Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    No free pack, the name of the Chinese New Year is pretty apt for fifa, year of the rat!!

As Nepenthez put it when they offered the rat badge as an SBC segment a few months ago:

"A little rat badge for a little rat company."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So when Flashback Costa came out they upgraded his skill moves to reflect the rating he had in the flashback year, they haven't done so with Valbuena who had 4* skills in 16/17 and only 3* now, how can they be so inconsistent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

3* weak foot is a draw back but there aren’t many decent French CAMs around so might do him at that price

Just realised they're 100% gonna say the Milestone packs you can get for 300 wins have replaced the loyalty packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Orisic objective complete, that storyline perisic was a god send for it.

Always find those rivals objectives easier on Saturdays when a lot of the “better” players are distracted playing wl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I'm going to sell up my tradepile and give the Bronze Pack Method a really serious go for a week. Because I'm not saving for anything in particular (say, like the Icon SBCs in previous years), I figure it might be interesting to just dedicate my entire tradepile to it and see what the results are.

I've seen a few people on Reddit over the last few weeks saying its stupidly broken, so may as well see. I've only ever done it dedicating about 30 slots at most to it.

Oh I wouldn’t be able to fit him in either but a 92 Werner for 300k which I could mostly complete with untradeable rewards is too appealing to turn down

Actually, thinking about this, I could do that Sane SBC long term too to link him in.

PAAAAAAAACE ABUSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think I'm going to sell up my tradepile and give the Bronze Pack Method a really serious go for a week. Because I'm not saving for anything in particular (say, like the Icon SBCs in previous years), I figure it might be interesting to just dedicate my entire tradepile to it and see what the results are.

I've seen a few people on Reddit over the last few weeks saying its stupidly broken, so may as well see. I've only ever done it dedicating about 30 slots at most to it.

Let me know how you get on with it. I keep meaning to try it but then you hear people who say they spend 4 hours a day at it and only clear 20-30k :/

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on with it. I keep meaning to try it but then you hear people who say they spend 4 hours a day at it and only clear 20-30k :/

Initial thoughts are...yeah, it feels like you have to work a bit harder.

I say "work", it's not hard. But compared to filling my trade pile with rare golds and just relisting over and over, opening the packs and price checking everything obviously takes a bit of extra effort.

I also feel it's a little slower overall than I remember; used to be if I put 20 bronze cards into my TP, by the time I'd have the 20th listed, two or three would have sold. At the moment, I've got 45 spaces in my TP filled and am getting 9 sales a cycle, but ALL the sales are within the last few minutes. Meaning there's 55 minutes or so of doing nothing. My memory of previous times doing this were it was a little more active, with sales spread out better, meaning you could be engaged more.

I'm going to spend a few days doing it anyway. My main worry is just...does the extra effort get justified with better income, or is it easier to be lazy by just relisting the likes of Sissoko and Maguire over and over at high prices...

So real life footballer Luis Alberto complains about the fifa servers, that’s completely ignored by ea, but someone comments underneath that they’re trying to use their mams credit card to purchase points and ea jump on it immediately!! :D

Ps. That Luis Alberto headliner card is never getting an upgrade now!!

https://twitter.com/massivespesh/status/1221157450952343558?s=21

• Advertisement

Along similar lines as trying the BPM, I also decided to see the benefits of quitting early vs the benefits of sticking in games even when being thrashed. Cause I know there’s that theory if you lose a game without quitting, you’ll be paired off against people in similar form. But I’ve also seen EA deny that quitting the game doesn’t have an effect on that form record, meaning if you quit, you’ll keep getting matched against similar level people.

Finished 11-12 while being super liberal with quitting games I felt would waste time (any I went two down in quickly, or when the skill level was obviously too high for me. I did stick in some games where I went 1-0 but knew I could get back into them, winning some in the process).

Given I tend to finish with a 1:1 win loss ratio most weeks, I can’t say I see the rage quits hurting my Final win tally....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Headliners...

Players being talked about this year now have a special card.

The most talked about player all year haland doesn't get one...

But tiago silva does? Don't think I've heard his name all year...

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Headliners...

Players being talked about this year now have a special card.

The most talked about player all year haland doesn't get one...

But tiago silva does? Don't think I've heard his name all year...

Håland will get a otw card so couldn’t have 2 performance based cards.

Did two of the three parts of Timo Werner for nothing but untradeables. Packed CL Griezmann in the process too. So overall, he'll cost me about 100k.

I've never been more tempted to sell Ronaldo and build a better balanced team, but I know I won't find a striker I love as much....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Awesome, said I’d do one 81+ upgrade pack and ended up getting headliner Digne and Allan. Not bad at all.
    Unfortunately I still need Tagliafica in midfield with Mascherano and Acuna at LW to give me that midfield with CR7 up front.
    What a waste of a card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Packed Pique, IF Jimenez and Oblak today! I’ll get a few quid for them.

Ronaldo is starting to grow on me, I put an engine in him and he’s scoring for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Haven't played in two weeks. Started playing some WL today and packed Neymar in the daily sbc along with an IF and an 86 rated player. Think it was only a prime electrum pack. Might give it up for another few weeks!

Before this weekend I'd never finished better than Gold 1 :D

giphy.gif

Before this weekend I'd never finished better than Gold 1 :D

giphy.gif

Nice one!! Prepare for disappointment on Thursday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Packed Pique, IF Jimenez and Oblak today! I’ll get a few quid for them.

Ronaldo is starting to grow on me, I put an engine in him and he’s scoring for me now.

Once he clicks for you it’s impossible to go back to any other striker. I’ve tried several times and failed each time. As Hogey or Lord said he’s such a clutch scorer. A chance at goal even a bare sniff and he buries shots that other strikers won’t even get anywhere near.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

blaa85 wrote: »
    Haven't played in two weeks. Started playing some WL today and packed Neymar in the daily sbc along with an IF and an 86 rated player. Think it was only a prime electrum pack. Might give it up for another few weeks!

Yeah if one takes an extended break on this game and come back to open some packs then there is a very strong likelihood that they will pack some huge items.

It's a clever tactic to get you playing the game regularly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was just looking there and there is 46 days left to complete the Icon Swap SBCs. So 42 days left come Friday. Was hoping they would release the remaining Objectives as one long season so if you completed it early you could claim your Icon early, but they are def going to release it as 2* 21 day seasons aren’t they?
    Also, doing the crossing objective makes you realise how pointless it is to cross in this game.

I found the opposite. Usually I never cross the ball and end up cutting back once you get to the byline. But I found if you can get into the box and drill across an R1 cross it's about 50-50 on who gets the ball. Even better if you can drill it backwards on an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was just looking there and there is 46 days left to complete the Icon Swap SBCs. So 42 days left come Friday. Was hoping they would release the remaining Objectives as one long season so if you completed it early you could claim your Icon early, but they are def going to release it as 2* 21 day seasons aren’t they?

I found the opposite. Usually I never cross the ball and end up cutting back once you get to the byline. But I found if you can get into the box and drill across an R1 cross it's about 50-50 on who gets the ball. Even better if you can drill it backwards on an angle.

Swaps take way too long imo... by the time you’ve enough to do any of the higher tier ones, they’ll be useless. SBCs + swaps next year and give the player the choice, much better system.

After getting that tip the other day, went straight into a game - won it for my final win and got 2 low driven crosses to complete Orsic :pac: unreal card too for anyone thinking of getting him. 4* skills boost would be perfect, but for now he’s still unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Swaps take way too long imo... by the time you’ve enough to do any of the higher tier ones, they’ll be useless. SBCs + swaps next year and give the player the choice, much better system.

Yeah the low cross is actually brilliant. Everyone covers the spin or pull back inside so you can in along the byline handy enough most of the time.

Agree Swaps can take too long, have had all of this seasons done since early last week. At least if the next 12 were all released at once I might get them all done in a couple of weeks and be able to cash in earlier. As is I will have to wait for "Season 4" at the minimum and prob be in the same boat where I am waiting around for that last batch to be released.

German league storyline up objective up.

Politano came out 3 months ago and he's still the highest rated of all the Milestone cards, I guess they felt they were being too generous.

Also these two week promos really go out with a whimper. According to EA the Headliners promo is still ongoing but they released no Daily SBC today and literally all Headliners Player SBCs have already expired. Flashback David Luiz from the TOTY promo is still available but all SBCs for the promo that is apparently still in progress have expired.

100% didn’t know you don’t need wins with 3 of the teams in each milestone league.
    Me like a schmuck trying to get the wins with Aston Villa players when I just needed to score with them.

100% didn’t know you don’t need wins with 3 of the teams in each milestone league.
    Me like a schmuck trying to get the wins with Aston Villa players when I just needed to score with them.

Haha, yeah all the newly promoted teams you just need to score with a player.

• Advertisement

I genuinely can't believe how transparent these Twitter accounts have been with showing us what's important to them, it's so blatant

cbNbeAL.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement