Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Blazer wrote: »
    Some team.

Had to sell Ben Yedder again. His stamina is appalling and since I need him to play CAM he’s wrecked by the first half already.

Just got the header objective so only to win the 3 more rival matches and he’s done. (Osimhen).
    He’s a pretty tasty player I have to play. I heard people saying his 85 was awful but I found him brillIant so can’t wait to try his 88.
    I seem to be leaning towards lique 1 again this year.

So I have a choice of Mid Ballack, prime Petit, Prime Makelele , Prime Rijkaard etc.

Who would be best this year?
    Loved Ballack last year but tempted to get Petit. Would be playing a defensive role.plus that ponytail :)

Moments definitely tomorrow.
    Cards are already in the transfer search but obviously no cards yet out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not sure if it's because I'm in Div 6, doing objectives (which always seems to increase the problems) or what.

But there feels like an increased level of toxicity right now in Rivals. Every single game I'm playing is against the type who can't walk 2 foot without trying a spin (even if they are awful at doing it), running the pitch when celebrating, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's because I'm in Div 6, doing objectives (which always seems to increase the problems) or what.

But there feels like an increased level of toxicity right now in Rivals. Every single game I'm playing is against the type who can't walk 2 foot without trying a spin (even if they are awful at doing it), running the pitch when celebrating, etc.

I’ve just never been able to get my head around what is wrong with these people.

Like yesterday, I was playing a guy with 7 icons, I got a lofted through ball assist with odegard early on, skipped celebration, then yer man batters me, fine no problem there, he’s 5-1 up, celebrates and watches every replay, again, annoying but that’s he’s right if he wants, I’m not quitting cos I have 1 of the assists I need.
    But In last 20/30 mins, every time odegard or osimhen gets the ball he’s doubling up on them, fouling me, leaving toty mbappe wide open just to prevent osimhen from scoring.
    So he no longer even cares if I score, just that I don’t get it with osimhen.

That’s the most recent example I have but I get ones like that so regularly, just don’t understand it.
    I’m not asking anyone to let me score, but don’t foul me and go absolutely out of your way at 5-1 up to prevent a certain person scoring.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’ve just never been able to get my head around what is wrong with these people.

Like yesterday, I was playing a guy with 7 icons, I got a lofted through ball assist with odegard early on, skipped celebration, then yer man batters me, fine no problem there, he’s 5-1 up, celebrates and watches every replay, again, annoying but that’s he’s right if he wants, I’m not quitting cos I have 1 of the assists I need.
    But In last 20/30 mins, every time odegard or osimhen gets the ball he’s doubling up on them, fouling me, leaving toty mbappe wide open just to prevent osimhen from scoring.

That’s the most recent example I have but I get ones like that so regularly, just don’t understand it.
    I’m not asking anyone to let me score, but don’t foul me and go absolutely out of your way at 5-1 up to prevent a certain person scoring.

Those people are just incredibly sad. Anyone that does that has a serious self esteem issue and just needs to validate their worth somehow.
    That’s what I tell them if they ever send me abusive messages afterwards :)

It’s also creeping into friendlies which is even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm seeing loads of this as well. Was playing earlier and up 4-1, went to 6-1 in about 30 seconds as he was so concerned about stopping Osimhen & Odegaard from scoring he was basically just leaving me totally free to score with anybody else. Loads of hacking down the two boys as well when it looks like they are through on goal.

Had I guy message me 'L' about 300 times during a game I was winning 3-1 as well. Can't understand what he gets out of it, it's weird.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm seeing loads of this as well. Was playing earlier and up 4-1, went to 6-1 in about 30 seconds as he was so concerned about stopping Osimhen & Odegaard from scoring he was basically just leaving me totally free to score with anybody else. Loads of hacking down the two boys as well when it looks like they are through on goal.

Had I guy message me 'L' about 300 times during a game I was winning 3-1 as well. Can't understand what he gets out of it, it's weird.

There’s some strange folk out there.

I still play the same, if someone hasn’t been toxic against me and if it won’t effect the result (either if I’m a few up, or a few down) I’ll let them get their goal, cross, whatever in last 15/20 mins.

If they’ve made me sat through replays etc I don’t bother, simples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve had the exact same issues doing Odegaard... one fella got 2 red cards in a game, should’ve been 3 but GKs don’t get sent off. Jokes on him, I scored in the 92nd with Odegaard for my objective :pac:

Nice, went on a mad run this afternoon and knocked out the wins using my Bundesliga and Ligue 1 teams for Icon swaps.

One left to get for Koeman now. And I can get it with 5 wins in WL.

Nice, went on a mad run this afternoon and knocked out the wins using my Bundesliga and Ligue 1 teams for Icon swaps.

Nice!!
    I keep forgetting I can still get 7 tokens so can get either Rijkaard or mid Moore. I’m leaning towards Rijkaard. He’d be better than Guardiola at CDM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I got Koeman, he's powerful in midfield and great passing, reminds me a bit of Ballack from last year... one big drawback is stamina, he's gassing at 60 for me atm, replacing him with pogba each game for now.

Winter refresh tomorrow, they’ve confirmed Werner is getting a +3 so his potm will be 92.

It expires at 3pm tomorrow, think I’ll do it tonight.
    300k for a 92 Werner seems good, even if he’d just be a sub (can’t fit him into current team)

Winter refresh tomorrow, they’ve confirmed Werner is getting a +3 so his potm will be 92.

It expires at 3pm tomorrow, think I’ll do it tonight.
    300k for a 92 Werner seems good, even if he’d just be a sub (can’t fit him into current team)

Actually reading it again, it appears they’re only upgrading players who got a +3 or higher.

Am I reading that right?

Another huge step back from Uncle Scrooge if so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Actually reading it again, it appears they’re only upgrading players who got a +3 or higher.

Am I reading that right?

Another huge step back from Uncle Scrooge if so!!

Yep out of all the players in the game only 50 are getting an upgrade card.

I was alright with there being no liverpool future star since I thought firmino would get an upgrade but no. Makes it even weirder that they decided to release that 75 rated motm liverpool youngster that is unusable.

Thinking the same as you in regards to Werner but I'm hesitant that they just won't upgrade any existing special cards purely to drive up interest in the new ones.

Have to decide between doing werner or holding my high rated cards in the hope of a decent Liverpool potm or poty in march.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Yep out of all the players in the game only 50 are getting an upgrade card.

I was alright with there being no liverpool future star since I thought firmino would get an upgrade but no. Makes it even weirder that they decided to release that 75 rated motm liverpool youngster that is unusable.

Thinking the same as you in regards to Werner but I'm hesitant that they just won't upgrade any existing special cards purely to drive up interest in the new ones.

Have to decide between doing werner or holding my high rated cards in the hope of a decent Liverpool potm or poty in march.

Yeah they’ve changed the criteria for upgrades so who knows if they’ll upgrade specials like they did last year.
    And Werner conveniently expires 3 hours before the upgrade. Oh I might just chance it.

They really are on a vendetta against their customers, so many people would’ve got firmino, lewa, mane special cards on the basis of the upgrade, now, not 1 player with a base card over 83 is getting upgraded.

But prime moments released at same time so people will lap up the fifa points anyway!

Seems like winter OTW too and some other new card design from their announcement tweet coming tomorrow as well

Seems like winter OTW too and some other new card design from their announcement tweet coming tomorrow as well

Looks like they’re finally giving us info on the politano milestone card tomorrow, he’s one of the cards in the graphic.

I don't care if he's not "meta". I've decided to try out Prime Van Nestlerooy, pairing him with Ronnie in front of HL Mertens.

ronaldo_and_ruud_van_nistelrooy.jpg?itok=VknXNePs

To stave off boredom, I just want to try out some less common cards. If he doesn't work, Shearer was another who was tempting me.

I don't care if he's not "meta". I've decided to try out Prime Van Nestlerooy, pairing him with Ronnie in front of HL Mertens.

ronaldo_and_ruud_van_nistelrooy.jpg?itok=VknXNePs

To stave off boredom, I just want to try out some less common cards. If he doesn't work, Shearer was another who was tempting me.

Shearer is awful. They’re really screwed over one of the best strikers ever in the Premiership. Same for Henry.
    I’d love to run Shearer every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »

That’s the new players list.
    Damn no Ben Arfa.

From the looks of the splash screen Politano is getting a +2.

And that R9 and Maradonna moments card.

Think I’ll leave the Werner card, if he does get the upgrade, so would my totgs laturo Martinez and potm vardy, have 90 rated Villa as a sub at the moment too he always does a job so no point in spending 300k on a sub, I can only bring on 1 striker as a sub anyway.

Osimhen completed.
    Must definitely compete that winger James’s card. One guy played him up front at ST and he ripped me apart with him.

Think I’ll leave the Werner card, if he does get the upgrade, so would my totgs laturo Martinez and potm vardy, have 90 rated Villa as a sub at the moment too he always does a job so no point in spending 300k on a sub, I can only bring on 1 striker as a sub anyway.
    scratch all the above, FOMO got the better of me, completed his sbc

Once I get Odegaard, I’m very tempted to change and work my way towards FS Haland.. that or stay on course for TOTY Mane? Anyone used either of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Winter Upgrades are terrible only 50 players are getting upgraded (138 last year) and they're only including upgrades that are at least +3 OVR.

I mean Liverpool are running away with the league on their way to a record points haul and they haven't gotten a single upgrade, not even for 80 rated Joe Gomez. Lewandowski has scored 35 goals in 30 games this season and isn't getting one, same goes for Ciro Immobile scoring 28 in 30.

Lads not sure if any of you are interested in this type of thing cos it’s mind numbingly boring but after the 1.7 mil profit on carrasco I’ve gone heavy again on 2 cards.

Spent 1.8 mil over the course of the day on carrasco again and alcacer.

Carrasco for same reasons as last week, his csl will be out of packs soon (hopefully tomorrow) and he links with hamsik and the csl Brazilian 83’s.

He’s back down to 2.3k now.

Second card is alcacer of Dortmund, 2.1 to 2.4 on ps4.
    Recently transferred to Villarreal so Dortmund card will be out of packs soon.
    The reason I like him so much is because with Werner’s 83 card going out of packs at 6 tomorrow the only other striker card in bundes between 83-85 is kramaric and he’s a nightmare to link, so for any bundes sbc the Dortmund version of alcacer should still get used.

How long it will take to get a decent return? No idea? If they go out of packs tomorrow it’ll be a big help, then it’s sbc dependant.

But for proof of cards rising out of packs, mandzukic is 10k now, you can actually just get a serie a 85 rated striker instead but people blindly follow futbin. Werner has already rose 1.3k since it was announced he’d be out of packs.

I’m also in the luxury of not caring if I’ve to hold these cards for a couple of weeks as I’ll be away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did Werner as well. Only had to put 30k with the untradeables I got from the toty upgrade packs. Going to pump my worthless cards into the 82-88 upgrade to stock up on sbc fodder again.

Used him while doing the rivals icon swaps and found him pretty good. He's fast enough that a center back with a shadow won't catch up and his short range finishing is lethal.

Also filled my tradepile up with lo celsos at 1600 coins. Would be suprised if there wasn't a guaranteed totw or otw sbc tomorrow so 83s should go up

Managed to nab about 50 Alcacer but there’s a big run going on him now on Xbox.
    Got all mine for 2.4k or less but he’s now extinct below 3k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Thanks for the heads up Hogey, grabbing what I can of both!!

I've only 1 volley to go to get Zaniolo, it's the most frustrating thing ever! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement