Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Blazer wrote: »
    Totw 21
    CD9734-FE-DA98-4806-997-B-48-BB5332828-C.png

De Ligt OTW in flying form :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Totw 21
    CD9734-FE-DA98-4806-997-B-48-BB5332828-C.png

Not much there that I'm interested in. Thought Rudiger would've gotten one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Would love that Firmino card but surprised that it's nearly 400k. He is a popular player I suppose but at this stage there's better players for less.

On my trade to TOTY Mane journey, I'm up to 800k. Still have my Juventus Perins that I picked up on Hogey's recommendation. Think I'll sell them all now for a profit of 1200 per card and then load up on 87 Fernandinho in the hope of a high rated future star or mid icon sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Would love that Firmino card but surprised that it's nearly 400k. He is a popular player I suppose but at this stage there's better players for less.

On my trade to TOTY Mane journey, I'm up to 800k. Still have my Juventus Perins that I picked up on Hogey's recommendation. Think I'll sell them all now for a profit of 1200 per card and then load up on 87 Fernandinho in the hope of a high rated future star or mid icon sbc.

Perin hasn’t risen as quickly as I was hoping, there’s been no repeatable sbc’s in a while that require decent chem.
    So yeah probably a smart move to sell now and move your attention to likes of Fernandinho.

I’m loaded up on carrasco at the moment but need ea to transfer his card, they did loads of lower rated ones on Tuesday like Ashley young to inter, but none of the bigger ones like bruno to United, eriksen to inter, carrasco to atletico, hopefully they do another batch tomorrow and carrasco csl card will be out of packs for good.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Would love that Firmino card but surprised that it's nearly 400k. He is a popular player I suppose but at this stage there's better players for less

Firminos new card has 5 star skills, the others had 4, that’ll add a bit to his value.
    Plus he’s only in packs 3 hours, he’ll probably drop a bit tomorrow as he gets packed a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally got my Zambrotta and he’s a nice upgrade over other RB.
    I could do Rijkaard but I don’t think I could muster the interest really.
    I’ve about 300k so might load up on Carrasco.

Wouldn’t mind getting that Firminho though. 5* skills is nice.
    What’s the betting they do a flashback card for him? :)
    Loved his tots card in fifa18 and did his FB card last year as well which was ridiculously good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to decide on who to try for the weekend round the 700k mark.

Messi up front in a front two with Ronnie.
    HL Mertens as a CAM.
    Mbappe, so I can fit Aouar into the squad as well.

Could possibly do Mertens in a 4-2-3-1, put Aouar as a wide CAM and grab Kante too in order to chem him in.

Right, think I'm going to try this.

I'm not going with the "best" cards, so to speak. It's not a meta team. I just really want to give some of them a whirl. Smalling impressed me the few times I came up against him. I've heard people rave about Tonali and Tomiyasu, and Doherty is because I want to try slightly slower full backs with better passing skills.

Illilic isn't locked in, but I want an Serie A striker who is big and strong, a bit like Ronnie.

BmAdlMC.png

Finally got my Zambrotta and he’s a nice upgrade over other RB.
    I could do Rijkaard but I don’t think I could muster the interest really.
    I’ve about 300k so might load up on Carrasco.

Wouldn’t mind getting that Firminho though. 5* skills is nice.
    What’s the betting they do a flashback card for him? :)
    Loved his tots card in fifa18 and did his FB card last year as well which was ridiculously good.

Firmino is due a +2 upgrade too according to so fifa, his 87 hero card has dropped a bit this evening with the new card. As far as I know that gets the 5 star skill when upgraded and should be an 89.
    Not a bad shout for anyone who wants him and can’t afford the 88 card right now.

On carrasco, I won’t get to play much fifa between now and end of month as I’ll be on hols so don’t mind if I’ve to wait a couple of weeks for him to rise, it’ll all depend on how soon fifa take him out of packs and then what sbc’s are released as to how much he rises, could be a slow rise or could hit the jackpot. (He links nicely with hamsik though who is cheapest 84 outfielder so hopefully a good sbc comes along and pushes him up)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For anyone looking for long-term investments, could be worth your while club stocking 80+ UCL cards for 650-700 coins. CL is returning on the 18th and they seem to be overlooked atm for UCL MMs. Better leagues/nations, higher profit potential.

• Advertisement

Forgot that, snapped up Keita, Aour, Milner, and a few other cheap ones going for 1k or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

What's a good price for Carrasco

Forgot that, snapped up Keita, Aour, Milner, and a few other cheap ones going for 1k or less.

Yeah I was hoovering them up earlier for 650-700 coins... even made profit on some as they go for 1.2k.

What's a good price for Carrasco

2.3, 2.4 on ps4. But you’re really at the mercy of ea here, if they don’t move him to atletico today or tomorrow he’ll probably drop a bit more at 6 tomorrow during lightning rounds.

As I said, this move suits me because I’ll be away a bit so can hold him for 2 to 3 weeks. If you’re the same, that you don’t mind waiting a little bit then might be worth picking up a few.

Jesus, I’ve long since accepted rewards are ****, but even knowing that, this week was poor for me.

Carzola (who I already have the Futmas card of) and an Italian 84 striker I took for future objectives.

Alba, Memphis twice and then not a card about 81.

I’m going to put the Mertens plan on hold for a bit and skip this weekend. Just going to focus on getting James done. I was already looking at a busy weekend but that poor of a return (even by normal standards) has me utterly devoid of motivation.

They seriously need to do something about it.
    I’d be majorly pissed off if I was going WL every weekend for those crap rewards.
    How many teams would you play during the week who actually has a usual red card. Maybe 1-2 at most is what i see.

Sweet. Had a choice of Cazorla, some 81 and Lloris for my red pick.
    Lloris can’t be any worse than De Gea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Picked Firminho twice for my reds. Was doing it on my phone, must have f*cked it up some how. Got to find a decent SBC to throw him in.

They seriously need to do something about it.
    I’d be majorly pissed off if I was going WL every weekend for those crap rewards.
    How many teams would you play during the week who actually has a usual red card. Maybe 1-2 at most is what i see.

Sweet. Had a choice of Cazorla, some 81 and Lloris for my red pick.
    Lloris can’t be any worse than De Gea?

Given there’s promos every week practically, you’d wonder would they not just start adding them to the mix, like they do once TOTS starts.

I know last week, I ave out that the IFs were super poor to choose from and it annoyed me.

But this week is actually a pretty strong week by TotW standards....and I’d still struggle to justify including any of them in my starting squad.

The constant promos have nerfed the regular Totw. 90% of the cards I’m using are ones I earned through objectives and game play. It’s neutered it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Given there’s promos every week practically, you’d wonder would they not just start adding them to the mix, like they do once TOTS starts.

I know last week, I ave out that the IFs were super poor to choose from and it annoyed me.

But this week is actually a pretty strong week by TotW standards....and I’d still struggle to justify including any of them in my starting squad.

The constant promos have nerfed the regular Totw. 90% of the cards I’m using are ones I earned through objectives and game play. It’s neutered it.

It’s a lose lose situation for EA really. The community is demanding SBCs on a daily basis and giving out if they’re too cheap or too expensive. Just can’t win.
    I’d be quite happy to drop all sbc and have them only once a month and go back to divisions the way it was before. But youngsters today all want their instant gratification now.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

They should bring back the tournaments with different teams required and have decent rewards for them. it used to be great trying to do different teams every week and it was great for trading

• Advertisement

It’s a lose lose situation for EA really. The community is demanding SBCs on a daily basis and giving out if they’re too cheap or too expensive. Just can’t win.
    I’d be quite happy to drop all sbc and have them only once a month and go back to divisions the way it was before. But youngsters today all want their instant gratification now.

Yeah. I remember when promos were basically one week a month. Now there's uproar when they aren't running constantly.

But I can see why though; again, when there's no promo-level cards to work towards, there's no real reason to play. In between promos, the IFs are so neutered, and pack luck for icons and stuff are so low, that the CHNACES of even improving your team are non-existant.

Like, I got an 86 IF this morning....but his stats are actually significantly worse than the free 86 version they gave away nearly two months ago to everyone. And he was, realistically, one of the better cards you could pack this morning.

Only 3 of the current TOTW cards are currently going for over 100k. Sancho will likely dip below it soon, and being honest, it's his name, not his stats, that are boosting his price.

Immobile will be round the 100k mark by this time next week. Firminho looks the only useable card there. And, again, this is a stronger week in relativity.

I don't want to appear spoiled, obviously, cause I know some people might get use out of those cards.

But put it to you this way.

I could spend 30 games this week for a possible chance at a decent red or two worth maybe 40k.

Or I can spend those 30 games doing rivals, working towards a few Icon swaps, as well as getting 87 Oodergard and 86 James done. I know that over those 30 games, I'll probably get two cards that will actually have a chance of being in my team, won't be available again (no way either get enough IFs to boost that high) and there's no luck involved.

Its not just TOTW the promos are hurting. It's Weekend League too. Because the prizes aren't worth ignoring the alternative players available through the objectives.

First time I played WL in ages since there was a swap for it... never again, lads. Got Caputo and Mina in my picks.... Caputo and Maxim were an option in BOTH of my picks ffs.

Definitely. They need to revert prime icon SBCs for next year. At least then it gives you something to look forward.
    They could still do icon swaps , just for the lower tier /mid tier icons until around February or so.
    Having both would mean icon prices wouldn’t be crazy etc.

Never mind, lads. Just packed my first ever icon from the rare players pack from FUT champs :pac: pity he’s **** and I’m a Liverpool fan

Won’t let me attach, but it’s mid Scholes... got so confused at the flares on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Definitely. They need to revert prime icon SBCs for next year. At least then it gives you something to look forward.
    They could still do icon swaps , just for the lower tier /mid tier icons until around February or so.
    Having both would mean icon prices wouldn’t be crazy etc.

Agreed.
    If they still had the icon sbc there wouldn’t be the demand for promos. We would all be happy as we would have an SBC to work towards.
    The constant promos have unbalanced the game.

Putting up my result from the WL. This might make @Lord TSC want to get HL Mertens...

FUT-31-01.png

I lost a peno shootout in my last game that would've got me gold 2.

Poor Ronaldo... reduced to assisting Mertens for goals :)
    28 assists = 28 goals for Mertens lol

All that just to get Caputo and Santi! :rolleyes:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Putting up my result from the WL. This might make @Lord TSC want to get HL Mertens...

FUT-31-01.png

I lost a peno shootout in my last game that would've got me gold 2.

You playing him as a striker or CAM?

His stats look better for the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Red picks should 100% have a chance at being players from whatever promo is currently ongoing, so Future Stars right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement