Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Didn’t play wl so I could get a lot of the rivals objectives done, it’s handy that you can combine, like I used 9 ligue 1 first owner French players and toty mbappe and kante so got the ligue 1 and French done in one go.
    Similarly I used 11 first owner la liga players to get the la liga and one club wonders done together.

And the one thing I noticed from those matches, using cillesen and lecomnte in goals, goalkeepers are irrelevant in fifa20, once you avoid some of the absolute donkeys like schmeichel and Alison the rest are fairly similar.
    I normally use mid vds in goal and the lads performed pretty much the same as him.

Don’t forget DDG in that... he’s god awful for me :pac:

Was struggling with icon objectives yday so entered WL instead... HL Adama and HL Orsic with base Kluivert behind them is lethal. Currently 7-3 winning my last game 7-3 after behind 3-1 down - Adama and Kluivert with hat tricks and Orsic with 5 assists + 1 goal :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    Ronaldo is just Ronaldo.. a sniff and he’s running away celebrating. There is no other striker under 2 mill that gives you what he does.

I've tried a few other players in and around the 700k mark now and none, none, hold a candle to Ronaldo. And worse, he overshadows them all so badly that I get frustrated with the likes of Neymar cause he's not banging in 2 goals a game like Ronaldo does.

I know I could sell him, and have 1.7m to spend on something. A part of me wonders if I should sell his base and upgrade to his 94, but it's basically spending 400k for a few +1 upgrades.

Usually, I wouldn't be sitting on 1m coins like this for weeks but every "big" card I try, I just am disappointed in because I compare him to Ronaldo.

Could try and grab 95 Messi next, maybe. See if him and Ronnie can work together....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

haha so hard to get a game in rivals, every second person seems to just quit on tip off as they cheat their way down the divisions.
    Really annoying! I’ve had one person With a bronze squad hold off quitting until I scored which was sound of them, but at least 10 quit before I can tip off.

Pity they don’t add something like a 5 minute freeze from entering another game if you quit before half time.

Those bronze teams annoy me.

Like, if you’re going to register the loss and want to work on objectives, why not score an own goal on your way down to help others too?

Must say, I like 80 Oodergard so far. Doing the La Liga objective, and he scored a goal in each of the two games, changing his position in game to CAM. Can’t wait to try his higher rated cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got lucky with people quitting fairly quickly in rivals so I've managed to unlock Prime Barnes already. Loved his 87 so looking forward to giving this card a go.

Been using Odeegaard as well while doing the swaps so only need 9 more games with him in my starting line up to get his 87. Wasn't a fan of his 80 or 84 but I like his 85 version with the improved weak foot.

Didn't realize I'd have enough tokens left to get another icon so now I'm trying to decide between mid Moore and base Rijkaard. Neither look great tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've tried a few other players in and around the 700k mark now and none, none, hold a candle to Ronaldo. And worse, he overshadows them all so badly that I get frustrated with the likes of Neymar cause he's not banging in 2 goals a game like Ronaldo does.

I know I could sell him, and have 1.7m to spend on something. A part of me wonders if I should sell his base and upgrade to his 94, but it's basically spending 400k for a few +1 upgrades.

Usually, I wouldn't be sitting on 1m coins like this for weeks but every "big" card I try, I just am disappointed in because I compare him to Ronaldo.

Could try and grab 95 Messi next, maybe. See if him and Ronnie can work together....

While I loved Messi’s dribbling etc his stamina is ridiculously bad. Plus his shooting while on stats is the same as CR7s ingame it’s nowhere near. I found Silva miles better at scoring goals.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got lucky with people quitting fairly quickly in rivals so I've managed to unlock Prime Barnes already. Loved his 87 so looking forward to giving this card a go.

Been using Odeegaard as well while doing the swaps so only need 9 more games with him in my starting line up to get his 87. Wasn't a fan of his 80 or 84 but I like his 85 version with the improved weak foot.

Didn't realize I'd have enough tokens left to get another icon so now I'm trying to decide between mid Moore and base Rijkaard. Neither look great tbh.

Rijkaard’s a perfect CDM though. I’d lean towards him unless you want Moore for a sbc etc

Rijkaard’s a perfect CDM though. I’d lean towards him unless you want Moore for a sbc etc

Agree. Rijkaard overall the better card and could help you with links in 451, 433(3) etc to fit in someone like Orsic or other obscure cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool got their 4th win an a row yesterday, no sign of upgrades for Headliners Salah and Wijnaldum yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah Rijkaard is def the better card although his dribbling looks a bit low for a midfielder. Might put a shadow on him and use him as a center back off chem.

There's a new future stars sbc for an american cdm in the bundesliga. Looks good but no interest in it myself.

• Advertisement

Liverpool got their 4th win an a row yesterday, no sign of upgrades for Headliners Salah and Wijnaldum yet.

I imagine it’s the 4 games after their card was released?

I imagine it’s the 4 games after their card was released?

First batch came out on Jan 17th, Liverpool have won league games on the 19th, 23rd, 29th, and 1st Feb.

First batch came out on Jan 17th, Liverpool have won league games on the 19th, 23rd, 29th, and 1st Feb.

Liverpool were probably too quick for them, with the rearranged game in there, you couldn’t expect ea staff to be keeping an eye on things like that!

Just seen promes has an outside chance of a SIF which would be good for us otw owners.

Scored only goal in a 1-0 win over psv. Went off injured at half time.
    I think he’ll probably miss out but with it being the only goal and obviously the winner in a match against big rivals he might sneak in. They can do what they like really.

7-3 yesterday to 10-9 today :( nothing clicking at all for me... bit of delay but holy ****, the amount of ‘god squads’ I’ve come up against is unreal.. TOTYs everywhere, prime icons in all of them. Came up against TOTY Messi 3 times, Kante twice and Ronaldo once.

Needless to say, lost all of those. Quit the majority of them as well as they were miles the better players.

IF trading calling me back. :P

MoluwMH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Managed to get Gold 1 for the first time ever :D
    With a game to spare as well.
    Have to say that I've had no issues with Alisson, he has a great knack for saving 1-on-1s for me.
    Orsic is a great supersub. Almost guaranteed to get an upgrade for consecutive wins as well.
    Will probably grind for Essien next

501734.JPG

Lord TSC wrote: »
    IF trading calling me back. :P

MoluwMH.png

Christ he must have been in a hurry to buy :)

I think this might literally be the worst 25k pack possible :p

Screenshot-2020-02-03-at-00-11-20.png

Anyone do Sané? Tempted as it will bring me full chem.

• Advertisement

Anyone do Sané? Tempted as it will bring me full chem.

Came up against him once... Robertson was able to contain him with his 85ish pace and then my opponent swapped him to the other side of a 4231 vs Walker and he completely destroyed me. Walker couldn’t keep up with him at all - he’s very agile and a good bit of strength too, wasn’t easily knocked off by Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I really like the look of storyline Akanji but I have not completed any of the seasons.

how hard is it to complete? I would imagine it is an incredible grind.

cintec wrote: »
    I really like the look of storyline Akanji but I have not completed any of the seasons.

how hard is it to complete? I would imagine it is an incredible grind.

I find you should get up to Level 25 or 26 just playing naturally. If you actually do some of the Icon objectives, friendlies, etc, it's really not that hard. You can't get them quick; there's not enough objectives to finish it off till nearer the end. But they really haven't been difficult so far.

81+ and 83+ upgrade SBC live now.

Ea tweeted about mc kennie yesterday, card in game had different stats.
    They then deleted the tweet.

I refuse to believe they could keep making this many mistakes, it’s all a social expirement

https://twitter.com/nepenthez/status/1224398353968107522?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

It's seems that they've temporarily disabled the quick recovery function.
    Hopefully it's back soon as it was a good feature.

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1224420298449027078?s=20

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    It's seems that they've temporarily disabled the quick recovery function.
    Hopefully it's back soon as it was a good feature.

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1224420298449027078?s=20

I call absolute horse**** on that especially with the upgrade sbc just out.
    Amazing coincidence

I’m taking a guess someone found an exploit.

They probably just didn’t like people using it to discard high rated duplicate untradeables and get it back after using 1 in sbc

• Advertisement

Did one of the 81+ upgrades, got Neuer. He will do nicely for the Bundesliga objectives. But he’s high enough rated that I figure I won’t risk another caus emy luck isn’t good enough to make two worth it. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement