Dumping Shevchenko after six games. I’ve rarely felt strikers cost me wins, but he absolutely was. He missed multiple sitters, and was so unreliable.

On the other hand, Socrates scored two and assisted one in his debut so that’s nice :P

Edit: and Gerard is grand too....I guess....

Have you tried rvn yet? His prime is only 570k on PS4, his stats look good with hunter bringing up his pace but I have a feeling he’d be a bit clunky and wouldn’t suit this version of fifa.

Have you tried rvn yet? His prime is only 570k on PS4, his stats look good with hunter bringing up his pace but I have a feeling he’d be a bit clunky and wouldn’t suit this version of fifa.

Who actually is good is Litamen,,his prime card CAME has excellent shooting and attacking and he bangs the goals in. He's a bit clunky but to be honest most of them are at that price point.
    I had his prime, Rush and MVB and overall I'd pick him over the other 2.

Probably next on my list to try. I've got 350k in the bank currently, after spending on Gerrard. When I get back up to 570k, I'll probably try and nab another striker. (Mbappe and Meymar on my list to try soon as well)

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Hoping there'll be some sbc at 6 to drive up the price of 83s. Picked up about 100 83s split across Jorginho/Lo Celso and Henderson at 1600/1700 each. They've already risen a little bit but hoping they'll jump back up to 3k.

If it is 4 wins for the headliners to upgrade I want a Firmino Headliner card, though knowing my luck I'd get him and Liverpool would only win 3 more matches in the next few months :pac:

I’ve got the same except Talisca, Oscar, Draxler, Gueye, Bartra and Albiol.. couldn’t believe how cheap they were. Talisca was easily got for 1.1k, practically discard for fodder. I’m up about 30k already so hoping to triple that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement