Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's more than twice the amount of coins I've ever spent on a player, wasn't easy parting way with them but all year I've heard nothing but incredible praise for this lad.

PqSw9pt.png

About 3 weeks on from buying him he's selling for 4.9m, he's the best player I've ever used and I'm not even slightly bored of him but I think I'm gonna cash in to try out some other cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’d love to get his card.
    He always destroys me in games.

Did a few upgrade packs, nothing of interest apart from future Aarons. The one card I don’t bloody need with Zambrotta coming in.
    Not if I want to keep using CR7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ea tweeted about mc kennie yesterday, card in game had different stats.
    They then deleted the tweet.

I refuse to believe they could keep making this many mistakes, it’s all a social expirement

The frequency of mistakes in their most profitable game is baffling but I have to admit I got a good laugh out of this one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/ey2s4w/ea_have_managed_to_create_a_badge_called_eggs/

Wanted to try out Prime Barnes so used him while doing the bundesliga icon swap. 5 games later and he had 11 goals :D

I'm surprised at how much better he is than his 87. His speed, dribbling and 86 strength make him a nightmare to defend against.

Oh also forgot to mention I did the Mid Icon Pack from Swaps

giphy.webp

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Oh also forgot to mention I did the Mid Icon Pack from Swaps

giphy.webp

:(

Who’d you get?? The link won’t open on my phone, I’m guessing by the emoji it’s disappointing anyways.

• Advertisement

Who’d you get?? The link won’t open on my phone, I’m guessing by the emoji it’s disappointing anyways.

Ian Rush

Ian Rush

Ouch.

The quick sell recovery seems to be back working for me, it let me recover a player anyway, no idea where he went though cos I have about 500 carrascos and alcacer :D

Rivals objectives completed for icon swaps, thank god. Def need a break from fifa for a couple of days.

Just the 12 wl wins this weekend and 11 more squad battles and I’ll have Essien.
    On holidays to states in a couple of weeks though so won’t really get to use him for a while.

Hopefully passing will be a little improved by then, horrible since the patch, it was bad before but so random now.

The deed is done

CMitYt4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Rivals objectives completed for icon swaps, thank god. Def need a break from fifa for a couple of days.

Just the 12 wl wins this weekend and 11 more squad battles and I’ll have Essien.
    On holidays to states in a couple of weeks though so won’t really get to use him for a while.

Hopefully passing will be a little improved by then, horrible since the patch, it was bad before but so random now.

Jesus, fair play :pac: I’ve played about 5-ish games for the PL one, haven’t won a single one yet.. got the FUT champs one tho. Came up against a fella yesterday using the 87 Odegaard ffs.. no idea how they grind it so quickly.

Also, just packed Ter Stegen from the free jumbo premium gold pack from season rewards :pac: surprised to see he still goes for 50k... cya to the one I bought... great servant after almost 250 games!

• Advertisement

Jesus, fair play :pac: I’ve played about 5-ish games for the PL one, haven’t won a single one yet.. got the FUT champs one tho. Came up against a fella yesterday using the 87 Odegaard ffs.. no idea how they grind it so quickly.

Also, just packed Ter Stegen from the free jumbo premium gold pack from season rewards :pac: surprised to see he still goes for 50k... cya to the one I bought... great servant after almost 250 games!

I combined ligue 1 with the French objective,
    La liga combined with 11 first owners
    And then the prem and bundes separate.

So was really only 4 sets I had to do, not bothering with serie a as only need 23 tokens and I’d be playing wl this week anyway so will just wait til then for last token I need.

Tapping out at 14 this weekend, went well :p

I1RBrmz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

9 rage quits out of 14 wins???

wonski wrote: »
    9 rage quits out of 14 wins???

People quit so often when you play on Sunday/Monday this week

People quit so often when you play on Sunday/Monday this week

I get very few rage quits now that I’m back on Xbox compared to pc.
    The amount of games I lost last night after being 2-0 up in mins but people stuck with it. Bunch of frakkers lol.

Out of curiosity what formation /tactics are you using Osmosis?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came up against a fella yesterday using the 87 Odegaard ffs.. no idea how they grind it so quickly.
    !

I'm working my way through it, and it's actually not bad at all.

Most of the objectives, if not all (I don't have them to hand) don't actually need wins. Just goals and assists. So even if you lose games, you're able to make decent progress. Most can be done in one game (Score two goals with the 84 can be done in one game, for instance), and even the ones to unlock his 84 and 85 versions are just "Score in 4 games". A lot seem to be in any game mode too, except for the ones to unlock each level up. I'd imagine top players could get him done in a dozen games or so, just playing normally.

I''ve 3/4 of the 84 rated goals scored now to unlock his 85, and am doing it at the same time as the Icon swaps, but he's also really fun to use at CAM as well. He's exactly that type of CAM I love; small, quick, great dribbling and makes great runs.

Really loving him so far, and am wondering if this is a trial run to how they'll upgrade the Season Milestone cards like Politano too...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm working my way through it, and it's actually not bad at all.

Most of the objectives, if not all (I don't have them to hand) don't actually need wins. Just goals and assists. So even if you lose games, you're able to make decent progress. Most can be done in one game (Score two goals with the 84 can be done in one game, for instance), and even the ones to unlock his 84 and 85 versions are just "Score in 4 games". A lot seem to be in any game mode too, except for the ones to unlock each level up. I'd imagine top players could get him done in a dozen games or so, just playing normally.

I''ve 3/4 of the 84 rated goals scored now to unlock his 85, and am doing it at the same time as the Icon swaps, but he's also really fun to use at CAM as well. He's exactly that type of CAM I love; small, quick, great dribbling and makes great runs.

Really loving him so far, and am wondering if this is a trial run to how they'll upgrade the Season Milestone cards like Politano too...

Yeah, this is what I expected when I heard about the upgradable cards.. a really nice concept that’s been floating around for ages. Really like the weak foot upgrades too that you can get! I’ll probably try hack away at this first then move to swaps afterwards.. not too pushed on swaps now. Annoying me too much :pac:

Skills moves and WF upgrades !!!

Firmino 5* skills
    Ziyech 5* skills
    Renato Sanches 4* skills

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm thinking about buying Yedder's 86IF or I could buy M'Bappe's gold card, has anyone played with these players and do they have a favourite?

Blazer wrote: »

Out of curiosity what formation /tactics are you using Osmosis?

Been playing 4132 with custom tactics all on default, player instructions are just fullbacks and CDM stay back, CM get forward, everyone else default.

• Advertisement

Daniel James objective in-game... apparently all do-able in SB!

https://twitter.com/nepenthez/status/1224740102854803457?s=21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Daniel James objective in-game... apparently all do-able in SB!

https://twitter.com/nepenthez/status/1224740102854803457?s=21

Wow, that’s a massive win from ea! Was only saying last week I’d love a future stars Daniel James and live the upgradeable element.

Super easy to obtain aswell.

Also, the beauty of that James one for anyone that really hates playing squad battles is they can just tie it in with icon swaps and sub him on.

Also, the beauty of that James one for anyone that really hates playing squad battles is they can just tie it in with icon swaps and sub him on.

Exactly what I’ll be doing for him + part of Odegaard :D

Saturday will mark 100 days since Politano's release, and still no info on how to upgrade him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Surprised they released a man united player for an objective since he would've sold packs.

One thing I hate though is the score x type of goal objective. I played a game of squad battles on professional while listening to the Liverpool match and scored 2 chip goals, 1 chip volley, 1 normal volley and 1 low driven with 80 rated James yet only the low driven counted :mad:

Also speaking of the Liverpool game, give them all future stars cards they deserve it :pac:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Surprised they released a man united player for an objective since he would've sold packs.

One thing I hate though is the score x type of goal objective. I played a game of squad battles on professional while listening to the Liverpool match and scored 2 chip goals, 1 chip volley, 1 normal volley and 1 low driven with 80 rated James yet only the low driven counted :mad:

Also speaking of the Liverpool game, give them all future stars cards they deserve it :pac:

I’d love a Curtis Jones/Harvey Elliott, even tho the latter isn’t in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Gyan84 wrote: »

Yeah it always seems totally arbitrary what counts towards volleys and chips. I know chips have to go over the keeper, so can't be dinked into an open goal. But score two volleys with him on World Class SB yesterday in the same game while doing Icon Swaps and neither counted.

• Advertisement

Totw 21
    CD9734-FE-DA98-4806-997-B-48-BB5332828-C.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement