Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So they managed to remove the Ben yedder sbc within 20 mins but 18 hours later they haven’t managed to reinstate it.

It really was such a slap in the face, an sbc that so many in the community was waiting for, they made an error that meant it might cost people 520k instead of 650k, for an untradeable card, (that could get potm again next month, so you’re already gambling on that)
    Instead of saying “ok we messed up the requirements a tad and made an overpriced sbc into a reasonable priced sbc’ carry on”, they withdrew the sbc as quick as they could knowing that many people would have 3 or 4 segments complete.
    They will now devote several hours of resources to returning cards that people submitted, all to make sure the end user doesn’t get about a 20% discount on an untradeable card.

They could’ve created a small bit of goodwill in the community but no, not ea’s way!!

And how quick were they also to decide that if you partially completed it, you would have to start from scratch!!

Traditionally we got an ultimate pack for Chinese New Year, (this weekend I think) wonder have they scrapped that now too as they get more and more Scrooge like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Not only ultimate packs but during Black Friday it was 2 for 1 on all packs.
    EA’s greediness knows no bounds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    So they managed to remove the Ben yedder sbc within 20 mins but 18 hours later they haven’t managed to reinstate it.

It really was such a slap in the face, an sbc that so many in the community was waiting for, they made an error that meant it might cost people 520k instead of 650k, for an untradeable card, (that could get potm again next month, so you’re already gambling on that)
    Instead of saying “ok we messed up the requirements a tad and made an overpriced sbc into a reasonable priced sbc’ carry on”, they withdrew the sbc as quick as they could knowing that many people would have 3 or 4 segments complete.
    They will now devote several hours of resources to returning cards that people submitted, all to make sure the end user doesn’t get about a 20% discount on an untradeable card.

They could’ve created a small bit of goodwill in the community but no, not ea’s way!!

And how quick were they also to decide that if you partially completed it, you would have to start from scratch!!

Traditionally we got an ultimate pack for Chinese New Year, (this weekend I think) wonder have they scrapped that now too as they get more and more Scrooge like.

Yedder's POTM is only an 88 and his 86IF is tradeable, there's only a +2 on most of his attributes and 86 Yedder will still be unbelievable.

I'm tempted now to pump my coins into his IF or his OTW (as more than likely he could get another IF this season), for 150-200k cheaper you can get a tradeable version that if he gets another POTM you won't be too annoyed (like I was with Werner).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Mr Moon wrote:
    I'm tempted now to pump my coins into his IF or his OTW (as more than likely he could get another IF this season), for 150-200k cheaper you can get a tradeable version that if he gets another POTM you won't be too annoyed (like I was with Werner).

I'm the same as you. Had a lot or tradable and untradable high rated cards in anticipation of this sbc. Could probably do it without touching my coin balance or very minimally at least.

Had his rttf card last year and loved it tho so that's why I'm considering him this year. Have a mainly prem team so would have to make adjustments to get him in.

His otw is about 500k at the moment on ps4.

How does he compare to Son? I have about 700k to play around with.

Lads for anyone who bought rebic, he’s on the rise.
    Sold 20 there on ps4 for 4.5k.

Personally I’m going to sell about 2 thirds of mine, there’s no guarantee that there will be any Croatia requirements and if there is it could just be squad battles related where people can start any rubbish Croatian and sub off immediately.

Of course if there’s a score with a Croatian in rivals, that rebic would hit 8 or 9k but I’m happy to cash out on most now.
    Objectives work best when they come out of the blue, everyone has had a week to pick up Croatians.

Edit: 4.8k now, he might keep rising in the hype until 6pm. Might list a few around 5.5/6k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I can't imagine the amount of people who sold their OTW Ben Yedders to fund the POTM SBC and now have neither for WL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Leak going around - the first for Orsic is supposed to be rivals and not SB

And then a Bundesliga player coming too

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Lads for anyone who bought rebic, he’s on the rise.
    Sold 20 there on ps4 for 4.5k.

Personally I’m going to sell about 2 thirds of mine, there’s no guarantee that there will be any Croatia requirements and if there is it could just be squad battles related where people can start any rubbish Croatian and sub off immediately.

Of course if there’s a score with a Croatian in rivals, that rebic would hit 8 or 9k but I’m happy to cash out on most now.
    Objectives work best when they come out of the blue, everyone has had a week to pick up Croatians.

Edit: 4.8k now, he might keep rising in the hype until 6pm. Might list a few around 5.5/6k

Nice one!! I got on this late and only managed to pick up one at 2.5k (thinking I'd missed my chance). Keep these tips coming, they're gold dust :D

Hogey007 wrote:

Mr Moon wrote:
    Nice one!! I got on this late and only managed to pick up one at 2.5k (thinking I'd missed my chance). Keep these tips coming, they're gold dust

Much appreciated hogey. Great shout. And as Mr Moon said keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Thanks Hogey, when I logged back on a few went for 3.5k and I might let the rest go at 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks Hogey :)

I think I'm going to sell up now at the 5k mark. Given I got 28 at 2k, that's 84k profit I can net. I won't run the risk that there's no objective and he crashes....

Going to take a loss of about 40k on Neymar but after 11 games, he really isn’t feeling worth the price.

His dribbling is fun, but he only scored four goals in those 11 games.

I worry everyone gets compared to Ronaldo, but Ronnie just bags two goals a game minimum. And everyone pales in comparison beside him as a result. I really wish o could just run two Ronaldo’s up front.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Going to take a loss of about 40k on Neymar but after 11 games, he really isn’t feeling worth the price.

I worry everyone gets compared to Ronaldo, but Ronnie just bags two goals a game minimum. And everyone pales in comparison beside him as a result. I really wish o could just run two Ronaldo’s up front.

Try headliner Mertens!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Try headliner Mertens!!

Hearing a LOT of good things about him so yeah, probably goes next in on my list :)

Lord TSC wrote: »

I’m the opposite. Getting bored of the whole pass the ball to CR7 and he’ll score.
    I’ve always loved playing with wingers so I’ll make sure with the team I gave at the moment.
    Sold Kante and Matthaus again (Both are brilliant) as I’m working nights and fancy some trading for a while.hell I even booted up fallen this morning rather than fifa just for a change.

So now they're giving objectives to people in Division 4 or above? I can't get anywhere near div 5 let alone 4, this is despicable :mad::mad::mad:

Ooof, there's the objective anyway. Socre in 5 rival wins with Croatian players.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So now they're giving objectives to people in Division 4 or above? I can't get anywhere near div 5 let alone 4, this is despicable :mad::mad::mad:

You don't need to complete that objective to get Orsic, it's completely separate. This is extra incentive for people who can play in the high divisions to stay in them instead of self-relegating for easy wins. This benefits you, you won't be facing as many Div 2/3 players who relegated themselves to Div 5/6 to make objectives easier.

Headliners Abraham SBC - 83 squad, 1 IF, 1 PL player.

Score in 5 rival games in Div 4 or higher with a Croatian player to get a Rare player pack too. lol

Rebic going for 10k now, so get them up selling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

People are crazy.

From moaning about Ben Yedder sbc to buying Rebic for 10k in one day.

This is why the EA has no reason to care ;)

All for 84 rated headliner card.

Rebic going for 10k now, so get them up selling!!

Of the 28 I had

Sold 5 at 5000, sold 7 at 7100.

Going to list the rest at 10k.

Hogey, that was some pay off though. Wish I'd gone in harder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Wish I picked up some of him now :o Ah well I have the season reward Perisic who'll do the Croatian and 4* midfielder objective at the same time so at least I don't need to buy one.

My tradepile is still full of Jorginhos. The Hendersons and Lo Celsos all rose in price but he seems to stick to 2k for some reason.

The objective player looks like good fun though. Will probably sell my Barnes when I get him and use him as a striker until I get icon swaps Barnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Headliners Sanson earlier from MM and now Headliners Maddison + Chiellini from the daily SBC! Not too bad at all.. nice fodder now in my club.

Ok a million in my cash reserves..Hogey .get those tips flying :)
    Wouldn't mind but I meant to buy 100 of Rebic last night and just forgot about it.
    Would have really made a nice profit.
    Ah well.

Just packed Nainggolan.

*Looks at clock angrily...*

If anyone followed one of hogeys previous tips on buying mandzukic a while back. He's now insta selling for 9.5 on ps4. Not as big a return but still doubling the coins.

Again much appreciated hogey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey works for EA confirmed. Direct all your FIFA rage his way :P

Haha they don’t all work out that good lads, but yeah rebic and mandzukic gave super returns in a relatively short time, and glad to hear a few of you made coins on them :)
    I’ll be keeping an eye on any 83 or 84 rated players transferring clubs in January (like mandzukic did) if you can get in early on them they’ll do well, particularly ones with easy to link nations or leagues, heard carrasco is linked with a move, he’d rise nice if he did.

(The old versions I mean as they’d no longer be in packs)

Post any up yourselves that you hear of :)

• Advertisement

Apparently Crystal Palace and West Ham are looking to sign him.
    Why would his base card rise though? If he went to the EPl that card would rise no doubt but hardly his China one? or due to lack of scarcity?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement