Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finally got Essien, I hope he was worth the long grind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Can't access squad battles, I want my rewards for selling my soul to this crap now :)

There isn't even an option to play it.

What was the reason now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally spent the Eusebio coins:

tVx4RlI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought back CR7 but pondering on selling him again.
    If I go with storyline Jorginho who looks pretty tasty and get myself a nice icon striker I’ll be happy....u think :)
    Could also go for Sane as well. Hmmm it’s a curse having coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had been using IF Ricardo Pereira as my RB for a good while now. Thought I'd look into getting his SIF and picked it up for 118k. Originally bought his IF for 42k and sold it on months later just there for 81k. Bizarre how much he shot up over time given there was a couple of TAA IF & PotM in that time. Anyway not complaining and hopefully he will get a Winter Upgrade as well.

• Advertisement

I only got to play the WL yesterday so only managed 11 wins, but Ronaldo really upped his game from last week, he scored 3 more goals in 8 less games.

Someone was saying here he's been struggling since the patch, I've found it the opposite...

Fut-7-9.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    Bought back CR7 but pondering on selling him again.
    If I go with storyline Jorginho who looks pretty tasty and get myself a nice icon striker I’ll be happy....u think :)
    Could also go for Sane as well. Hmmm it’s a curse having coins.

I'm really, really tempted to sell as well. You were saying you've felt he's a bit "off" now, and I'm feeling a bit the same.

I'm tempted to do Sane and run some stupid counter-attacking, pace whore team of Sane - Werner - James. Invest the Ronaldo coins into someone like KDB and another midfield icon.

If only because I'm looking at my team and feeling very, very bored currently....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm really, really tempted to sell as well. You were saying you've felt he's a bit "off" now, and I'm feeling a bit the same.

I'm tempted to do Sane and run some stupid counter-attacking, pace whore team of Sane - Werner - James. Invest the Ronaldo coins into someone like KDB and another midfield icon.

If only because I'm looking at my team and feeling very, very bored currently....

That’s it exactly.
    I think he was only off because the European servers were crap this weekend. Hell they probably hosted and streamed on the same servers they use for WL for the Milan contest.
    He seems a lot more like himself today :)

I think the boredom is more to do with Rivals and how it’s done this year with those bloody objectives.

I've also done probably 100 of those 83+ upgrade packs, didn't get any amazing cards but did get a lot of high rated ones so my club is stacked now for when the next great SBC comes along:

89 x 6
    88 x 5
    87 x 5
    85 x 4
    84 x 19

And that doesn't include special cards that I might convince myself to part ways with like EOE Schweinsteiger and FUTMAS De Gea.

I think the boredom is more to do with Rivals and how it’s done this year with those bloody objectives.

I like the theory of the objectives. It's giving me a chance to use cards and teams I'd never really use regularly. Its added some value to the useless Reds and such I've gotten.

On the other hand, especially cause I skipped WL last weekend, it's been nearly two weeks since I actually used my full and strongest team...
    I've also done probably 100 of those 83+ upgrade packs, didn't get any amazing cards but did get a lot of high rated ones so my club is stacked now for when the next great SBC comes along:

Actually, must run my club through some upgrades for future SBCs. Good thought.

• Advertisement

Objectives should be done in Friendlies instead of Rivals, they massively talked up their new Friendlies mode in the build-up to FIFA 20 and now do nothing with it outside of a Daily Objective. When going for objectives in Rivals you'll often come up against people who aren't, and are just using their best team trying to get a good Rivals rank. If the objectives were in Friendlies you would always come up against other players going for objectives, because there's no other incentive to play Friendlies like there is for Rivals.

Objectives should be done in Friendlies instead of Rivals, they massively talked up their new Friendlies mode in the build-up to FIFA 20 and now do nothing with it outside of a Daily Objective. When going for objectives in Rivals you'll often come up against people who aren't, and are just using their best team trying to get a good Rivals rank. If the objectives were in Friendlies you would always come up against other players going for objectives, because there's no other incentive to play Friendlies like there is for Rivals.

Completely agree...last week I was pushing my strongest team and upto div 6 and only a hundred points approx from 5, stupid objectives came out again and back down again. I’m tempted to just skip all in future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Completely agree...last week I was pushing my strongest team and upto div 6 and only a hundred points approx from 5, stupid objectives came out again and back down again. I’m tempted to just skip all in future

I gave up after the first set of icons, I don’t see the point.
    It ruins rivals.
    My aim is always to get up as high as possible in divisions/rivals while building my team. That might be different for a div 1/2 player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Same as that, I went through a few weeks of not having any rivals objectives and was 1 win away from div 3, then between the icon swaps, and player objectives I’m back down in 6 or 7.
    I’ve never self relegated but if I’m using a crappy bundes team and require a win I will quit if I go a couple down, whereas if it was my regular team I’d just stick it out.

Rivals for me is an absolute mess, it’s full of people completely in the wrong division or people who will go out of their way to prevent you completing an objective.

Wl is actually a much more relaxing game mode for me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Actually dropped all the way from bordering div 3/2 all the way down to div 6 from doing/attempting objectives :pac: friendlies would be the best way about it..

and same as Hogey above, found WL more relaxing two weeks ago where I could use an actual proper squad and not one that’s mixed up with non rares and ****e players.

POTM Courtois just been released too - 84 squad + 1x Belgium and 2x TOTW.

Someone here was investing in Carrascos right? Belgian player needed for POTM Courtois.

Someone here was investing in Carrascos right? Belgian player needed for POTM Courtois.

Just came on here to post this, he’s up at 4K now on ps4, have about 1.2mil invested in him between 1.8 and 2.5k.

Will flog a tonne now, but if those lazy pr!cks had transfered him his csl card would be rising so much higher now.

Ah well, all profit is good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just came on here to post this, he’s up at 4K now on ps4, have about 1.2mil invested in him between 1.8 and 2.5k.

Will flog a tonne now, but if those lazy pr!cks had transfered him his csl card would be rising so much higher now.

Ah well, all profit is good:)

So you have about 500 plus Carrasscos? Wish I had the patience lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Is it even possible to have that many?

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Is it even possible to have that many?

Yep but you can’t open any packs. They’re all in the unassigned pile.

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    So you have about 500 plus Carrasscos? Wish I had the patience lol

Haha yeah it takes a fair bit of patience, but I just did it in batches, after every wl game on Sunday I just went in and bought 30 or 40, come back 20 mins later and there’d be more listed at that price, buy all of them.
    Just rinse and repeat.
    He’s going for 5k now.

The 82 rated saint maxim is selling at 85k so we’re breaking even now in terms of value on his otw sbc.

Also, Neymar officially nominated for ligue 1 potm, fingers crossed he wins.

Well look who I just beat while going for objectives :D

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-01-49.png
    Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-01-58.png

This was my team:

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-02-08.png

Can’t wait for his next video where he calls you a cheating cvnt or something. Another ahole streamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Well look who I just beat while going for objectives :D

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-01-49.png
    Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-01-58.png

This was my team:

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-03-02-08.png

I know one fella that was playing against DJ Mariio (Spanish YouTuber, maybe pro) in WL live on his stream... he was so toxic shushing etc and getting his viewers (couple thousand on YouTube live) to spam his messages :pac: my friend ended up bringing him to extra time + 120 mins and he ended up just quitting and wasting his time.. only did it because of how toxic he was. You could see him self-implode on stream and he sent him a rage message + urged his viewers to spam and report him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Current team:

502507.JPG

Ozil, Eriksen & CB are the main positions to be strengthened. Vardy as well probably but if he gets a Winter Upgrade can hold off on that for a while. Thinking of swapping Eriksen for TOTGS KDB & Ozil for Headliner Mertens. Should have enough once I sell all my Carrascos :pac:.

Thoughts? Worth it? Would pretty much drain all my coins.

These are my top 5 league teams (without any icons).

Any suggestions to upgrade them, or where I should be investing? I'm tempted by Aguero POTM for my prem team but may go for his hero card or whatever that funky one is as I can resell.

Budesliga.png

LaLiga.png

Ligue1.png

Prem.png

SerieA.png

82-88 upgrades up. Time to rinse the club! :P

Also an 83+ player pick, BUT you need 11 UCL cards.

Wooho...kaching!!!!!

• Advertisement

It’s an 80+ ..damnit.
    But obviously means UCL cards will definitely be required for next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement