Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Oof, packed a winter refresh Limbombe and Pique in the rare electrum pack from MM. Nice 70k there :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Played a game there against a guy with Prime Cruyff, Neymar, Mbappe, TOTY De Jong, etc. Real super team.

Beat him 1-0, with me getting 15 shots, and him having ONE shot. Because he was playing 5ATB all game, 1 depth, hitting it long to Cruyff.

A 7m striker, with about as expensive a team behind him, resorting to long ball tactics, even when losing. And even when he did get through once or twice, rather than try and hit the ball, he started trying fancy roll overs to leave my trailing defenders dead.

It breaks my heart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finally got my 2nd volley to get Zaniolo (only took 39 games to do all his objectives lol), he’s actually a decent player, I’ve been using him to get the upgraded Politano. He always shows up in the right place and has a sweet left foot.

Winter Refresh Correra added to La Liga League objectives.

Imagine all the leagues are getting someone then.

Built a draft with PIM Zidane, R9, Hagi, Baresi, Gattuso and a couple other regular icons... loving draft, hope they keep it like this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Winter Refresh Correra added to La Liga League objectives.

Imagine all the leagues are getting someone then.

Bundes and Ligue 1 are most desperate for a third pick, their two selections are tragic

Ooh, everyone that got that TOTY De Jong message in error last time is now being awarded him.. nice move by EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had to take the hit on Alcarer and buy back CR7.
    WL is bad enough and trying to play with Osihmen or Vardy was too headwrecking with the chances they were missing.
    CR7 comes back and himself and Silva blow away the opposition.
    He’s in now till tots I swear to god.

Blazer wrote: »
    WL is bad enough and trying to play with Osihmen or Vardy was too headwrecking with the chances they were missing.

I finally pulled the trigger on mine last night. About 275 goals in 350 games. Will miss him :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I finally pulled the trigger on mine last night. About 275 goals in 350 games. Will miss him :(

You definitely will. No other striker comes close to him.
    You'll notice it especially when your striker is one on one with the keeper in the last minute of the game..
    with CR7 its a goal...anyone else its 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Had to take the hit on Alcarer and buy back CR7..

Yeah unfortunately on this, needed 1 of 2 things to happen, alcacer out of packs for Dortmund or good sbc’s.
    Both together would’ve been brill, we got neither!

And can’t see him being transferred now until next Friday, I think they’ll do another little announcement Friday like they did this week with the ratings, to say Fernandes in packs for united, bergwin for spurs etc and just leave them all til then.

What’s your team look like?

Sigh.

Decided to finish the last few games of the weekend, since I was only a two wins off 11. Decided to try and embrace the ****housery, and am running a 4-3-2-1 with IF Rashford, POTM Werner and IF Gnabry up front. Embracing the “drop back” stuff.

And have won three on the bounce now. Up to 13-12, going positive in the win/loss ratio for the first time, just hitting long balls up to the trio of untradeables I have. Vardy, James and Salah on the bench too.

100% notice that the game is way easier without Ronnie and the icons spread through the team too. Not from any handicapping point of view, but from the point of view that people aren’t as scared of That front line as they are Ronnie and RVN so are leaving a load of open space behind their defenses.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What’s your team look like?

basically the same now in a while.
    Ignore Chem...starting formation is 433 (4) with everyone bar Di Maria on full chem and immediately switch in game to 4231 with CR7 up front.

https://www.futhead.com/20/squads/277696/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Market seems to have crashed hard. Think I'm going to stock up on 87 Hummels to go with my Fernandinhos and pick up some more Lo Celsos as well.

Anybody know any good 84s that people use as sbc fodder? I was thinking Arthur from Barcelona since he has good links but he's still over 4k.

Gyan84 wrote: »

Anybody know any good 84s that people use as sbc fodder? I was thinking Arthur from Barcelona since he has good links but he's still over 4k.

Lautaro Martinez 84 version is good if you have patience because people struggle to find it buried in with his 81 card.
    I just set filter to min 2.5k, max 3.5k and scroll across to the 50mins or higher remaining and find an odd few there, got a good few at 2.9 or 3k throughout several searches.
    (Might just get 2 or 3 each time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Lautaro Martinez 84 version is good if you have patience because people struggle to find it buried in with his 81 card.
    I just set filter to min 2.5k, max 3.5k and scroll across to the 50mins or higher remaining and find an odd few there, got a good few at 2.9 or 3k throughout several searches.
    (Might just get 2 or 3 each time)

Picked up a few of them last night for 1.8, thought it was strange at that price. So keep an eye out

basically the same now in a while.
    Ignore Chem...starting formation is 433 (4) with everyone bar Di Maria on full chem and immediately switch in game to 4231 with CR7 up front.

https://www.futhead.com/20/squads/277696/
    Do you play Silva behind CR7 or Aguero?

Well, after 2 days they've given up on adding third picks to League SBCs. For today we get a weak upgrade to the Moi Gomez Milestone card and they've brought back the 83+ SBC for what feels like the 15th time.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Do you play Silva behind CR7 or Aguero?

Behind him with Aguero on the RAM.
    I find then with a left footed and right foot player I have both players who can finesse it into the corner. Silva is matching CR7 for goals now at this stage as everyone gets so focussed on CR7.

• Advertisement

Well, after 2 days they've given up on adding third picks to League SBCs. For today we get a weak upgrade to the Moi Gomez Milestone card and they've brought back the 83+ SBC for what feels like the 15th time.

Tomorrow a bank holiday in Canada too I believe so unlikely to get any new content then.

Seems this promo is purely to let content die a little so people buy points to chase those prime icons.

This is my 100k pack for winning 200 Squad Battles games, very rewarding

qJ8WIRH.png
    Gzq5jsk.png

This is my 100k pack for winning 200 Squad Battles games, very rewarding

qJ8WIRH.png
    Gzq5jsk.png

We are all devastated for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Is it safe to assume that at this stage there will be no additional league SBCs?
    I have a good few Mexican and Argentinian players in storage, but I can't see them happening at this stage.

Said I’d do the daily friendly and get the 80 Zaniolo at the same time. I don’t even defend on these until I get the ball back. But one chap messsged me after the game saying I was useless with the team I had. Lol it wasn’t even my first team :)
    I’m still laughing at the stupid git.

Said I’d do the daily friendly and get the 80 Zaniolo at the same time. I don’t even defend on these until I get the ball back. But one chap messsged me after the game saying I was useless with the team I had. Lol it wasn’t even my first team :)
    I’m still laughing at the stupid git.

Hahaha what a clown!

I just play against ai for daily friendly, score a goal from kick off, switch back to Netflix, press x a few times a few mins later to move onto 2nd half and come back and it’s done.

I was trying to get the politano 89 done this evening, got more than half complete but my god it’s gas, I actually got 6 penalties over 5 games (2 in 1 match) from when politano was about to score a finesse or when politano had crossed and mbappe was going to score!

6 in 5 games, 2 got red cards. People are that spiteful. I’m not sure if it’s me subbing on toty mbappe that triggers them?? I certainly don’t play toxic.

Its basically the losers way of spiting people.
    They’re obviously not good enough in rivals or WL so fall back on friendlies. It’s bloody sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

91 Ballack from squad battles rewards :)

Not prime moments, but won't complain.

Was on elite3 after completing James.

Also strange pack with 60 rare items appeared for a split moment in the club.

No longer there. No freebies.

I got a similar one for a 99 rated player pick and started getting all very excited.
    Then when it actually came up to do it it changed to a 81-83 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

in squad battle rewards I got a strange pack called *fut_store_pack_536_name_mobile, when I go to open it the web app crashes whats that about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement