Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I went heavy on Talisca and Oscar as well.

Also have 10* TOTGS Haaland I got for between 11k-13k. If he does get a big jump in Winter Upgrades he will be handy to have for SBCs as he will probably go to 88 at the very minimum so will be worth double what I've paid. And if not it's fairly low risk as barely above discard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Frisbee wrote: »
    I went heavy on Talisca and Oscar as well.

Also have 10* TOTGS Haaland I got for between 11k-13k. If he does get a big jump in Winter Upgrades he will be handy to have for SBCs as he will probably go to 88 at the very minimum so will be worth double what I've paid. And if not it's fairly low risk as barely above discard.

I got the one, he's a great sub. I don't think I'd be getting rid of him... Might go get a 2nd or 3rd one :)

Yeah I have one I packed which I will hold onto. But at the moment he's projected to maybe get upgraded to a 90 rating so should be good money to be made in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah I have one I packed which I will hold onto. But at the moment he's projected to maybe get upgraded to a 90 rating so should be good money to be made in him.

jesus christ his base card is only a 73 rated. He could get a nice bump indeed.

Picked up two of his totgs cards for 14k.

Vardy was the last guy wasn't he that jumped that much back in fifa 16?

UPDATE: Ah the feckers only bumped him up 4 from 71 to 75 gold.
    If they went the same route for Erling it wouldn't touch his IFs.

Mahrez also went from 73 to 76 so its possible they do the same.
    I reckon EA will only give him a 78 rating just below his first IF card so none of them will get an upgrade.

Yeah look it might end up not working out, I'm sure EA have spotted it. If it doesn't then worst case scenario I can still Quick Sell them all for a loss of about 15k-20k which is grand.

• Advertisement

Yeah look it might end up not working out, I'm sure EA have spotted it. If it doesn't then worst case scenario I can still Quick Sell them all for a loss of about 15k-20k which is grand.

yeah I just sold mine straightaway. Screw it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

New loading screen confirms there'll be a Liverpool headliner so looking forward to that.

Also psg and a polish player (Lewandowski ?) confirmed.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    New loading screen confirms there'll be a Liverpool headliner so looking forward to that.

Milner lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

The new Werner card is tempting me, looks excellent!

Has anyone here used 89 Ballack?
    Might bring him in to fit in Werner.

Ballack is unreal. He's one of those midfielders where you think he's doing nothing for you team and when he's out your midfield just falls apart.
    He's basically what Frank Lampard's prime should be really like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FUT 20 Headliners will also receive an additional one-time permanent upgrade if their club achieves four back to back wins during the remainder of the domestic league season. If this occurs, the Headliners item will remain two In-Forms ahead of their last performance based In-Form throughout FUT 20, making Headliners one of the most powerful and dynamic player items ever!

Flashback Alexis Sanchez up, for an 86 rated team.

EDIT: OOOOF, an a Headliners Adama Traore SBC. 2 84 teams, 1 85, and 3 IFs.

And a Headliner Plea in Objectives:
    -Score 2 headers in Squad Battles on min. Semi Pro difficultly

-Assist 5 goals using Through Ball in Squad Battles on min. Professional difficulty

-Score using Bundesliga and Ligue 1 Players in 4 separate Rivals wins

-Score at least 2 goals using French players in 4 separate Rivals matches

The new Werner card is tempting me, looks excellent!

Has anyone here used 89 Ballack?
    Might bring him in to fit in Werner.

Why doesn’t his 87 automatically update to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    FUT 20 Headliners will also receive an additional one-time permanent upgrade if their club achieves four back to back wins during the remainder of the domestic league season. If this occurs, the Headliners item will remain two In-Forms ahead of their last performance based In-Form throughout FUT 20, making Headliners one of the most powerful and dynamic player items ever!

The upgrade for winning 4 in a row just seems so pointless, we're over halfway through the season and only 8 of the selected players have managed that even once this season, it's not something that happens often.

Vardy's a strange one.
    His potm is also 86 rated and will probably jump to 88 after winter refresh.
    So his headliners card will also jump to 88 obviously. I know there's a whole sequence etc 84 to 86 etc but still they could have bumped it to 87.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Why doesn’t his 87 automatically update to it :(

Yea it’s **** for anyone who just did the 87 card, they should have some discount for the new one at least.

Yea it’s **** for anyone who just did the 87 card, they should have some discount for the new one at least.

It only finished 2 weeks ago, I spent ages deliberating should I do it and finally bit the bullet. So frustrating.

Apart from Neymar I wouldn't be bothered with the rest.
    It mentions team 1. I wonder is there a team 2 coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Back in FIFA 18 any time a player got a second POTM card they would allow you to use the first POTM card to get a massive discount on the upgrade SBC.

• Advertisement

Back in FIFA 18 any time a player got a second POTM card they would allow you to use the first POTM card to get a massive discount on the upgrade SBC.

yeah those days are gone now...pricks :(

Running through the MLS League currently, and while Futbin says I've spent 80k so far, my coin total is only down 2k, with about 20 silvers still to sell, after doing the cheaper 10 teams. You can complete most teams dirt cheap, and all the silver reward packs actually are giving cards worth a decent chunk. Usually enough to cover the few players you're buying for 300-500 coins for each team.

EDIT: Just packed a Shadow chem style, so now I'm up 13k :P

Blazer wrote: »
    Apart from Neymar I wouldn't be bothered with the rest.
    It mentions team 1. I wonder is there a team 2 coming?

Yeah, there’s a team two coming according to the brief on their website.

There’s a leak going round too where Orsic is the objective for the next batch and SBCs - Smalling, Alli, Martinez (Inter)

Yeah, there’s a team two coming according to the brief on their website.

There’s a leak going round too where Orsic is the objective for the next batch and SBCs - Smalling, Alli, Martinez (Inter)

Now Martinez would definitely interest me.
    Would replace Aguero and link with CR7 up top and allowing me to drop Guardiola I think.

It really bugs me as I start with CR7 as CDM and switch him to ST ingame and his card shows up as CDM when he scores. Which is every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Running through the MLS League currently, and while Futbin says I've spent 80k so far, my coin total is only down 2k, with about 20 silvers still to sell, after doing the cheaper 10 teams. You can complete most teams dirt cheap, and all the silver reward packs actually are giving cards worth a decent chunk. Usually enough to cover the few players you're buying for 300-500 coins for each team.

EDIT: Just packed a Shadow chem style, so now I'm up 13k :P

Futbin is great, but the valuation of silver and bronze cards is often off.

Gold cards are spot on, but many leagues and other sbc cost are skewed because of that.

The leagues often don't cost as much as Futbin list them if there are silvers involved.

Now Martinez would definitely interest me.
    Would replace Aguero and link with CR7 up top and allowing me to drop Guardiola I think.

It really bugs me as I start with CR7 as CDM and switch him to ST ingame and his card shows up as CDM when he scores. Which is every game.

Thought that was just me! I try as much as I can to have them in their natural positions... a small pet peeve but one that annoys me a lot :pac:

wonski wrote: »
    Futbin is great, but the valuation of silver and bronze cards is often off.

Gold cards are spot on, but many leagues and other sbc cost are skewed because of that.

The leagues often don't cost as much as Futbin list them if there are silvers involved.

Yeah. Several of the teams it listed for 10-15k, I managed to do for under 3k. It's crazy.

Finished it with a profit of 40k made. Had two silvers sell for over 4k instantly, and the Shadow chem which was about 13k. Rest was just listing up all the silvers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven’t touched the game in the last couple of days apart from to do my red picks on the app so a little behind any headliners news. Anyone doing the Sanchez or Adama SBCs? Cards look fun but still think I’m going to pour my fodder into Flasback David Luiz.

I notice this morning a lot of players have had their club updated too, not quite all of them though.

apparently a glitch to get 2 x player objectives.
    Need a loan card within the objective as well.
    Worth a shot just for the laugh or else wait for someone to do it next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

apparently a glitch to get 2 x player objectives.
    Need a loan card within the objective as well.
    Worth a shot just for the laugh or else wait for someone to do it next week.

It'll probably be well patched by next week. Maybe they're already working on it which is why plea doesn't have a loan.

Think the headliners promo is very meh. A couple of days after toty we get new colorful high rated cards of the players that missed out on a toty. Would've been much more interesting imo if they chose players around 80 rated and then made them upgrade after every 2 consecutive wins and cap them at a certain rating.

Most teams probably won't get 4 wins in a row and even if they do it's not like the difference between 93 Salah and 94 Salah is going to be worth the wait.

My duplicate untradeable Salah survives at least another week which is devastating as I'm just dying to open my E-Sports Team's Kits pack :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement