Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    Lads not sure if any of you are interested in this type of thing cos it’s mind numbingly boring but after the 1.7 mil profit on carrasco I’ve gone heavy again on 2 cards.

Just one question with going unassigned. If I need to buy a card to complete a sbc is that still possible or will it just get lost in the unassigned pile.

I get I won't be able to open packs or rewards just wasn't sure about doing sbcs while having a large unassigned pile.

Thanks for the tips tho much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

you can still buy and use, however on the web app you cant use the buy it now option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just one question with going unassigned. If I need to buy a card to complete a sbc is that still possible or will it just get lost in the unassigned pile.

I get I won't be able to open packs or rewards just wasn't sure about doing sbcs while having a large unassigned pile.

Thanks for the tips tho much appreciated.

You can still buy cards but as Seamie says, you won’t be able to on phone or web apps.

Also, and this is very important, if you’re buying a card on console either to use in your team or for an sbc, you have to buy from an sbc screen, just go to the transfer market tab within the sbc and then select the option to add to the sbc rather than send to club.
    That way it adds the player to your club but if you buy direct from transfer screen it can be hit or miss if it gets lost in unassigned

And sorry, one last point of note if going unassigned.

The last few player objective have required you to get different versions of a player card and complete objectives with them, if you’re unassigned you wouldn’t be able to get the cards needed until out of unassigned.

So going unassigned won’t be for everyone, as I said, I won’t get to play much fifa in next 2 weeks so suits me grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

seamie78 wrote:
    you can still buy and use, however on the web app you cant use the buy it now option

Hogey007 wrote:
    You can still buy cards but as Seamie says, you won’t be able to on phone or web apps.

Thank lads. Will spend the day filling up the trade/unassigned pile 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Are these future star cards worth it?

Seriously pissed off with having to graft through squad battles at this stage and I am only 3/4 way through achieving my first player from it. (James btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Seriously pissed off with having to graft through squad battles at this stage and I am only 3/4 way through achieving my first player from it. (James btw)

The objectives ones? Yes to all but Zaniolo - he’s not worth it at all. I’m going to get James and Odegaard and try get as far as I can with Osimhen.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

depends on what team you have currently and how bad you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

The objectives ones? Yes to all but Zaniolo - he’s not worth it at all. I’m going to get James and Odegaard and try get as far as I can with Osimhen.

An awful pain having to go through squad battles to achieve them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah I actually found Osihmen the most enjoyable one to get.
    I still haven't completed James so must finish that..stupid SB.
    The others...meh just took the second highest of the cards to use in some SBC.

• Advertisement

True. I just pair it up with the icon swaps and get what I need, then do the SB glitch and go away and do something else.

Just copped for the duplicate IFs you may have to discard.
    You can keep them indefinitely really as long as you restore each with the 7 day period.
    eg I have LW idrissa so discarded the one in my club and restored the one I quick sold 7 days ago.
    In 7 days I'll do the exact same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have finished James.

Odegaard I am playing with in my team trying to get the objectives but not that pushed.

Same with Osimhen. I have the 85 one now so they way I'm looking at it is that's already an improvement on his 83 PotM I have. If I get the 88 great, if not I won't lose any sleep.

Zaniolo won't be bothering with. Have done him up as far as the SB bit. Worst card of the four and the hardest objectives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't get HL Mertens firing at all. I know his stats are good, and it's a Me issue, rather than a Him issue. But I cannot get him to score or assist.

Prime RVN on the other hand is a dream. He's playing how Ronaldo used to play for me, which is making the thoughts of selling Ronnie even stronger. RVN is banging in goals and getting assists.

Might sell Ronnie and Mertens, and see about either trying another top tier Icon, OR a mid tier ST and LM icon duo. 90 Henry looks tempting, given I've never used him before.

I'm happy doing James as a United fan, but I'm not sure I'd be massively pushed if I wasn't.

Osimhen, I actually feel his 85 has been impressing me, so I'll probably push for his card.

And Odegaard has been coming naturally as a super-sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Winter refresh tomorrow, they’ve confirmed Werner is getting a +3 so his potm will be 92.

It expires at 3pm tomorrow, think I’ll do it tonight.
    300k for a 92 Werner seems good, even if he’d just be a sub (can’t fit him into current team)
    Are you sure it goes to 92? Would it not just go up the 1 rating to 90?

Are you sure it goes to 92? Would it not just go up the 1 rating to 90?

At first I thought it would be 92, as iirc correctly last year all special versions went up the same number of upgrades, ie, his 83 goes to 86 so his 85 IF goes to 88 and each subsequent special gets a +3.

Others on reddit etc think it’ll just be a +1.

In truth, no one knows, ea have changed the criteria as to who even gets an upgrade so they could do anything with the specials.

I just did the sbc anyway as all the feedback seemed to say his 89 was worth the 300k, any upgrade would be a bonus.

Every bloody game is back to one depth.

I felt that the game had moved on from that in recent weeks. People seemed to be venturing out again. But it’s right back to the most negative **** that makes the game so painfully boring.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Every bloody game is back to one depth.

I felt that the game had moved on from that in recent weeks. People seemed to be venturing out again. But it’s right back to the most negative **** that makes the game so painfully boring.

blame that bloody final last weekend. Everyone on it saw how effective it was and is now thinking hey I can do the same.,..and nick a goal in the process.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    blame that bloody final last weekend. Everyone on it saw how effective it was and is now thinking hey I can do the same.,..and nick a goal in the process.

I prefer coming up against it (most of the time), if you get the first goal, they're there for the picking on the break.

On another topic, has anyone any tips for scoring a volley? I can't get the last one for Zaniolo and it's going to kill me now if I don't!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I prefer coming up against it (most of the time), if you get the first goal, they're there for the picking on the break.

On another topic, has anyone any tips for scoring a volley? I can't get the last one for Zaniolo and it's going to kill me now if I don't!!

If he has 4* skills, rainbow flick and pray he volleys it.

press r2 button and he will flick it up and then boot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

1st WL game, dude somehow scores a header in injury time to level it at 3-3, I mesmerise him and get through on goal in injury injury time..... he disconnects.

After playing last weekend for the first time in two months and getting 14-13, all for two awful red card picks I wonder why we bother with this crap.

Even his equaliser was a joke, Daniel James somehow scoring a header whilst sandwiched in between Pique and Ramos :D

I suppose I should be glad, I would say I have a 100% loss record after conceding equalisers in injury time.

Blazer wrote: »
    press r2 button and he will flick it up and then boot it.

Oh I've tried, half the time he doesn't flick the ball up. I've been trying coming in from the side and double tap a pass or lobbed ball over to see if boots it in but he likes to use his head :o

Oh I've tried, half the time he doesn't flick the ball up. I've been trying coming in from the side and double tap a pass or lobbed ball over to see if boots it in but he likes to use his head :o

lol and when you want them to use their head they refuse to :D

5-7.

Think I’ll possibly leave it at that too. Got my five wins for Koeman, so he’s done. I’m not far off my usual 1:1 ratio, but every. Single. Game is back to that absolutely toxic 1 depth ****. Even the games I’m winning, people still refuse to come out of their boxes. It’s like they simply cannot even think of doing anything other than it, even when it’s self defeating.

Ugh, I’ll see how I’m feeling tomorrow but it’s a horrible “tactic” to play against. Not difficult. Just mind numbingly boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah but if they get the first goal it's horrible. Played a guy last week who was 5-3-2 and he tipped off and just passed the ball around his back line really deep trying to draw me out. Eventually the game was so **** I just went full pressure and he got a goal. I just disconnected as I knew the rest of the game would be just him defending at 1 depth and then passing the ball around the back.

Looks like the WL is gonna be awful this week so from what you guys are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All I'm hoping to see from PIMs today is some big upgrades for the lower rated Icons, I'd love like a 91 rated Nakata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I’d love to see some sbc for the prime moments icons. I know there won’t be any but could they not just give us a few.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement