Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That IF Thuram card looks like an amazing option as a Bundesliga striker. 6'4, 86 pace, 92 strength. I imagine he'd go very nicely with Sancho, Coman, etc. He's only 26K at the moment, and arguably a better card than Lewandowski who is 110k+, except for Lewandowski's 4 star WF and skills.

How much XP does everyone have so far? Getting to 99K to get to Zaha or Tolisso seems like it will be an incredible grind. They must be bringing out loads of objectives. I don't think if you completed every single thing available that it even adds up to half that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

8500 exp so far :/
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    I was all set to ditch the bundesliga team but getting so much joy out of the pacy front 3 of Werner, coman and sancho that I’m going to stick with it for the time being.

I’m sure they’ll nerf pace in the next patch but really enjoying it at the moment

Whats your midfield like? No matter what attackers I go with, the midfields all look so bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    8500 exp so far :/

Whats your midfield like? No matter what attackers I go with, the midfields all look so bland.

I have zakaria as a sitting cdm told to stay back and stay central and Brandt and havertz as the 2 cm’s.
    If I keep the bundesliga team beyond tomorrow I’ll switch Brandt to gotetzka.

It’s such a pity sancho didn’t win potm as I really like his base card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've also got around 8500xp, by the time anyone gets the 100k xp necessary to get that Zaha they will have played the game so much that surely they already have a team full of players way better than him.

I've also got around 8500xp, by the time anyone gets the 100k xp necessary to get that Zaha they will have played the game so much that surely they already have a team full of players way better than him.

I’d imagine the weekly objectives will have a big chunk of xp, but yeah they really should just give a small amount of xp per game, those players would be nice to get now but as you say, in 6 weeks time the majority who play weekend league etc will have better players

• Advertisement

Got a 79 rated IF called ninja from marquee matchups. his stats look really good for the pace the game currently is, will give him a try out as a sub.

Also, Turkish league silvers are selling around 6k if you have any, obviously keep 2 for yourself if you plan to complete marquee matchups sbc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any trading tips?

Took a break from FUT for a few years but back now for FIFA 20.

Have a bad team and have got hammered on my opening online games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Did half of the marquee match ups so far.

Umtiti in one pack and another Suarez in the second one :)

What the hell???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Picked the packs from my division rivals and the only player above 81 was 84 rated Tadic who goes for about 4k :o

I hate that wheel menu thing they have in the squad screen. It's like something you'd see in a mobile game. The new player search when doing sbcs is bad as well. Takes longer than the old way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

As soon as I get that 2000 points I'll give rivals a break for a while I think :pac:

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    As soon as I get that 2000 points I'll give rivals a break for a while I think :pac:

Jesus yeah, forgot what a grind it was at the start of fifa 19, always had 2k spare after that but getting that first 2k is a long slog, but the good thing is, I’m actually enjoying the gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Jesus yeah, forgot what a grind it was at the start of fifa 19, always had 2k spare after that but getting that first 2k is a long slog, but the good thing is, I’m actually enjoying the gameplay

Yeah enjoying the gameplay this year, getting spat on at the back though, just can't defend I keep diving in, I'm sure I'll get better as I play it more, hopefully anyways Haha.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah enjoying the gameplay this year, getting spat on at the back though, just can't defend I keep diving in, I'm sure I'll get better as I play it more, hopefully anyways Haha.

Yeah same here, I just dived straight into fifa20 without playing the demo or anything and tried to play the same way I did in fifa19, did not work.

There’s a good YouTuber called boraslegend, I watched his video on manual defending and it improved me a fair bit.

Worth a watch for anyone struggling with defending, nothing groundbreaking in it but sometimes we just need some reminders

https://youtu.be/rutgPnRo2dk

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Transfer market is down..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

That’s bad timing, just as the game properly starts

That’s bad timing, just as the game properly starts

Yeah was about to finish last two sbc from hybrids. My pack luck was great today so didn't want to waste it.

They are probably patching it as we speak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Definitely a game for the pacey players. It will be some fun when everybody unlocks the Hazard card.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Apparently the reason the market is down is that people found an exploit to make it so that every pack they open is 88+ rated, what a start to the year for EA :p

Apparently the reason the market is down is that people found an exploit to make it so that every pack they open is 88+ rated, what a start to the year for EA :p

And shutting down the market would help in what way if every other aspect of the game is live?

• Advertisement

For anyone that isn’t aware yet, there’s a fitness glitch where all your players start on 99 regardless of how low they are, subs seem to be effected though if they’re on lower.

So save your squad fitness for now as this will probably get fixed in next patch.

(Just pause in your next rivals match right after you kick off and you’ll see the bar full on all your starting players)

I just had some ****er scoring an early goal a quitting immediately, and the outcome is I lose the match? I don’t remember it being as blatant in 19

For anyone that isn’t aware yet, there’s a fitness glitch where all your players start on 99 regardless of how low they are, subs seem to be effected though if they’re on lower.

So save your squad fitness for now as this will probably get fixed in next patch.

(Just pause in your next rivals match right after you kick off and you’ll see the bar full on all your starting players)

They better fix that because I have 150 squad fitness card in the club.

I would rather try to play as many as I can without and see if they are getting slower, though.

Just because it shows the bar full doesn't mean they are full. Could be stamina bar glitch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

With the release of the full game today and the OTW cards dropping I plan to buy maybe 4600 points for some packs.

Coming in around 36euro on cd keys last time I checked.

Question is will they drop special packs today does anyone know?

Looking to try get the best value for money out of them, which packs are considered the best to buy anyway?

Taking untradable for my first few weeks of rivals as I want to build up some SBC cards and had good pack luck with them last year.

Hopefully have a direction I want to go with so I can start to invest in a team after tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Played some rivals last night and it was horrible.

Courtois just flapping at everything and letting the ball go in when it's straight at him.

Won 1, drew 1, lost 6

Shambles

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    With the release of the full game today and the OTW cards dropping I plan to buy maybe 4600 points for some packs.

Coming in around 36euro on cd keys last time I checked.

Question is will they drop special packs today does anyone know?

Looking to try get the best value for money out of them, which packs are considered the best to buy anyway?

Taking untradable for my first few weeks of rivals as I want to build up some SBC cards and had good pack luck with them last year.

Hopefully have a direction I want to go with so I can start to invest in a team after tonight

I seen this asked on reddit the other day and the answer seemed to be that there’d be 15k packs available, at the moment there’s only 5k and 7.5 k packs available.

v3ttel wrote: »
    That IF Thuram card looks like an amazing option as a Bundesliga striker. 6'4, 86 pace, 92 strength. I imagine he'd go very nicely with Sancho, Coman, etc. He's only 26K at the moment, and arguably a better card than Lewandowski who is 110k+, except for Lewandowski's 4 star WF and skills.

Wanted to come back to this.

Gave him a try after reading your post, and although I’ve been struggling to find cards I love so far, this one is one.

9 games, 8 goals, 7 assists for me. He’s popping up with some brilliant goals for me. Can’t say the rest of the Bundesliga options are massively inspiring me but he’s been great. Going to try and hybrid him into something.

Possibly with Malen, the other player I’ve loved this season. 26 games, 22 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm thinking of trying him out too, looks like the perfect striker for the current gameplay mechanics. The only problem I've hardly any coins until I offload Messi (yes, nice problem to have), so I'm stuck with the crappy team I have. Hopefully Bundesliga player prices don't go mental because of POTM Lewandowski

Went 3 & 2 in my div rivals placement games. I had 16+ shots in each of the games, but can't finish and then concede very cheap goals. I think it's a combination of me not being very good defensively, none of my defenders having defensive stats in the 80s & me not being able to shoot. Also, my keeper seems to punch the most simple of balls. I also noticed that my defensive line sits super high. I changed the depth down to 2, and they are still leaving acres of space behind them.

Badly need to upgrade the defense, but I'm stuck with what I have at the moment. I sunk 40K into the hybrid leagues SBC yesterday and got the square root of feck all out of the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Never played FUT as assumed it is very difficult to make progress without spending money on it. Is this the case?

• Advertisement

Never played FUT as assumed it is very difficult to make progress without spending money on it. Is this the case?

Yes and no.

You can do it without money, provided...

1. You're ok with investing a lot of time instead.

2. You're happy with not getting the top tiers of players (unless you strike it lucky with pack rewards).

Skill plays a factor, too, obviously. But realisticly, if you're judging success by how great a team you can build, you're going to need to invest either time or money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement